1,000,000 Post Thread

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Good Spanish, Rancy! I can still here a Portuguese accent, but it's all good.

LOL it's been so long since I spoke it for the last time when I think about it...

You have one up on me, I've never spoken Portuguese. The one time I had to communicate with a Portuguese monolingual speaker for work, I spoke Spanish to her and she spokes Portuguese to me and we got through it.

I was asked to help with this call with a Spanish speaker *rolled my eyes* dumbass thought the woman was speaking Spanish.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Beaner coffee farmer
Factory Bastard

LOL it's been so long since I spoke it for the last time when I think about it...

You have one up on me, I've never spoken Portuguese. The one time I had to communicate with a Portuguese monolingual speaker for work, I spoke Spanish to her and she spokes Portuguese to me and we got through it.

I was asked to help with this call with a Spanish speaker *rolled my eyes* dumbass thought the woman was speaking Spanish.

That happens a lot, many people are still under the impression that Brazil speaks Spanish. And if you're not at least a bit familiar with both languages, getting them mixed up is easy.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That happens a lot, many people are still the impression that Brazil speaks Spanish. And if you're not at least a bit familiar with both languages, getting them mixed up is easy.

They are pretty similar. I binged watched "Lies & Deceit" on Netflix the last couple of days. It's a Spanish movie, story takes place in Mallorca. I realized just how much Spanish I know. I am almost a native speaker really.

There were only a couple of words I didn't know.