Your favorite food?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Mine has to be Eggs Benedict it is traditionally ham on half an English muffin covered in a poached egg with hollandaise sauce and fresh herbs. That said, older recipes included fresh oyster or even cheese but that is no longer standard. Several chef's books have said not to order it as the hollandaise sauce is difficult to make so restaurants often make one batch for whole week and just keep reheating it instead of making it fresh. Because of this I only order it at restaurants with high volume so they go through sauce quickly and have a need to make more regularly.

Still, it is an amazing dish which dates back to the 19th century. What is everyone else's favorite dish or food?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hmm, a surf and turf is something special. I always thought of it as a steak with lobster tail but the cream sauce filled with scallops and prawns gets my taste buds drooling.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm going through a pate kick atm... the black pepper infused pate. I think my iron levels need boosting.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Ocean fresh, Dungeness Crab, best served with rustic sourdough bread and a cold beer.

51U4j6ebVHL.jpg

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Surf and Turf... big fat steak smothered in creamy scallops and prawns

This use to be my favorite, my dad's too, grilled steak and grilled shrimp. I love scallops too, anything seafood. But my current favorite..... tacos. Now, with that said, my favorite taco is the scallop taco lol, followed by shrimp taco, then the usual ground beef taco.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The ground beef taco is a tex-mex creation which is not found in Mexico. Fish tacos are great, any mariscos are good really, and baja style fish tacos and seafood tacos are pretty much the regional specialty here in San Diego. Since the 1970's everyone has pretty much adopted it as the local regional specialty.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ocean fresh, Dungeness Crab, best served with rustic sourdough bread and a cold beer.

51U4j6ebVHL.jpg

Any type of crab is pretty good in my book. Of course, any where from San Luos Obispo north the crab everyone goes for is Dungeness as they're big and meaty. Down here it is spider crab, rock crab (usually red rock crab but sometimes yellow rock crab) or lobster is what we have to make due with for fresh local shellfish.

They do make some wonderful steamed crab with chowder in a bread bowl up north though.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I've really been enjoying Korean fried chicken as they have some many spice and flavor combinations.

My local go to though it is a pretty long drive frommy house.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Dr Bill Jiden

Dr. Bill Jiden, Actual President elect of the US
The ground beef taco is a tex-mex creation which is not found in Mexico. Fish tacos are great, any mariscos are good really, and baja style fish tacos and seafood tacos are pretty much the regional specialty here in San Diego. Since the 1970's everyone has pretty much adopted it as the local regional specialty.

Ground beef tacos are the dregs of the taco world. Fish tacos are excellent. There are literally dozes of taco styles to enjoy in Mexican food for sure.

I love a traditional Eggs Benedict as well. The first bite into the poached egg after it spilled onto the the ham and muffin all smothered in Hollandaise is about as good as it gets. Though I also enjoy the California style EB, with roasted tomato, bacon and avocado.

I can't say I have a favorite. I have a few favorites among the different cuisines that I've had in my life. Italian food is up there, but then so are some French, Asian, and Latin American dishes as well. It's impossible to choose just one.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hot wings do hit the spot sometimes. They are practically mandatory when watching football; there is just something magical when you mix the spicy chicken with the cooling crunch of the celery they serve it with. Not to mention the different dipping sauces.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I hear they have Shrimp burgers at McDonald's in Korea and Japan. I don't remember seeing them when I was there but that was almost 20 years ago. Still they look good.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I hear they have Shrimp burgers at McDonald's in Korea and Japan. I don't remember seeing them when I was there but that was almost 20 years ago. Still they look good.

Where did you live in Korea?

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I never lived there but was there for three times for about a month each when I was in the Army.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I never lived there but was there for three times for about a month each when I was in the Army.
I was stationed at Osan AB, 2 tours. Bout 40 miles S. of Seoul. I loved Kimchi.. but haven't found any here that compared to what I ate there. lol.. I've tried many, many brands and they all taste horrible.. :/