Anyone else ever have to take care of a senior toddler?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm remembering why I used to move to a new state a year and eventually just did drugs.

The issue today? Shes had me make her 5 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches since 5am. Yes... she woke up me for this because she went and tried to make herself tea and FELL in kitchen. Shes fine...but probably just bruised her tail bone.

So she had a med change last week. Shes lost a lot of weight over the past few months and probably weighs 95 pounds. So we push ensure daily and shes grotesquely stubborn.

So now she wants to eat peanut jelly sandwiches. All day. I have a bunch of left overs from last night but she wants the sandwiches.

So after finishing a loaf of bread....I pull another out of the freezer. She asks me to make her two more sandwhiches. I explain.....you are gonna have to wait until the bread thaws.

5 minutes later shes announcing that's she going to buy an APITITE SUPPRESSANT......because "even when I want to eat I'm not ALLOWED". All that because the bread needed to thaw.

Now shes pulled her silk pillowcase out of the laundry....still dirty.....and is asking me what happened to them because she swears she hasnt seen them in months. I just took them to wash them a few days ago and didnt get them yet because I'm tearing up the laundry room. She has NO memory of this.

Shes gotta have tests done and shes fussing she wants the vaccine first but then when its time to go get it she backs out. And this has been three weeks now.

So I have to either force her to get the vaccine.. which I'm VERY uncomfortable doing. I really do not want to use my authority over her decisions to force the Covid shot.

Or I gotta force the tests without the vaccine. Which is likely what I'm gonna do.

I hate to say "force" but no amount of pretty language changes the fact that that's exactly what I'm doing. It feels fucked up. And I really dont want her mad at me.....which I know shouldnt matter because this is exactly why she surrendered her decision making to me.

It just feels gross. And..... shes driving me nuts.

This would be so much easier if it were someone else's mother.

I mean I've watched her waffle for three weeks unable to get it done so it's not like I'm not giving her all the opportunity to be as autonomous as possible. The real bitch is shes only 59.

All you chronic drinkers here or drinkers and pill poppers.... it's not worth it. You'll end up like my mother.

I'm not being dramatic when I say she drank herself into 2 strokes and it's looking like early dementia.

Last edited:

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Up until 2 years ago, I moved in with and was my Mom's ft care giver during her Alzheimers journey for almost 3 years(I had pro care givers coming in several hours a week, it can be exhausting)...take my advice, anti hallucinigen's are your friends (Seroquel worked for mom), anti anxiety meds too, they get very anxious a lot. I can tell you stories...

Before we got the right head meds in sync, there were some awful nights, me having to physically restrain Mom, who wanted to go to her other house right up the street!!!

ps, eta, My Mom was pretty much a teetotaller rarely ever had a drink, fwiw

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Up until 2 years ago, I moved in with and was my Mom's ft care giver during her alzheimers journey(I had pro care givers coming in several hours a week, it can be exhausting...take my advice, anti hallucinigen's are your friends (Seroquel worked for mom), anti anxiety meds too, they get very anxious a lot.

Before we got the right head meds in sync, there were some awful nights, me having to physically restrain Mom, who wanted to go to her other house right up the street!!!

Yep. I actually am a professional care giver. I've been a CNA/Tech/EMT for 6 years. Ive worked with advanced dementia of all sorts and worked LTAC. (Long term acute). I'm used to high acuity patients.

It's so much easier when it's someone ELSES mother :(

Shes already on Seroquil and because of her substance abuse history her doctor will not give her anything narcotic up until she enters hospice/comfort care.

If she declines in her mental state enough I can get her topical lorazepam.

Shes got heart meds, topomax and gabapentin and the seroquel (which has been a life saver).

Mine wont try to leave thank God but she WILL get online and start buying a ton of bullshit. I dont even know what to do about that or even if I should do anything about it. It is her money.....but I dont think she understands what shes doing.

It's been pretty intense the past few weeks. I'm very tired. I'm probably going to look into having someone come in.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Up until 2 years ago, I moved in with and was my Mom's ft care giver during her alzheimers journey(I had pro care givers coming in several hours a week, it can be exhausting...take my advice, anti hallucinigen's are your friends (Seroquel worked for mom), anti anxiety meds too, they get very anxious a lot.

Yep. I actually am a professional care giver. I've been a CNA/Tech/EMT for 6 years. Ive worked with advanced dementia of all sorts and worked LTAC. (Long term acute). I'm used to high acuity patients.

Shes already on Seroquil and because of her substance abuse history her doctor will not give her anything narcotic up until she enters hospice/comfort care.

Shes got heart meds, topomax and gabapentin and the seroquel (which has been a life saver).

It's been pretty intense the past few weeks. I'm very tired.
Lorazepam, that's the one that helped mom too...the right meds her last few months were so much calmer...and She quit having Bridge Parties at 4 in the morning etc..

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
She bought 5 pairs of the same shoes thinking they were just sending her the wrong ones.

She cant get into her email..... so I shit you not shes got 5 of the same pair of shoes that shes never gonna wear that I cant return because I cannot get into her email.

Then she bought curtain rods. We do not need curtain rods.....its shit like this which I'm kinda laughing at right now but fuck lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Lorazepam, that's the one that helped mom too...the right meds her last few months were so much calmer...and She quit having Bridge Parties at 4 in the morning etc..

Omg this woman gets into all her online shopping and her reddit rants all hours of the night.

I'm nervous every morning!

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
She told a total stranger that we have 26 cats.

I mean.....we have a lot of cats.....but we dont have fucking 26 of them lol. I dont know why I was mortified but I was and I dont normally give a rip shit what a stranger thinks.

But that was embarrassing as fuck LOL

26 cats. We have ten. Which is a lot. But it's not 26 lol

I call her a senior toddler because her and my 4 year old will argue like they are PEERS.

I've done my best to explain to my Squish why grandma is so different than Babba(her other grandma).

So one afternoon, my mother wakes up and Squish is standing over her and says "is the doctor gonna take your brain out" and its a really good thing my mother has a morbid sense of humor.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Omg this woman gets into all her online shopping and her reddit rants all hours of the night.

For a couple months mom was fixated on moving to one of her other houses(only 1) I had taken her keys unplugged the ignition wire, it had to have been over just one night, without me hearing her, she managed to almost pack her car full by wedging just random stuff from all over the house...through a window I'd left open about 4 inches, it took me quite a while to unpack everything, when i piled it all on the couch, she got angry denied it was hers etc and told me in no uncertain terms, get rid of it! oy very fun times

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

For a couple months mom was fixated on moving to one of her other houses(only 1) I had taken her keys unplugged the ignition wire, it had to have been over just one night, without me hearing her, she managed to almost pack her car full by wedging just random stuff from all over the house...through a window I'd left open about 4 inches, it took me quite a while to unpack everything, when i piled it all on the couch, she got angry denied it was hers etc and told me in no uncertain terms, get rid of it! oy very fun times

That must have been a nightmare. I'd never sleep if this one was trying to escape like that. Its terrifying thinking about them getting loose, getting in a car to drive or go off on foot.

Mine has actually moved to the couch. She has her meds, her waters, her FACE WASH and all that and her new toothbrush all squirreled by her on the coffee table.

That's hard for me because I'm actually a sort of neat freak and I cannot stand stuff cluttered up where it doesnt belong.

But i really swallow that.....because its worse for her if i stop her. So i just deal. I dont know why shes gotta keep it all on (and under) the coffee table but shes pretty adamant.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
But as a family member, when you're going through this for me and my Sibs, there is no road map, and as best they can the Dr.s and Nurses try to guide you, but they don't know what the next hallucination/fantasy is, or what memory she'll lose next or what physical ability, because they don't know that much more than us. I am glad I took care of my to my best, but i understand why so many elderly get shunted off to the home.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

That must have been a nightmare. I'd never sleep if this one was trying to escape like that. Its terrifying thinking about them getting loose, getting in a car to drive or go off on foot.

Mine has actually moved to the couch. She has her meds, her waters, her FACE WASH and all that and her new toothbrush all squirreled by her on the coffee table.

That's hard for me because I'm actually a sort of neat freak and I cannot stand stuff cluttered up where it doesnt belong.

But i really swallow that.....because its worse for her if i stop her. So i just deal. I dont know why shes gotta keep it all on (and under) the coffee table but shes pretty adamant.
One of the really weird thing about her packing her car is that it had to have taken her many many trips, during the day, she's an old lady and a little feeble on her feet, but still ambulatory, it's like she'd gain "superhuman" strength at times, probably when the meds weren't right.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
But as a family member, when you're going through this for me and my Sibs, there is no road map, and as best they can the Dr.s and Nurses try to guide you, but they don't know what the next hallucination/fantasy is, or what memory she'll lose next or what physical ability, because they don't know that much more than us. I am glad I took care of my to my best, but i understand why so many elderly get shunted off to the home.

Especailly the violent ones.

I've been bit, scratched, punched in the tit, and kicked working with the elderly.

When I was working as a tech in the hospital we had a patient who was released from prison and hit by a car the same week. He was a rapist who had been convicted twice.

He was AWFUL. We had to keep him restrained. He would make obscene gestures. He spit at us. He tried to shove a nurses face to his penis. I mean he was fucking terrible. We hated him. He is the one that punched me right in the TIT. Hard, too. I lost my eye sight for like 10 seconds.

But we had to honor his patient rights and take care of him. A lot of staff started refusing to take him.

I figured it was karma he was hit by a car and was gonna spend his life paralyzed, unable to speak with a shit tube up his ass.

My favorite was working in hospice with dementia.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

One of the really weird thing about her packing her car is that it had to have taken her many many trips, during the day, she's an old lady and a little feeble on her feet, but still ambulatory, it's like she'd gain "superhuman" strength at times, probably when the meds weren't right.

Oh they do. They can be very strong and impressively quick.

The mischief they can accomplish while you are just in the bathroom is pretty impressive....and horrifying.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I buy Lorazepam, Xanax and Tramadol from this lot almost every month... Benzos are supreme whenever you're feeling like shit or worried about anything, they should be prescribed to everyone going through any major illness or disease imo... I'll take an opiod with them if I'm feeling like getting buzzed...
ps0odah.png

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Oh they do. They can be very strong and impressively quick.

The mischief they can accomplish while you are just in the bathroom is pretty impressive....and horrifying.
OMG, When the Visiting RN and I decided it might be time for Hospice, it was like a flock of angels descended on the house literally once the screener rn stopped by ran me through the questions, and then she went and checked in with Mom, within a couple hours they had a Hospital Bed delivered 3 Nurses arrived on site and gave mom a nurses spa day...brought some heavier drugs, got her all set in the bed with a cath. etc. Mom's final 48 hours or so were very calm and peaceful, and still while awake some lucidity...

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Yeah all of that plus shitting in her bed and down the hall just about every night and then called the cops on me aand best part is that was my Mother In Law.
Your mother had put up with you and now it's your turn - - - - - - -

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah all of that plus shitting in her bed and down the hall just about every night and then called the cops on me aand best part is that was my Mother In Law.
I had a visit with the cops one night....nothing like a knock on your door at 2 in the morning by a heavy hand knocking on your Bedroom and a deep male voice saying, "I'm a cop I need your to step out here into the hallway" Mom had called them, when they showed up she immediately invited her luncheon guests in...they knew almost immediately what the story was.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I buy Lorazepam, Xanax and Tramadol from this lot almost every month... Benzos are supreme whenever you're feeling like shit or worried about anything, they should be prescribed to everyone going through any major illness or disease imo... I'll take an opiod with them if I'm feeling like getting buzzed...
ps0odah.png
I don't think we can order any of that from Stateside.

Phester0boyle

Factory Bastard

Mine wont try to leave thank God but she WILL get online and start buying a ton of bullshit. I dont even know what to do about that or even if I should do anything about it. It is her money.....but I dont think she understands what shes doing.

It's been pretty intense the past few weeks. I'm very tired. I'm probably going to look into having someone come in.
Very sorry you're going through this. We had no choice but to put our mother in a nursing home for Alzheimer's.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

ps0odah.png
I don't think we can order any of that from Stateside.
We aren't allowed either :SmokeBreak3:
mClayj7.png

Phester0boyle

Factory Bastard

Super human strength.. One day I got called to the house and there's my 90 yr old , 100 lb mother holding the screen door over her head! After ripping it loose with her bare hands.
A said wats going on ma?
She said those 2 sonsabiches are trying to kill me!!
Your sister and DIL?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

ps0odah.png

Oh boy lol.

I actually get lorazepam because I have PTSD. But it's my very last resort.....because I'm an addict lol.

I'll only take opiates if I ansolutely have to. Which thankfully isnt often. I have kidney stone disease and issues my bladder(crystals.... it feels like hot glass shards in my crotch)

I'll manage my own pain with edibles and kratom but I'm even pretty careful with that.

That's what Poofer was telling people when he was accusing me of "fake heroin" LOL.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

My mother dumped me on my grandmother and was always in and out. I was always more the big sister in a relationship more sisterly than mother child. She was an alcoholic all my life up until 5 years ago.

Shes caused a lot of grief and pain. Sadly her drinking and prescription pill abuse caused 2 strokes and the state shes in today.

She says some fucked up shit on occasion like if I want to "get back at her" she wont be mad. Im pretty healed and I just dont think like that. She gets stuck in the past a lot. Shes always had a lot of issues. I can tell she has a lot of guilt she hasnt made peace with.

I pray a lot.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Oh boy, fuck getting old.

No shit.

I started taking really good care of myself just incase I live past 80 I dont wanna be shitting and pissing on myself and confused.

I even included brain excersize apps lol. Like puzzles and shit that are supposed to help your brain stay sharp lol.

It may be all futile considering the life I've lived but I'm doing what I can lol.

I never seriously considered getting old up until recently. I knew it would happen I just never thought about it. I dont even feel like I'm 40.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

ps0odah.png

Oh boy lol.

I actually get lorazepam because I have PTSD. But it's my very last resort.....because I'm an addict lol.

I'll only take opiates if I ansolutely have to. Which thankfully isnt often. I have kidney stone disease and issues my bladder(crystals.... it feels like hot glass shards in my crotch)

I'll manage my own pain with edibles and kratom but I'm even pretty careful with that.

That's what Poofer was telling people when he was accusing me of "fake heroin" LOL.
I just got 250 Xanax lol
These guys are excellent almost instant...
UF4dRdM.jpg

I timed them, 8 mins from payment to confirmation lol fingerprints in the pic

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'd be scared to order narcs online.

I guess I'm old fashioned and like my illegal narcs from shadey men named Tic Tac or Mobey at 7 bucks a pill lol.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I'd be scared to order narcs online.

I guess I'm old fashioned and like my illegal narcs from shadey men named Tic Tac or Mobey at 7 bucks a pill lol.
I nearly bought bitcoin this month and went full darknet...
The bitcoin fees put me off, check his clearnet site lol it's all the rage these days
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

ps0odah.png

Oh boy lol.

I just got 250 Xanax lol
These guys are excellent almost instant...
UF4dRdM.jpg

I timed them, 8 mins from payment to confirmation lol fingerprints in the pic

Are these all prescribed medications? What's wrong with you?