All kidding aside, this Condo Collapse is a horrible tragedy.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Yeah, I saw a video clip of water leaking down into the underground garage and onto the pillars.

It will be interesting to see whether any negligence charges are brought, although I doubt it considering who the owners are.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Florida is great from what I hear. California, Oregon etc, not so much.

Florida is a s nice place to visit, but I don't think I'd wanna live there.

Plus like any place, you have to choose a good area.

Some places are kinda rough.

While Key West looked like Paradise, places like Fort Lauderdale & the poorer parts of Miami are shitholes.

And the Police have gave this good ole boys southern attitude.

You can get into trouble with them over a simple traffic violation.

Even a lily White person such as yourself.

Little wonder so many people hate the police in the States, epecially down there.

I lived in Ft Lauderdale. It wasnt a shit hole at all.....or a poorer area.

I lived in a cute 3rd floor condo in Pompano Beach.

The poorer areas are kinda woven through. Like you will have a subdivision with really nice homes and across the main road will be a few blocks of a FL "ghetto".

Its not like here in MI where there are inner cities.

Succubus

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter
All posturing by politicians aside, it's been well-known for decades that you can't load Florida soil with that kind of weight since there's no bedrock under it. And it's also been noted by some engineers and other interested parties that this building was in trouble, years ago.

I wonder how many other Florida buildings are in similar situation.

Must be a lot of them.

If they don't reinforce them all soon, there could be many more of these disasters coming.
according to an interview I heard on BBC this morning, this building has an identical twin one block over, same developer, same contractor, same plans same material, the residents are not comfortable.

I'd be outta there so fast, with a lawsuit filed soon after.

It will depend upon what the state laws say. In California builder liability is capped at 20 years and in some cases just 10 years. I don't know anything about the laws in Florida but it may be hard to prove liability 40 years later. Now, if someone bought after the subsidence issue was found in the 1990's but the seller didn't disclose that to the buyers that might be an issue.

Well, they're suing the condo association.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Yet millions can't sue the Covid jab manufacturers...
wut

Indemnity...
Seems a rather petulant response to an international "PAN-DEMIC"
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEADLY! :LOL3:
Are you tickle torturing yourself?
2 million supposed deaths compared to 10 million cancer deaths... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEADLY!

I got the vaccine a couple of days ago, Shampain.
Oddly, I feel worse than before I got it.
Actually, I respect the choices of those who decide not to vaccinate.
Vaccinations has its own downsides and carries its own set of risks.

I decided to take that risk thinking that the alternative oc catching COVID is worse than the discomfort of getting the vaccine.
Hope it works.

However, I notice while I don't feel sick, there are some lingering side effects from the vaccine.
And that was just after 1 dose.

So I hope they go away soon and aren't permanent fixutre
I really don't blame anybody who gets the vaccine, the amount of scare mongering that goes on it's up to the individual... I pretended to get mine on here but nobody took the bait, I thought about going but I'll wait and see how things go in the long run but most of my family are vaxxed... The thing that bothers me most is, well there's two things really, Firstly, there hasn't been the usual testing done on the safety of these shots compared to all others and secondly the companies that make them having been given legal protection so they cannot be sued if things go wrong... TWO MAJOR RED FLAGS FOR ME =(

My issue is it takes YEARS of trivial bullshit to make a vaccine....testing, etc. They completed this one in less than a year. Nope. Not me. I'm not cattle.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

What would Tyler Durden Do
Site Supporter ☠️
All posturing by politicians aside, it's been well-known for decades that you can't load Florida soil with that kind of weight since there's no bedrock under it. And it's also been noted by some engineers and other interested parties that this building was in trouble, years ago.

Must be a lot of them.

If they don't reinforce them all soon, there could be many more of these disasters coming.
according to an interview I heard on BBC this morning, this building has an identical twin one block over, same developer, same contractor, same plans same material, the residents are not comfortable.

It will depend upon what the state laws say. In California builder liability is capped at 20 years and in some cases just 10 years. I don't know anything about the laws in Florida but it may be hard to prove liability 40 years later. Now, if someone bought after the subsidence issue was found in the 1990's but the seller didn't disclose that to the buyers that might be an issue.

wut

Indemnity...
2 million supposed deaths compared to 10 million cancer deaths... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEADLY!

I decided to take that risk thinking that the alternative oc catching COVID is worse than the discomfort of getting the vaccine.
Hope it works.

However, I notice while I don't feel sick, there are some lingering side effects from the vaccine.

I really don't blame anybody who gets the vaccine, the amount of scare mongering that goes on it's up to the individual... I pretended to get mine on here but nobody took the bait, I thought about going but I'll wait and see how things go in the long run but most of my family are vaxxed... The thing that bothers me most is, well there's two things really, Firstly, there hasn't been the usual testing done on the safety of these shots compared to all others and secondly the companies that make them having been given legal protection so they cannot be sued if things go wrong... TWO MAJOR RED FLAGS FOR ME =(

My issue is it takes YEARS of trivial bullshit to make a vaccine....testing, etc. They completed this one in less than a year. Nope. Not me. I'm not cattle.
They've been exhaustively researching the Sars family of virus' for over 20 years, these families of vaccines they are now distributing are the fruits of decades of work....don't be a big silly listening to blow hard cable ratings hoors. listen to science.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Any public statements of surprise from the mayor or the governor or even the president, about this catastrophe are just gaslighting, or maybe worse, indications of dumbfuckery.

You realize you don't have to drive pilons down to bed rock, right? The geologist or civil engineer can legally declare that firm competitent ground has been reached based upon the hammer blow count it takes to drive the pilon 1 mm. All the civils I have worked with want to be extra cautious doing that though so even though the law requires say five consecutive counts exceeding the engineer's specification we would usually demand 10 consecutive counts just to be extra sure. None of our projects have failed in the last 20 years so I guess we have done well.

I'd imagine, not being an engineer myself, that "firm competent ground" might stop being available once you reach the water table. What can you tell us about the water table in south Florida, or the entire Gulf Coast for that matter?

I have never worked in Florida or the gulf coast so I can't speak to that. You can indeed get firm competent ground below the water table as the measurement is usually how hard it is to hammer a pilon a given distance deeper into ground. One area which might cause problems is that water fills void spaces between the sediments so if someone over pumps ground water that void space opens up. That could cause for.erly firm competent ground to no longer be so. Another issue could be salt water intrusion and its effects on pilons.

One of my first jobs out of college was on a job site in Long Beach, CA right on the waterfront next to the Queen Mary. It was counting hammer blow counts as they drove pilons into the sand so they could build a new waterfront shopping and dinning area over the shore line. Talk about boring as hell.

Are you talking about the Pike?

Long Beach has changed so much since the 90s. My prom was on the Queen Mary and my ex worked on terminal island for over 15 years.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Must be a lot of them.

wut

Indemnity...

Hope it works.

They've been exhaustively researching the Sars family of virus' for over 20 years, these families of vaccines they are now distributing are the fruits of decades of work....don't be a big silly listening to blow hard cable ratings hoors. listen to science.
Why be ignorant when in your hands lay the libraries of the world, full of useful facts and information (and Yes Stubby and Fairyanne, dick pics too)

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

Must be a lot of them.

wut

Indemnity...

Hope it works.

Why be ignorant when in your hands lay the libraries of the world, full of useful facts and information (and Yes Stubby and Fairyanne, dick pics too)

...it doesn't mean they work or are without their side effects.

I'd rather not glorify the achievements of Big Phara since they are raking in massive profits from this Pandemic.

Big pharma is just another Jewish money making racket.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
@Omnipotent ~ I’m curious… what causes sink holes? Can they be contributed to soil contamination? If they are, there could be a huge premises liability class action for failure to inspect the soil.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ok @Admin. , answer me this..... why should the entire population be vaccinated against a virus which only kills the old and vulnerable in society and has over a 99% survival rate?

The worst aspect about the way in which the Pandemic was handled is that the authorities cut off access to other treatments and even made them illegal. It was somewhat akin to how China recently banned the use of Bitcoin in that country.Just pretend alternatives don't exist. So i that regard, the vaccine rollout was a bit of a con job.

While the vaccines may end up being effective for the majority, they're not suitable for all people & in some cases resulted in permanent disability or even death.

Some people might benefit much more using Ivermectin or hydroxychloroquinine than getting a vaccine.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Ok @Admin. , answer me this..... why should the entire population be vaccinated against a virus which only kills the old and vulnerable in society and has over a 99% survival rate?

The worst aspect about the way in which the Pandemic was handled is that the authorities cut off access to other treatments and even made them illegal. It was somewhat akin to how China recently banned the use of Bitcoin in that country.Just pretend alternatives don't exist. So i that regard, the vaccine rollout was a bit of a con job.

While the vaccines may end up being effective for the majority, they're not suitable for all people & in some cases resulted in permanent disability or even death.

Some people might benefit much more using Ivermectin or hydroxychloroquinine than getting a vaccine.

Some democrat governors... including Bitchmer....did that here. She threatened doctors that if they used hydroxy they could lose their liscence.

Which was absolutely horrifying and authoritarian. Shes a politicain.....not a medical expert and these people have no businesses in the medical options and decisions of people. These things belong between doctors and patients.

And what's worse is their motives were purely political. So they have no issue intruding into the medical care of the people and limiting their options and doing serious harm all for a political game.

Its revolting and should never happen. Ever. I have no idea how ANYONE would be okay with.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@Omnipotent ~ I’m curious… what causes sink holes? Can they be contributed to soil contamination? If they are, there could be a huge premises liability class action for failure to inspect the soil.

I am not really sure what you mean by soil contamination but sink holes are generally formed in one of two ways. A drop in water tables which causes subsidence to the land above or chemical weather of below ground strata such as carbonate based rocks.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Must be a lot of them.

wut

Indemnity...

Hope it works.

I'd rather not glorify the achievements of Big Phara since they are raking in massive profits from this Pandemic.

They seemed to have cornered that market the way the Arabs have with Oil.

And China is cornering the global Real Estate Market.

So each of these groups has their own mafias and niches.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Must be a lot of them.

wut

Indemnity...

Hope it works.

They seemed to have cornered that market the way the Arabs have with Oil.

And China is cornering the global Real Estate Market.

So each of these groups has their own mafias and niches.
Just think, if the white men's had not gone forth and civilized the fuck out of large parts of the world, that could have been a disaster.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
....the concrete columns did not have enough structural support as it appears that the builders did not have enough steel to reinforce them:

Engineers studying the collapsed Florida tower said there seemed to be less steel reinforcement in certain areas than would have been expected from the 1979 design drawings.

By
and

July 3, 2021

Engineers who have visited or examined photos of the wreckage of the Champlain Towers South condominium complex have been struck by a possible flaw in its construction: Critical places near the base of the building appeared to use less steel reinforcement than called for in the project’s original design drawings.

columns_annotate_new-Artboard_1_copy_2.jpg

The observation is the first detail to emerge pointing to a potential problem in the quality of construction of the 13-story condo tower in Surfside, Fla., that collapsed last month, killing at least 24 and leaving up to 121 still unaccounted for.
Reached by phone, Allyn E. Kilsheimer, a forensic engineering expert hired by the town of Surfside to investigate the collapse, said the investigation was still in its early stages. But he confirmed there were signs that the amount of steel used to connect concrete slabs below a parking deck to the building’s vertical columns might be less than what the project’s initial plans specified.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I'd rather not glorify the achievements of Big Phamra since they are raking in massive profits from this Pandemic.

They're definitely not without side effects. But I think they also definitely work. ANd I really detest Big Pharma, and know that they are making billions off of this. But still...

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Still no word on the death toll? I get the impression that they're hoping to memory hole this incident as soon as possible.

They're still recovering bodies. They can't be absolutely certain how many people were in the building when it collapsed, so it's got to be a body count.

Right now, the toll is at 79.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
i heard they r rotating out the cadaver dogs cause they get depressed and dont wanna work anymore