A non-feud thread

OP
OP
Garraty_47

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I originally called the local SPCA to set up a visit from their feral trap team (they came out last year) but they were booked through May. That's when I rented the traps for a couple of weeks. I have at least two more (Spaz's sisters) I want to get taken care of before I return the traps but AoA only does feral intakes on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I don't think trapping again so soon will be as effective as letting them have a short break so I'll give it another go this coming Monday.

I think the fact that they're ferals is why there's no waiting list issue; it's *required* for the ferals to be brought inside a trap- it's probably a different system for pets or critters brought inside a regular pet carrier.

There's one stray gal who's been showing up occasionally and evading traps for multiple years... and one gal who's been hanging around pretty closely for at least a year or two even after being caught and spayed. The roaming toms also seem to make their rounds for years, though nowhere near as long as the life span of an indoor pet.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I originally called the local SPCA to set up a visit from their feral trap team (they came out last year) but they were booked through May. That's when I rented the traps for a couple of weeks. I have at least two more (Spaz's sisters) I want to get taken care of before I return the traps but AoA only does feral intakes on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I don't think trapping again so soon will be as effective as letting them have a short break so I'll give it another go this coming Monday.

I think the fact that they're ferals is why there's no waiting list issue; it's *required* for the ferals to be brought inside a trap- it's probably a different system for pets or critters brought inside a regular pet carrier.

There's one stray gal who's been showing up occasionally and evading traps for multiple years... and one gal who's been hanging around pretty closely for at least a year or two even after being caught and spayed. The roaming toms also seem to make their rounds for years, though nowhere near as long as the life span of an indoor pet.

Is it an "alter and release" program? That's what they do here when there is enough funding.

OP
OP
Garraty_47

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Is it an "alter and release" program? That's what they do here when there is enough funding.

Yes.
They call it TNR (Trap/Neuter/Return) even though the gals get spayed, not neutered. Don't look at me like that, I didn't come up with the acronym and agree it's a bit sexist. LoL

Since I'm doing it myself this time I think of it as CSR (Capture/Sterilize/Return).

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Where I was living? Out by Lansing MI. I called it the Burg... I trapped 4 ferals for TNR.

I was only after one....and that was Prudeys dad. He was a gorgeous....large...fluffy...beast. A tuxedo. I called him Meowreece.

He actually made me nervous. Unlike other ferals...he wouldn't run. He would growl. One morning, early morning he was out by my fire pit, I think he had prey and I called out to him to make him run off because I was about to come out with Squish.

I approached him a bit and he got up, raised his fur and let out a growl that made ME back way up.

He made it very clear that was HIS territory.

He was very smart and slick too. I respected him. But I did trap him and we got him nuetered....the vet said he must have been at least 8 years old.

He was responsible for A LOT of babies.

Let me tell you....releasing him was scary lol. He was MAD as fuck. And not nearly as afraid of me as I was of him lol.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Yes.
They call it TNR (Trap/Neuter/Return) even though the gals get spayed, not neutered. Don't look at me like that, I didn't come up with the acronym and agree it's a bit sexist. LoL

Since I'm doing it myself this time I think of it as CSR (Capture/Sterilize/Return).

A tip I learned was once you got them trapped....throw a blanket over the cage. Keep it there.

Don't make them look at you lol.

OP
OP
Garraty_47

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter

Almost forgot...

Trap rental = $20 each
Sterilization/Rabies vaccine/etc. = $44 each

That's a lot cheaper than what it would set you back to take a pet to a regular clinic but at least they're not on the hook for all of the costs which would definitely limit their resources.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Almost forgot...

Trap rental = $20 each
Sterilization/Rabies vaccine/etc. = $44 each

That's a lot cheaper than what it would set you back to take a pet to a regular clinic but at least they're not on the hook for all of the costs which would definitely limit their resources.

I was charged 80 for Meowreece.

Extra sedation was needed. I asked for more in a take home bag and they laughed like i was joking. Lol.

OP
OP
Garraty_47

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
A tip I learned was once you got them trapped....throw a blanket over the cage. Keep it there.

Don't make them look at you lol.

That's another requirement for bringing in a feral.
It helps keep them calm.

Those **mumbles** switched one of the blankets I brought in for some cheep sheet, though.

Lesson learned: don't take a cover you *really* need back.

LoL

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
That's another requirement for bringing in a feral.
It helps keep them calm.

Those **mumbles** switched one of the blankets I brought in for some cheep sheet, though.

Lesson learned: don't take a cover you *really* need back.

LoL

I think my guy is a cat whisperer. He has the patience to turn feral cats tame.

He will sit there and just speak gently to them, feed them...eventually they come up and sniff...game over. lol

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
I love this brand. I buy all his work clothes from them. He is in construction = commercial and high end residential.
They do make quality threads, a couple hoodies and a couple pairs of socks is all I have of theirs so far. I've been wearing the hoodies more often because they have a cell ph. pocket inside the pouch.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I have a picture of Meowreece somewhere. I caught him on my deck in the middle of the night eating some cat food I left out with a possum.

Fucking weirdest shit I saw all week. I had this big window you could see the whole front door area with and a porch light. I happened to glance out there ....about 1am...and there is Meowreece and a big fat possum munching down on a bowl of dry cat food like a couple of senoir WW2 vets sharing a scotch LoL.

I managed to snap a picture and I got Meowreece but the possum was hauling ass so he was just a blur.

It's not a clear pic but I'm looking for it lol.

OP
OP
Garraty_47

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I think my guy is a cat whisperer. He has the patience to turn feral cats tame.

He will sit there and just speak gently to them, feed them...eventually they come up and sniff...game over. lol

There's always at least one that wants pets and/or "helps" me put out food.
Currently I have two sweethearts:
Sam and Speckle (Speck is one of Spaz's sisters).

I wish I could bring another cat (or two, or three) inside but I'm at maximum occupancy already.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
There's always at least one that wants pets and/or "helps" me put out food.
Currently I have two sweethearts:
Sam and Speckle (Speck is one of Spaz's sisters).

I wish I could bring another cat (or two, or three) inside but I'm at maximum occupancy already.

My two cats are beasts. Loveable but beasts they are. When we close the door to our bedroom, they try to ram it open.

I'm like WTF the cops are outside my bedroom door with a ram to bust the door open?

It seems like they run and just ram their bodies into the door, together.

BadBrad

Ignore features are for bitches.
☠️
Why don't you post pictures of your daughter with the cat?

I'm making strawberry shortcake today but I only have smaller containers so it's more of a strawberry tallcake, with added bananas and I put some strawberry jelly in the mix too.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I love that name.

Did you choose it randomly or after the legendary Joaquin Murfieta?
Our first Himalayan Martine, died, and GF moved back. I found Joaquin on line. Bought him when I saw him. He a little strange. He doesn’t purr, and does his business outdoors.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Our first Himalayan Martine, died, and GF moved back. I found Joaquin on line. Bought him when I saw him. He a little strange. He doesn’t purr, and does his business outdoors.

Mr Meowgi doesn't meow either. He's huge. Tango meows...he's a brat, like most orange cats. He's my favorite. He's feisty, apparently like most orange cats.

It's my first time owning an orange.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
They do make quality threads, a couple hoodies and a couple pairs of socks is all I have of theirs so far. I've been wearing the hoodies more often because they have a cell ph. pocket inside the pouch.

I love the t-shirts and utility style cargo pants. They material is heavy duty and washes well. I’m actually surprised how well they stand up to all the shit he gets into a work.

He runs hot and doesn’t wear hoodies or I would have bought them… but I love that they have a cell phone pouch. I have yoga pants with this feature built in… but I always lose my phone when I wear them cause I forget it’s there… but it’s nice when I’m running errands and don’t have to carry a purse :GiggleBitch:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
My two cats are beasts. Loveable but beasts they are. When we close the door to our bedroom, they try to ram it open.

I'm like WTF the cops are outside my bedroom door with a ram to bust the door open?

It seems like they run and just ram their bodies into the door, together.

That’s like my baby Blu knocking on the backdoor like she is the police :LOL3: