A life in an apartment

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@Omipotent

The last time I lived in an apartment was when I was 22 years old. I lived in said apartment with a roommate until I graduated from University. I next lived in a townhouse with my husband.

We lived there for about 6 years until I had my firstborn, then we sold it and moved into a house. I have lived in individual family homes since. I don't know why you speculate where I live. I guess it's just to satisfy some raving drunken lunatic. Whatever floats your boat, madam.

Now, I live a suburban life, in a two-story 2500 sq ft home (about 260-270 sq meters). Not huge, but certainly comfortable for my family. I know your kind of people want to believe I live in some shithole, but I simply don't.

Oh, yeah, also never been shot at. I'm personable enough and have never made anyone want to shoot me. I hope you can also say the same.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
Could be. I think she's being tribal. Sticking by her man (as she claims to hate men)...wants women to be strong, sure.
I agree!

6x148u.jpg

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Now, I live a suburban life, in a two-story 2500 sq ft home (about 260-270 sq meters). Not huge, but certainly comfortable for my family. I know your kind of people want to believe I live in some shithole, but I simply don't.

Oh, yeah, also never been shot at. I'm personable enough and have never made anyone want to shoot me. I hope you can also say the same.
I suppose you must get used to the sound of police sirens and gunshots ringing out most nights.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
During the approximately six months between graduating high school and entering USAF basic training I lived in an apartment located in an area that was not exactly "safe".

Luckily I lived in the first building, closest to the main road.
Most of the gunshots were happening deeper into the complex.

It was... an experience. LoL

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
During the approximately six months between graduating high school and entering USAF basic training I lived in an apartment located in an area that was not exactly "safe".

Luckily I lived in the first building, closest to the main road.
Most of the gunshots were happening deeper into the complex.

It was... an experience. LoL

See that's scary, a stray bullet could kill you.

The worst neighborhood I lived in was when I was a kid, 6th grade, so like 11-12 yrs old. It was predominantly the part of the city where most residents were African-American.

It was mostly a hum drum experience with a few memorable experiences. There was a bar on the corner next to the house we were in. There was about a six foot concrete block wall. That really was enough to keep it sort of a distant entity. Weird but true. Across the street from the bar was a neighborhood mini market. It was the one everyone in the neighborhood patronized. We only heard of petty crimes, break ins where televisions and stereo equipment was stolen. Once in a while there was talk of drugs. It was mostly from the elders in the black community bemoaning the drugs some of their kids got caught up in, especially those that had moved to the big cities, like Oakland, SF or LA.

My strongest memory was one day when we heard a loud crash. There had been a wreck at that intersection. Of course, being kids, myself and my two younger siblings went to look.

The cars had wrecked in the parking lot of the market. People were getting out of their cars. The patrons at the bar had stepped out to look too.

Suddenly, one of the men from the bar, ran across the street. He looked around, talked to the people there...and to my utter fascination, he threw himself on the ground next to the cars. Within a few minutes, the police showed up. He stayed where he was. Next an ambulance showed up. He remained.

I realized he was going to stay and pretend he was an accident victim. He was going to sue someone. (That now makes me lol - so bold, so outrageous, so colorful)

So, yeah even in this "bad neighborhood" the worst I ever saw was a man that was going to try to con an insurance company into a payout.

I look back on it now and it made me chuckle when I've shared the story. It's colorful rather than dangerous. But this was the early 1980's and gang warfare was largely in other communities with huge urban populations. This was a largish city in central and agricultural California.

Within a year we left, the schools weren't good in the black community (shocking I know). But in that 1 to 1 1/2 years that was the most local "color" I observed. And it never felt dangerous. I wonder how it is now...

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
How sweet it is that FaerieAnnie openly declares his homosexual obsession for me. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I read that he was from Liverpool. I could easily do some research online and I'd bet he hears police sirens and ambulances several times a day, just like most people in urban environments.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
I read that he was from Liverpool. I could easily do some research online and I'd bet he hears police sirens and ambulances several times a day, just like most people in urban environments.
They say, that after a while the gun shots and blood curdling screams sound like the ocean.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I spent 5 days in Liverpool. I really liked it and didn't hear any sirens.

The apartments in Santa Monica run around 1 to 3 million. The houses are more. You hear sirens there quite frequently.