1,000,000 Post Thread

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Do they tip habitually in Portugal, Lotus?

Yeah. I know I shouldn't, but they really, really appreciate it, and it's so ingrained from the US.

Oh, 'they.' No, Portuguese people usually only leave the change. Maybe a euro or less.
When I was in the US I dated a girl from PA, she would drive to NJ every Friday, she worked in a diner in Whitehouse Station.

On a weekend she would make something like 800 dollars. Her hourly wages were like, 2 dollars, but the owner would pass that savings to the price of food, so the diner would be always crowded on weekends.

She would spent the weekend at my house and go back to PA Sunday night.

I knew others in NJ who would work for tips only and they still would make more money than many working for $/hr

It 100% depends where you work. Places in small towns or suburbs, or just shit restaurants, etc, waiters don't earn good money at all.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Do they tip habitually in Portugal, Lotus?

Yeah. I know I shouldn't, but they really, really appreciate it, and it's so ingrained from the US.

Oh, 'they.' No, Portuguese people usually only leave the change. Maybe a euro or less.
Yeah, when I tip the delivery people here, they always look surprised.

If everyone gave 3 reals to every one of those guys, they would live much better.

Brazilians are stupid, they prefer paying more than 50% of they make in taxes and expect the government to share the money.

The result is the same, people who become discouraged from working and prefer staying home making 1/3 of what they'd make working.

I tipped an Uber Eats guy in Lisbon and he said it was the first tip he ever got.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
X ya swine. Hope you dont celebrate alone at Chrissy Christmas.you can come here and clean my horse stall.

I will be man
.. christmas alone sucks, its more than alone, its like alone alone

If you were closer my friend, I'd invite you here. Im gonna have so much food.

Then ride down to Succubus's place, eat again, and then YOU could "eat again" late that night hahahaha. Im sure she let you lol.