A BF am i the asshole post

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Okay so I posted about how I just had 10 cats fixed, given shots, flea meds, deworming meds and antibiotics for a minor respiratory infection.

And they are getting adopted out this week.

One of the people who is (was) adopting one of my kittens was asking me if I would take a check for the adoption fee (I'm charging people for a few reasons....because I dont want bad owners or abusers and I paid for their sterilization and shots....while I wont get any profit I'll get almost all the money back with adoption fees and I KNOW the cats are sterile and had rabies shots and such...it helps weed out possible neglectful people).

And I said no to the check...just cash or money orders. She was fine with that and then she started kinda chatting with me. And she went into how she is planning to take the kitten to Ohio to get DECLAWED.

I'm actually VERY against this. And I started explaining what declawing is, how it can traumatize cats and how it cuts their toes and can leave permanent and painful problems. It's actually banned in Michigan... no vets here do it. Because its fucking cruel and has no benefits.

And she was like "Oh I know all that..." and went on some bullshit about how she was going to do it anyway.

So......I told her "I'm sorry, but i dont think we can proceed"

And she got really rude and shitty. I was expecting her to start cussing. She got pretty confrontational and said if she pays me for the cat it should be none of my business what she does.

I just kinda calmly said "if someone was buying a gun from you and told you they were gonna kill someone would you still sell it" and she hung up on me.

Not that I'm doubting I did the right thing, but I'm kinda shook by how rude she got.

Now im worried about the others I have who have claimed my kittens. A lady who has done animal rescue and adoption for years has been my "mentor" of sorts through this cat adventure. She told me to make a contract that the cats wont be declawed or be allowed outside.

But anyone could sign that and go do the shit anyway.

Guess I just have to deal. :/

Should I warn the rescues in the groups I'm in about her? Or is that too much? Hahaha. She doesnt deserve a cat dammit!

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
All the kitties are gone. I let that one go to a neighbor.

Single mom with a 6 year old... my daughter baby sits for her. I didnt charge her the fee.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
so according 2 her as long as she pays a few bucks u should be cool with her using them as bait animals for dog fights

in a perfect world u could give the narracistic sociopath a bitch slap for even suggesting u wouldnt care

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
so according 2 her as long as she pays a few bucks u should be cool with her using them as bait animals for dog fights

in a perfect world u could give the narracistic sociopath a bitch slap for even suggesting u wouldnt care

RIGHT!!! Damn I wish I thought of that one at the time but the gun thing was my first thought lol.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It was a ridiculously intense convo. She actually got my adrenaline a bit spiked.

I was not expecting such a hostile turn.

Not gonna knowingly give a cat to someone who doesnt respect toe beans.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
i brought up the bait-animal cause my first dog was a rescue they were going 2 use as one. he was a 16 wk pup, ears already cropped with a scissor and docked tail, prolly no anesthesia when they did it

i would LOVE 2 show up at a packed dog fight with a flamethrower

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It was a ridiculously intense convo. She actually got my adrenaline a bit spiked.

I was not expecting such a hostile turn.

Not gonna knowingly give a cat to someone who doesnt respect toe beans.

u should send PETA all her info lol

i know what u mean tho, she sorta left u speechless but wish u said 'some things' in retrospect