will Canada see a flood of refugee applicants fleeing the United States if Roe vs Wade is overturned?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And since abortion is legal in Canada, would it be obligated to take them in?

Situations might arise where American women are prosecuted for having abortions in the US, so they flee North to escape American Justice.

...anyways, just a thought.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Situations might arise where American women are prosecuted for having abortions in the US, so they flee North to escape American Justice.

Well, before Roe v Wade, US American women went to Mexico to get abortions. I can certainly see them going to Canada now.

The first thing I thought when I saw that news was "I need to get my daughter to emigrate to Europe." I do not believe any women should have to live in a country where abortion is outlawed. It's barbaric. Unbelievably backward.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Well, before Roe v Wade, US American women went to Mexico to get abortions. I can certainly see them going to Canada now.

The first thing I thought when I saw that news was "I need to get my daughter to emigrate to Europe." I do not believe any women should have to live in a country where abortion is outlawed. It's barbaric. Unbelievably backward.

Abortion is a barbaric. Unbelievably backwards.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Btw overturning Roe doesnt make abortion illegal. It gives it back to the states.

Smh.