Pics from your past life.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Never saw a guy look so serious while drinking and sporting a vajeen.

Great pic!
Lol…It was my birthday and I was trying not to spew…hence the yellow colander- just in case for the chunky bits!
:Excited6:

That's smart....

The chunky bits are the worst in a sink or shower drain....and you can't always make it to the dunny or know where it is in time...

You have Jedi Knight Strainer Brain blood in you...

...able to separate your force for the betterment of all mankind.

Not just some random Spewbacca...

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Damn. Too funny: I'm hunting for old pix on some dusty CDs and I came across a little montage of erstwhile Bastards (v. 1.0) who were at the Vortex. I have zero recollections of ever having had saved those photos. Hilarious!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
The aftermath…

N7RFDSJ
7wBc9BC.jpg

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
A
Anyways Blurt, here is your Mother in Her Illustrious Glory...

VIP-Playboy-Club-Magazine-1967-Expo-67-Montreal.jpg

...appeared on the Cover of an Iconic & Influential Magazine of its time.
and still influences contemporary culture today.

That's like being on the Cover of Vogue, Life or Time Magazine.
Influenced History & Made History....and without having to 'bare' anything.

Except, my mother's not on that cover, Joe.

Women, eh, Joe! You get to a certain age and they all start looking the same, right?

Oh. I thought from that family photo, the one on the right looked like her.

Just goes ta show How easily a person can impose their own biases on something

That they want to believe something is true...but it isn't.

Oh well.

Nah. His mother is much prettier than that one.

...and yet I wish that Woman was Blurt's Mother.

I wonder maybe Blurt's mistaken?

He should ask his mom again if that really is her or not.

I'd be rather proud if I or someone in my family was part of history like that
Expo 67 was a really big deal back then eh Dovey

100th anniversary of Canada.

But you weren't even born then. And your mom was a wee girl.

It was like the USA bicentennial in 1976. Big deal too.

Joe I'm sure he knows his own mother lol. His mothers face is prettier than hers.

LOL.

But that would make an interesting book.

Done well it could sell, eh Dovey?

Especially since Montreal is such a scenic arty town.

Not your typical North American City.

Don't know if you very been there.

Lotta people would like to have a glimpse or imagine what it was like to live during that historical period.

And Blurt has all that material to draw from.

Doesn't even have to be about the Club as much that period. Could see the foundation for a good short fiction novel or short movie.

Well Blurts right on this one, Joe. There has already been several books written on this topic.

I've had friends tell me I should write a book about that industry but... there has already been books written on everything from Playboy Club to that O'Farrell(?) Adult Theatre.

...or how about 'The Mean Streets of Detroit'?!

That would also make a good book.

All these books and movies are always about America's glamor spots but never about the roughER patches like Detroit

Like your commentary on the decline Detroit us really interesting. And how your grandma lived thru saw it and told you how it unravelled. That would make a good book seen thru her eyes, even could be a great setting for a thriller or short fiction story.

See? All these great ideas for you n Blurt.

No one can say I don't mind my own business. ;-)

Everyone already knows Detroit is satan's toilet, Joe. Even in other countries they know.

And Eminem kinda already did that lol

But nobody's made a movie set in Detroit have they?

And there's actually a lot of famous celebrities who were from Detroit.

But once they go Hollywood, they never seem to talk about their roots again.

Detroit is a place they never wanna talk about, as they'd rather make shows called LA Law, or Miami CSi or New York CSI.

I don't think there's even many shows set in or about Chicago either.

I think the Bob Newhart show was supposed to be set in Chicago.

But that's all I can think of.

Yes actually 8 Mile was set in Detroit. A handful of movies were set in Detroit

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Tons of rock stars and singers from here as well, Joe. And Detroit is in many songs.

Alice Cooper. Iggy Pop. Aretha Franklin. Smokey Robinson.

Micheal Jackson recorded his first song on record here, Marvin Gay recorded "what's going on" in the same place. It's all down at the Motown museum.

Lots of history here. It's sad the city never recovered.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Madonna is from here as well.....but none of us really talk about it

And Kid Rock of course and Ted Nugent.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Tons of rock stars and singers from here as well, Joe. And Detroit is in many songs.

Alice Cooper. Iggy Pop. Aretha Franklin. Smokey Robinson.

Micheal Jackson recorded his first song on record here, Marvin Gay recorded "what's going on" in the same place. It's all down at the Motown museum.

Lots of history here. It's sad the city never recovered.

For a city that's in permanent decline, Detroit has sure won a lotta Stanley Cups!
And the further the City sinks, they more Cups they keep on winning.

Washington+Capitals+Laser+Cut+Steel+Logo+Spirit+Size-Primary+Logo.jpg

on the other hand, Vancouver is like a Desperate Grandparent waiting for its First Grandchild.
50 years in the League, '0' Cups won.

Detroit has won '11' Stanley Cups.

A somewhat rough team with a violent past, but it did the trick!

You don't win in Hockey by being a buncha choirboys.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I think this Guy Embodied the Spirit of Detroit as he helped them win the Stanley Cup

...anyways, I don't wanna clog this thread up too much with Hockey nostalgia so I'll quit as I realize its intended for personal pics.

Last edited:

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Got a codpiece holster, eh?

Ever starred in a film, Breaky?

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Aw'ight, @Joe !

I've scanned more pix of the maternal unit. How do you want to do this? Do you want me to just PM them to you? Unless folks here are interested in taking a peek, I can't really see the point in posting them in a thread about members' "past lives," given that me Ma isn't a member.

I think I'll sell them to you for the low, low price of $10/pic.

Damn but this reminds me of my early days of high school; my little brother used to sell photos of my mother to his classmates for two bits a pop (and I used to sell condoms from my father's secret stash in the garage for a dime a pack to the older kids in the park). We were entrepreneurs before we had pubic hair.

And, as it turns out, Joe, you were right; now that I'm plunging a little deeper in all this ancient Playboy family history, it turns out my mother not only was not the only Bunny with a black costume but it looks like she occasionally wore other colours as well. Learn something new every day, I guess.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Somebody used the Montreal Playboy Club as a backdrop/setting for a Novel.

The article says she was a Bunny at the Club, so she must have known your mother:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The task of choosing the Montreal branch’s all-important inaugural group of Playboy Bunny waitresses fell to Keith Hefner, Hugh’s younger brother. Assisted by a “Bunny Mother” from head office in Chicago, he interviewed and selected 57 women from among more than 2,000 applicants who had come from as far afield as Sweden and Italy. On July 15, at Aylmer St. and President Kennedy Ave., the club’s doors opened for the first time.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I have my mother's letter of acceptance. It's a kewl document.

I already read Anderson's book. It won't win the Giller but it's still an okay read. Maybe moreso for those who have some connection to the Club.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Aw'ight, @Joe !

I've scanned more pix of the maternal unit. How do you want to do this? Do you want me to just PM them to you? Unless folks here are interested in taking a peek, I can't really see the point in posting them in a thread about members' "past lives," given that me Ma isn't a member.

I think I'll sell them to you for the low, low price of $10/pic.

Damn but this reminds me of my early days of high school; my little brother used to sell photos of my mother to his classmates for two bits a pop (and I used to sell condoms from my father's secret stash in the garage for a dime a pack to the older kids in the park). We were entrepreneurs before we had pubic hair.

And, as it turns out, Joe, you were right; now that I'm plunging a little deeper in all this ancient Playboy family history, it turns out my mother not only was not the only Bunny with a black costume but it looks like she occasionally wore other colours as well. Learn something new every day, I guess.

Nah share them

Threads go where they go. Why fight it?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Do you guys know why Hef decided on bunnies as the mascot?

He had a whole super ick creepy statement about it.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Bunny-Line-up-1968.jpg

-------------------

Bunny-Pose-1967.jpg

--------------------

I include the following pic, even though it's not a very good one (taken from an old newspaper clipping) because it shows how me Ma is so very nonchalant about that tiny naked woman standing on my father's left shoulder. It was the Sixties, after all! The pic was taken at the Club (probably obviously).

Bunny-Hubby-1967.jpg

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Hmm... looking more closely at her letter of acceptance, I now see me Ma was just a handful of weeks shy of her 26th birthday when she was hired. I always thought she was 27. She was still 25. Not that old for a Bunny, I'm guessing. Or is it?