Who here likes to cook?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Given how so many of us are currently on lockdown I was wondering if anyone here has gotten i to home cooking. I admit that my wife handles most of that stuff but I lear ed to cook when I was single and I have been doing a bit more of it over the last several months.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I've always handled the kitchen. She struggles with reheating stuff but ironically enough, can bake a little. I hate sweets so I let her use the oven for herself and our kids. Otherwise, hands off! Get out of my kitchen and do the dishes, wenches!

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Both. I like to grill, and slow smoke. Like a couple of chickens or a pork shoulder. I bet you do too. :ThumbsUp4:
Not that good at Baking sweet stuff. Fuck we’re gonna be good cooks after the pandemic is over

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
When I was homeless at 18 (by choice), I had to cook. It started out basic and ordinary, and after a year of ordinary I though “fuck that shit” and started being all gourmet. A sprinkle of this and a pinch that...and now I can say that I can serve up any dish fit for a king. Even dishes that I’ve never heard of...just give me the basic recipe and I’ll improvise and work my magic. It all begins with quality butter or the right oil...

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I prefer a hot griddle, smoker, or charcoal grill....but I get things done without... even slow cookers, if it comes to that.
Yeah...particularly charcoal...that really brings about flavour. I’ve never tried smokers as it’s an American thing, I’ve just never tried it. My wife bought me a kit for my kettle barbie a week or so ago coincidentally, I just don’t know what meat to start out with. Maybe ribs?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I prefer a hot griddle, smoker, or charcoal grill....but I get things done without... even slow cookers, if it comes to that.
Yeah...particularly charcoal...that really brings about flavour. I’ve never tried smokers as it’s an American thing, I’ve just never tried it. My wife bought me a kit for my kettle barbie a week or so ago coincidentally, I just don’t know what meat to start out with. Maybe ribs?

Trout or salmon after you marinate it with a super secret recipe which somebody publishes online...

Tender flesh that smokes quick...

So many varieties of marinade... Cola, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper, vinegar, god knows what.... everybody has their secret faves.

I'd go fish to start.... to get a feel for your set-up.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Trout or salmon after you marinate it with a super secret recipe which somebody publishes online...

Tender flesh that smokes quick...

So many varieties of marinade... Cola, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper, vinegar, god knows what.... everybody has their secret faves.

I'd go fish to start.... to get a feel for your set-up.
Noice! I can fish from my backyard...flathead, bream, jewfish and mullet. Worcestershire sauce is my favourite! But I think I will grab a salmon as it’s Xmas and all! :rightON:

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
We should all share corporate recipes for our favorite restaurants in this thread

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I’ll give a nice little family secret on marinade for chicken on the bbq. One must place the chicken pieces for no less than an hour, but three hours is preferable. Use the whole bottle: Italian Salad Dressing.

images

The flavours hug the chicken like no other! :rightON:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I use this for most my outdoor roasting or smoking.

Have all the accessories but have never bothered to use them...

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
When I was homeless at 18 (by choice), I had to cook. It started out basic and ordinary, and after a year of ordinary I though “fuck that shit” and started being all gourmet. A sprinkle of this and a pinch that...and now I can say that I can serve up any dish fit for a king. Even dishes that I’ve never heard of...just give me the basic recipe and I’ll improvise and work my magic. It all begins with quality butter or the right oil...

Same here.

I grew up poor and my grandma(she raised me) could not cook for shit. When I hit my stoner stage is when I got interested in food.

I mostly do all the cooking here, but my daughters also got really interested in it so they love to cook and bake as well.

My middle daughter is very into it. She actually plans to go into culinary and has her whole future as a chef mapped out lol.

We are always choosing some new thing to cook a few times a month. Right now the girls are on a Japanese kick and made a ton of Onigiri.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
A4-F577-CD-A2-A9-4-EA0-9953-4-D12768-E815-C.jpg

I love Mexico. Sad it’s so fucking dangerous. One of my favs^^^^

I've never been. I had a few opportunities but never went.

I've never really wanted to either. I just think of the danger of it or the spring break shit.....neither of which is appealing to me.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I use to LOVE to cook and bake, but I hate doing dishes, and its just me now, so I dont do elaborate meals much anymore sadly.

I think the first thing I ever made, was poached eggs, toast and a pot of coffee for my mom when I was 6 years old. I just remember wanting to do something special for her that morning, and brought it to her and woke her up. She didnt believe I did it at first and was confused lol, asking who helped me and went into the kitchen haha.

NO! Before that, when I was 4 years old, I made a "Rudolph". I was sitting at the small table in the kitchen, and my Great Grandma I lived with always kept certain things on it. Like raisins, Red Hots at Christmas, and I came up with this dessert/snack. I took a piece of bread, spread PB on it, then cut it in half diagonally. I put 2 raisins as eyes, and a Red Hot as its nose, then I took 2 pretzel sticks and put it in the top like antlers lol. In 4th grade, my teacher wanted me to make a dessert recipe, and I did, and he said it wasnt a dessert and balled it up and said to do another one. I knew better, this guy was full of shit, so I did the exact same one again lol. Well, that pissed him off lol, and told me if I didnt do something different he was sending me to the office. Fuck him, I was ready to do another, but the cute lil girl sitting across from me that I had a crush on begged me to do something different lol. So I did one for coconut cake lol.

By Middle School, my mom made me take Home Economics classes. Told me "never know, one day you might be single". It really was a good class, took it a few times, learned how to sew and stuff too. Made everything from tacos to bonbons, then make a pillow and a handbag lol.

I WISH there was culinary art schools back then, there wasnt any in my area. I can make most anything with a recipe though, and modify sometimes to make it better. If you were to ask any of my friends and family, they would tell you Im the best cook they know. The 2 things most my life I've been told to do was either open a diner, or become a comedian lol.

Feel like Im talking too much lol, damn coffee lol.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A4-F577-CD-A2-A9-4-EA0-9953-4-D12768-E815-C.jpg

I love Mexico. Sad it’s so fuckinged dangerous. One of my favs^^^^

I've never been. I had a few opportunities but never went.

I've never really wanted to either. I just think of the danger of it or the spring break shit.....neither of which is appealing to me.

I was in San Miguel de Allende about a year ago, visiting my friend Cynthia. I’ve visited Mexico about 20 times. We went up to Guanajuato for the day. Lots of history, cool colonial cities. Great food and restaurants. Lots of N. Americans, which surprised me. Thing I didn’t like were roving military trucks armed with machine guns. Armed guards on every corner. No doubt they are there for a reason. I didn’t find the Mexicans all that friendly, unlike Ticos, who really appreciate a connection, even if it is just passing. I still like Mexico. Lots of interesting things to see. Hope you get To go sometime

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am thinking about getting in on the sour dough bread craze. Sure, I am nine months late but better late than never, right?