Anyone else ever have to take care of a senior toddler?

Succubus

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter
I'm remembering why I used to move to a new state a year and eventually just did drugs.

The issue today? Shes had me make her 5 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches since 5am. Yes... she woke up me for this because she went and tried to make herself tea and FELL in kitchen. Shes fine...but probably just bruised her tail bone.

So she had a med change last week. Shes lost a lot of weight over the past few months and probably weighs 95 pounds. So we push ensure daily and shes grotesquely stubborn.

So now she wants to eat peanut jelly sandwiches. All day. I have a bunch of left overs from last night but she wants the sandwiches.

So after finishing a loaf of bread....I pull another out of the freezer. She asks me to make her two more sandwhiches. I explain.....you are gonna have to wait until the bread thaws.

5 minutes later shes announcing that's she going to buy an APITITE SUPPRESSANT......because "even when I want to eat I'm not ALLOWED". All that because the bread needed to thaw.

Now shes pulled her silk pillowcase out of the laundry....still dirty.....and is asking me what happened to them because she swears she hasnt seen them in months. I just took them to wash them a few days ago and didnt get them yet because I'm tearing up the laundry room. She has NO memory of this.

Shes gotta have tests done and shes fussing she wants the vaccine first but then when its time to go get it she backs out. And this has been three weeks now.

So I have to either force her to get the vaccine.. which I'm VERY uncomfortable doing. I really do not want to use my authority over her decisions to force the Covid shot.

Or I gotta force the tests without the vaccine. Which is likely what I'm gonna do.

I hate to say "force" but no amount of pretty language changes the fact that that's exactly what I'm doing. It feels fucked up. And I really dont want her mad at me.....which I know shouldnt matter because this is exactly why she surrendered her decision making to me.

It just feels gross. And..... shes driving me nuts.

This would be so much easier if it were someone else's mother.

I mean I've watched her waffle for three weeks unable to get it done so it's not like I'm not giving her all the opportunity to be as autonomous as possible. The real bitch is shes only 59.

All you chronic drinkers here or drinkers and pill poppers.... it's not worth it. You'll end up like my mother.

I'm not being dramatic when I say she drank herself into 2 strokes and it's looking like early dementia.

I was gonna ask if she has dementia because it sure does sound like it.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Nebraska man charged in fatal shooting of wife of 57 years

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I bet Trump's Health Plan would have prevented this!

I hope my husband would step up to do this for me. JS.

But in all seriousness......how would a federal health plan have prevented this? Looks like he wasnt using any resources at all. Nebraska has state assistance.

He could have reached out.

Sad.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So I'm awake right now because my mother had woken up at like 3am or 230 and she was in the kitchen cussing and throwing a fit about "war torture" because she wanted coffee.

This woman will put effort into staying up....while complaining shes sleep deprived. She was up for days but it was peppered with naps. No nap longer than an hour. Shes literally doing it to herself.

So I wake up to all this crashing. I have a broken plate and cup. Shes throwing a fit because she wants coffee. So i send her to the living room and i make coffee and shes doing all the grumbling about how we need instant coffee.

So i give her her coffee. I sit down with my own and start reading.....I mean I'm up now. 8 minutes later, shes asking for more coffee. Said she drank it fast because it was "cold".

Normally I like to wake up around 5am, drink a glass of water and go for a jog and then have my coffee while meditating on scripture. Which has been a pretty critical part of my recovery.

THAT is a difficult thing to get these days because her sleep schedule is insane and it definately disrupts mine. I'm working around it but I'm definately talking to her doctor about it.

I mean shes sitting here right now blathering about not sleeping, while drinking her second cup of coffee. When I tell her she CAN lay back down, she responds with a list of reasons why there is no point.

She even blamed Ozbuns. (Our bunny). He stomped at a cat and he jerks around his water bottle.... and because we are up, so are all the animals lol.

Phester0boyle

Factory Bastard
So I'm awake right now because my mother had woken up at like 3am or 230 and she was in the kitchen cussing and throwing a fit about "war torture" because she wanted coffee.

This woman will put effort into staying up....while complaining shes sleep deprived. She was up for days but it was peppered with naps. No nap longer than an hour. Shes literally doing it to herself.

So I wake up to all this crashing. I have a broken plate and cup. Shes throwing a fit because she wants coffee. So i send her to the living room and i make coffee and shes doing all the grumbling about how we need instant coffee.

So i give her her coffee. I sit down with my own and start reading.....I mean I'm up now. 8 minutes later, shes asking for more coffee. Said she drank it fast because it was "cold".

Normally I like to wake up around 5am, drink a glass of water and go for a jog and then have my coffee while meditating on scripture. Which has been a pretty critical part of my recovery.

THAT is a difficult thing to get these days because her sleep schedule is insane and it definately disrupts mine. I'm working around it but I'm definately talking to her doctor about it.

I mean shes sitting here right now blathering about not sleeping, while drinking her second cup of coffee. When I tell her she CAN lay back down, she responds with a list of reasons why there is no point.

She even blamed Ozbuns. (Our bunny). He stomped at a cat and he jerks around his water bottle.... and because we are up, so are all the animals lol.
Dayum. You need help before your mind starts slipping. Uninterrupted sleep is crucial to mental wellbeing.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Dayum. You need help before your mind starts slipping. Uninterrupted sleep is crucial to mental wellbeing.

Right?

Shes sitting here blathering a soliloquy about how abusive my grandmother was (she wasnt) and how she should have killed her ex husband because she would have had a better life in prison.

I mean.....she ain't wrong lmao.

I still kind feel like helping her get some sleep with a cast iron pan.

I did NOT type that. But really.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Right?

Shes sitting here blathering a soliloquy about how abusive my grandmother was (she wasnt) and how she should have killed her ex husband because she would have had a better life in prison.

Who we talking about? Is it worth mentioning?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Right?

My mother lol

Shes started on the milk. Shes gonna drink a whole gallon of milk today and whine when it's gone.

Dude this woman takes OTC meds like they are tic tacs. She has a raging benadryl addiction.

Twice a month I'm buying benadryl, mucinex, nyquil and prilosec. This cannot be healthy but the doctor said it's fine.

I have a very dark sense of humor though and if I didnt this would be too much lol.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I wish I could restrain her somehow at night so that I can sleep without jumping up in a panick to shit crashing all over the kitchen and cats ripping through the house.

This morning when she knocked a bunch of stuff off the counter it caused a loud crash and sent 5 cats flying across the house right fucking over me and I have a huge scratch on my arm. Like they landed on me and used my body to throw themselves forward so I got scratched pretty bad.

Lol shits crazy.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Right?

My mother lol

Shes started on the milk. Shes gonna drink a whole gallon of milk today and whine when it's gone.

Dude this woman takes OTC meds like they are tic tacs. She has a raging benadryl addiction.

Twice a month I'm buying benadryl, mucinex, nyquil and prilosec. This cannot be healthy but the doctor said it's fine.

I have a very dark sense of humor though and if I didnt this would be too much lol.
Too much milk gives your sinuses a clogging. Milk drinking 101...tell her to drink a tea.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Right?

My mother lol

Too much milk his your sinuses a clogging. Milk drinking 101...tell her to drink a tea.

She wont listen

That's part of what makes this crazy making. She will come out with some of the most ridiculous reasons and excuses to do what she wants.

I can try to encourage her on stuff like this but if she still wants it she will get really shitty really quick and since I call the shots on all the big things.....like her medical care and her finances... I like to pick my battles on the little shit.

She is DIFFICULT. And getting progressively MORE difficult.

I've been thinking about getting a home health CNA in here......if only so I can get out on occasion and get a break. My 4 year old is easier than her.

The only reason I havent yet is because I'm telling myself it's not "bad enough". And I'm a CNA. So it feels ....I dont know. I know it's stupid and I need some help.

Im calling monday to set this up.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Right?

My mother lol

Too much milk his your sinuses a clogging. Milk drinking 101...tell her to drink a tea.

She wont listen

That's part of what makes this crazy making. She will come out with some of the most ridiculous reasons and excuses to do what she wants.

I can try to encourage her on stuff like this but if she still wants it she will get really shitty really quick and since I call the shots on all the big things.....like her medical care and her finances... I like to pick my battles on the little shit.

I've been thinking about getting a home health CNA in here......if only so I can get out on occasion and get a break. My 4 year old is easier than her.

The only reason I havent yet is because I'm telling myself it's not "bad enough". And I'm a CNA. So it feels ....I dont know. I know it's stupid and I need some help.

Good. Health insurance is important. Tell her to stop whinging or you’ll put her in aged care!

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Right?

My mother lol

She wont listen

Good. Health insurance is important. Tell her to stop whinging or you’ll put her in aged care!

Shes only 59.

And I found out she has no life insurance at all so now I'm looking for a way to get her insurance.

She thinks if she croaks they will just cremate her and sweep her up and toss her lol

Shes really never had to take care of herself. So even if she was competent.....she still wouldnt be competent. Shes always had some serious mental health issues.

She will still compulsively take meds. She just cannot cope at all. So I have to administer her meds so she doesnt go ham on her heart pills. She wouldnt do it to commit suicide, she would do it because shes a jack ass.

I'll use kratom for my kidney stone issues.....to stay away from narcotic meds. I'll have a bottle of like, 500 capsules that will last me a very long time. She found it, got into it, took 50 capsules at once....puked, and took 20 more. I was FURIOUS.

Now I lock them in my fire proof safe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
How old are you Dove? Your mother is only ten years older than me ffs!

I'll be 41 in August.

She had me when she was 17(a few months from turning 18). I'm her only child. Same with dad.

They were never married. He passed away 5 years ago as of last month.

June is kinda rough for me. My dad's birthday, his death anniversary AND fathers day....all in the same month.

But I have no siblings. I have a very close male friend I've had since i was 14 I call my brother. He may as well. And his mother is alone and sick and he takes care of her and manages all her business.

So we vent to eachother a lot. But when it comes to my mom I'm the only one.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

I'll be 41 in August.

She had me when she was 17(a few months from turning 18). I'm her only child. Same with dad.

June is kinda rough for me. My dad's birthday, his death anniversary AND fathers day....all in the same month.

But I have no siblings. I have a very close male friend I've had since i was 14 I call my brother. He may as well. And his mother is alone and sick and he takes care of her and manages all her business.

Yeah June is my mother’s death month too. She had me at 18. She was a hippie.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I'll be 41 in August.

My first concert was the Grateful Dead. I was very young lol.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

I'll be 41 in August.

Yeah...she got me on to Rodriguez. And I got to serve him red wine at a dinner concert in 2011. Very privileged. My mother gave me her 1971 album at 6 years of age and I listen to the album always...

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

I'll be 41 in August.

Yeah...she got me on to Rodriguez. And I got to serve him red wine at a dinner concert in 2011. Very privileged. My mother gave me her 1971 album at 6 years of age and I listen to the album always...
I was sitting at a table not a waiter to clarify. He was about 5 metres away.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Never drank or smoked and died of cancer! Hey? WTF!

That happens!

I have a friend who was never a smoker and always lived a healthy lifestyle. But she ended up having to fight an aggressive battle against advanced breast cancer at 27. She had a double mastectomy. The chemo destroyed her fertility.

She survived. But because it left her unable to have children, her husband left her. I genuinely hope he got hit by a bus.

She got cancer from taking hormonal birth control while in middle school.....not because she was having sex but to treat her severe period pain. She would cramp up so badly she would ball up in pain.

We all had a "funeral" for her boobs. It really helped her to make it as funny as possible.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Never drank or smoked and died of cancer! Hey? WTF!

That happens!

I have a friend who was never a smoker and always lived a healthy lifestyle. But she ended up having to fight an aggressive battle against advanced breast cancer at 27. She had a double mastectomy. The chemo destroyed her fertility.

She survived. But because it left her unable to have children, her husband left her. I genuinely hope he got hit by a bus.

She got cancer from taking hormonal birth control while in middle school.....not because she was having sex but to treat her severe period pain. She would cramp up so badly she would ball up in pain.

We all had a "funeral" for her boobs. It really helped her to make it as funny as possible.
My mother’s cancer started from being grabbed on the tit by a drunk alcoholic cousin of hers. The tumour started there. Ironically I had a tumour cut out of my left tit too from this dickhead at school for sitting too far on the bus. Senior prick.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
And my mother has passed back out.

She just zonked while sitting on the couch with her phone in her hand watching a YouTube channel of a woman who does her make up while telling true crime stories lol.

I'm afraid to go turn it off.....I do not want to wake her.

I cant go back to bed because Squish is up laying on my lap watching her videos. *sigh*