Sashimi...with soy sauce.

images

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I never lived there but was there for three times for about a month each when I was in the Army.
I was stationed at Osan AB, 2 tours. Bout 40 miles S. of Seoul. I loved Kimchi.. but haven't found any here that compared to what I ate there. lol.. I've tried many, many brands and they all taste horrible.. :/

I love kimchi and all bonchon really. I literally have a jar into house at all times. I'll even put it on pizza.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I never lived there but was there for three times for about a month each when I was in the Army.
I was stationed at Osan AB, 2 tours. Bout 40 miles S. of Seoul. I loved Kimchi.. but haven't found any here that compared to what I ate there. lol.. I've tried many, many brands and they all taste horrible.. :/

I love kimchi and all bonchon really. I literally have a jar into house at all times. I'll even put it on pizza.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Not a favorite or anything but I just had a wrap made with left over gyro meat from yesterday, kimchi (crunchy with a bit of spice), and cheddar cheese. Roll the wrap up, microwave for a minute and a half to melt the cheese and it make a quick tasty lunch. Washed down with a glass of 2% milk and a no sugar added coconut water.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

What brand do you buy? I've tried some from Costco and our local grocery. It was nasty.. I haven't looked online for it..maybe I'd have better luck there.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I usually buy which ever is sale at the Asian market I am at at the time. This one says Cosmos brand though. It has a red plastic top. It seems to be common here in Southern California.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Arbroath Smokies which are basically smoked haddock... :Perfecto:
wPPMWEv.jpg

8y9IxQT.jpg

Smoked fish is always a winner. Around here it is mostly smoked tuna (though I do like smoked barracuda despite the hair bones) while up north they do a popping business in smoked salmon.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
wPPMWEv.jpg

8y9IxQT.jpg

Smoked fish is always a winner. Around here it is mostly smoked tuna (though I do like smoked barracuda despite the hair bones) while up north they do a popping business in smoked salmon.
Yeah I love smoked fish, we have a famous soup here called "Cullen Skink" which is smoked haddock chowder, delicious! Smoked salmon is pretty famous here too although I much prefer hot smoked than the raw cold smoked stuff...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
wPPMWEv.jpg

8y9IxQT.jpg

Oh man, I LOVED the smoked salmon when I was in Seattle. And the fried salmon lol.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Fried gets a bit greasy for me but smoked is something special. It is kind of ironic as I love fried cod.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Great thread!

Turkey legs, mashed potatoes and too much gravy.

We are defrosting a turkey now. We bought it frozen before Xmas for $0.59 per pound on sale and but had ham for Xmas. Thus the turkey is going to be our New Year's eve dinner. I usually just do an oven bag bird but cut open the bag for the last 30 minutes to get that crispy golden brown turkey skin. I also insist on mashed tatters (with butter, cream, and garlic) with to much gravy poured over everything.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Great thread!

We are defrosting a turkey now. We bought it frozen before Xmas for $0.59 per pound on sale and but had ham for Xmas. Thus the turkey is going to be our New Year's eve dinner. I usually just do an oven bag bird but cut open the bag for the last 30 minutes to get that crispy golden brown turkey skin. I also insist on mashed tatters (with butter, cream, and garlic) with to much gravy poured over everything.

I tell ya, my dad told me to eat pork on new years (I had ham), and black eyed peas, said it brought good luck. Wanna know what happened when I did that... I found out my wife at the time was cheating, that day. One year later exact, she got brain cancer, died that year. Karma is mean, I was just gonna get a divorce lol. Hadnt ate pork on new years since. But this year is 2020, Im eating fried pork chops, Im going all in lol.

My turkey turned out perfect this past weekend. I baked it til it got the golden brown skin, then loosely covered it with foil. Came out juicy and perfect.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
Great thread!

I tell ya, my dad told me to eat pork on new years (I had ham), and black eyed peas, said it brought good luck. Wanna know what happened when I did that... I found out my wife at the time was cheating, that day. One year later exact, she got brain cancer, died that year. Karma is mean, I was just gonna get a divorce lol. Hadnt ate pork on new years since. But this year is 2020, Im eating fried pork chops, Im going all in lol.

My turkey turned out perfect this past weekend. I baked it til it got the golden brown skin, then loosely covered it with foil. Came out juicy and perfect.
Have a McRib sandwich. Not bad.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Great thread!

I havent had one in years upon years lol. I remember them being good though. I've had a ban on McD's for a long time lol. In the rare event I go there, I get the fries. Last time, I was disappointed, and reinstated the ban lol.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
Great thread!

I havent had one in years upon years lol. I remember them being good though. I've had a ban on McD's for a long time lol. In the rare event I go there, I get the fries. Last time, I was disappointed, and reinstated the ban lol.
Its good. They dressed it up a lot.
I used to eat those ribblets in the Army.
Brings back memories.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Great thread!

Its good. They dressed it up a lot.
I used to eat those ribblets in the Army.
Brings back memories.

Yeah! It always reminded me of the Rib-a-Q or whatever the fuck it was called in school lol.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Great thread!

I have had two since they brought them back on Dec. 2nd. The 10 year old always asks to go to McD's because he likes the McRib and the French fries though his mom and I keep a strict limit on it. Honestly, the Mcrib is so bad it becomes good. It is like the hyper processed foods of the 1970's, you know it is bad for you, yet it is so salty sweet and artificial it becomes good. Like a bad TV dinner from your childhood.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I just scored a kilo of fresh Big eye Tuna. Any suggestions?

Marinda it and sear it in a cast iron pan or just slap it on the BBQ. Sides as you wish but be careful not to over cook it.

Dr Bill Jiden

Dr. Bill Jiden, Actual President elect of the US
Great thread!

I have had two since they brought them back on Dec. 2nd. The 10 year old always asks to go to McD's because he likes the McRib and the French fries though his mom and I keep a strict limit on it. Honestly, the Mcrib is so bad it becomes good. It is like the hyper processed foods of the 1970's, you know it is bad for you, yet it is so salty sweet and artificial it becomes good. Like a bad TV dinner from your childhood.

I tried a Mc Rib the last time they came around to see what the hype was about. It was nasty.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
Great thread!

I tried a Mc Rib the last time they came around to see what the hype was about. It was nasty.
It has a better bun and some sweet pickles. I've had worse. The McLean for one. I figure they'll keep it around until about Lent when they start plugging the McFish.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
McD's mainly brings the Mcrib back whenever pork prices get low. The trade war with China has meant a lot of cheap pork on the market which used to get shipped to China and I am ok with that.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
McD's mainly brings the Mcrib back whenever pork prices get low. The trade war with China has meant a lot of cheap pork on the market which used to get shipped to China and I am ok with that.
I can't bring myself to even try a McRib.. It doesn't look appetizing to me ...:SickFace: