Will Guns & Gun Control become a major issue in the upcoming US Congressional & Presidential Elections?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
.....ranking up there with abortion?

What say you folks since you appear to mostly be American citizens round here.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
We need the policies that foster peace and prosperity. Like this

"
CHICAGO (CBS) -- The
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
that killed 19 children and two adults at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas is putting the spotlight on gun violence in Chicago.

Chicago has the
of having the most mass shootings in the U.S. since 2018. But as CBS 2's Suzanne Le Mignot reported Thursday, the problem is often overlooked – and difficult to solve.

From September 2018 to May 24 of this year, data show Chicago has led the nation's cities - with 811 people killed and injured in mass shootings."

See this is the problem. This article says it took the TX massacre to direct attention to this. Last year 52 children UNDER 15 were shot in gun violence. This has been a problem for YEARS.

But democrats....and progressives....NEVER address it. Never respond to it. Have all this "emotion" (I dont buy, btw. I'm far from the only one who doesnt believe that anti 2A people actually care about gun violence) for shootings that can be used as a politcal weapon.

People who actually care about an issue will look at it.

4 black women die a day due to domestic and gang violence. I guess it's a good thing SHE cant arm and protect herself. That's all that gets accomplished when law abiding people lose rights in response to the actions of criminals who do not care about the law.

Let's have the violence in Chicago just spread through the entire country.

Defensive use of fire arms save millions of people a year. So you guys are out to make sure rape and murder are made easier for criminals instead of investing in real solutions to keep schools safe.

In Oxford? There were so many red flags. The boy had an actual fucking countdown on the internet. The staff was told several times. It was SO obvious that several students skipped school that day. Instead of blaming the people that just neglected to act on these warning signs.....you jump to BLAMING politcal opposition as if those of us who support our own rights directly did that.

This kid even had pictures of himself with a gun (that he wasnt legally old enough to have) on the internet. But yeah its families like MINE who are the problem.

This TX psychopath literally walked right into that school with a rifle. That should NOT have been easy. So instead of looking at THAT, maybe entertaining the possibility of tighter security, having cameras and some armed security......no let's take guns away from the millions who were able to protect themselves with defensive use of fire arms so we can just cause more deaths and ignore them like the mass shootings in Chicago.

Maybe the gun violence in Chicago isnt as upsetting because its poor people. Minorities. Is that it?

All you guys bring to the table here is taking rights away from just law abiding people. Criminals will still have guns. Still obtain guns. And you guys somehow think you are going to "save lives" by making sure no one can protect themselves or their families.

I personally know black single moms who can only afford to live in Detroit. A LOT of CNAs and LPNs are black single moms. And I know TWO who have a gun illegally. They do this because they cannot afford to meet the regulations and theyll go to jail anyway if they have to use it(because in Detroit, you cannot even let your gun be SEEN or its "brandishing" and they basically have to be either inside of you or seconds away from killing you before you can shoot) Absolutely none of these gun control policies have done fuck all to curb gun violence. However.....its made rape, murder and assault pretty fucking easy.

I wish you guys would just own the fact you dont really care and it's entirely about just hating Republicans and wanting the opposite of everything the other parties want just because. You guys are fine with all kinds of violence as long as democrats are running the place.....you have no complaints about anything. If this were about human lives, you would care about ALL gun violence AS WELL as lives saved.....and all the instances where defensive use of guns prevents a crime that never even gets reported.

Older article but a good one

My claim that even "brandishing" a gun as a law abiding legal gun owner will get you thrown in prison

^^^^Thanks to bullshit anti gun laws YOU guys want more of. Shes not the ONLY one. Only criminals in Detroit get a break. Just how democrats like it.

My claim that 4 black women die per day

****More posted for the sake of people reading. I do NOT expect my opposition here to actually look at anything or move past their hyper partisan emotional blackmail tactics to push their parties agenda in disarming ordinary, law abiding citizens*****

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Warning signs in TX shooting

Warning signs for Oxford shooting

But yeah its Republicans fault for not immediately calling for bullshit unconstitutional regulations and laws that demonstrably do not even work.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I doubt it will be a major issue. Dems are desperately trying to find an issue which they can use to over come the fact that no body likes them. The problem is the economy and fuel prices (both direct fuck ups by Dems) are going to dominate everything. Just like in 1992 "it's the economy stupid" is going to dominate.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
.....ranking up there with abortion?

What say you folks since you appear to mostly be American citizens round here.

I think it might be a topic, especially if these continue over the summer and into the fall. I'm afraid they just might.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Chicago always gets an increase in gun violence over the summer

So yeah they will continue. Mostly where strict gun control regulations exist.....so we wont hear about any of them from the corporate media.

It's just not tragic when its poor black people.....doesnt deserve all that focus, outrage and grief democrats fake when they have a politcal agenda.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

So yeah they will continue. Mostly where strict gun control regulations exist.....so we wont hear about any of them from the corporate media.

It's just not tragic when its poor black people.....doesnt deserve all that focus, outrage and grief democrats fake when they have a politcal agenda.

You have a lotta gun violence in America whether it's committed b Whites, Blacks or Other @Dove y.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

You have a lotta gun violence in America whether it's committed b Whites, Blacks or Other @Dove y.

Well according to stats and facts the vast majority of gun violence is gang related and suicides.

As we have all said......stay away from democrat ran inner cities.

Also.....if you believe America to be violent, why would you think disarming law abiding citizens....and women with children, would be a good decision?