Black Santas debut at Disney Parks

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Oh, PS: Mediterannean, olive complected people with dark hair and brown eyes are white too. All whiteys aren't Nordic types, or even Alpine types. LoLz
Well, you could also think of it in a different way.

That he was a hybrid of Black and White.
Other words, mixed race.

So in that regard, people of all races can claim him as their own.

However, I don't think Saint Nicholas was some Nordic White guy or bore any resemblance to the figure known as Santa Claus. And he wasn't jolly or fat, as thinness in the ancient times meant sacrifice and suffering, which was a desirable trait in early Christianity. Fatness on the other hand denoted decadence and sloth. Kris Kringle he was not.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Well, you could also think of it in a different way.
I could, but I'm not going to because I prefer to deal with facts.
...anyway - I don't celebrate Christmas. I really don't care one way or the other.
It's interesting to see how involved other people get over nonsense like this though.

...but anyway, as you said - whitey made it all up, so it's purely the invention of white culture.
Why must black people culturally appropriate white Santa? Isn't Kwanza enough?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I could, but I'm not going to because I prefer to deal with facts.
...anyway - I don't celebrate Christmas. I really don't care one way or the other.
It's interesting to see how involved other people get over nonsense like this though.

...but anyway, as you said - whitey made it all up, so it's purely the invention of white culture.
Why must black people culturally appropriate white Santa? Isn't Kwanza enough?

...except that the real Santa wasn't Lily White.

He may have been a shade of White, but I don't think he wasn't entirely so.

And Western Europeans took an icon from Asia and made him into their own.

Interestingly, Muslims from Turkey (mostly brown swarthy people) still revere St Nick, but they call him something else. But he's one and the same as 'our Santa Claus'.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I agree if Megyn Kelly says the dude is White, then by god he is White!

There it is, Santa is White!

PWN3T

I'm not outraged about a fictional Coca-Cola marketing campaign character being black, purple, green, white...

This Coca-Cola Santa is not St. Nicklaus.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I guess you toss some fake snow around your SoCal tree?
Yes -it is pagan - Nordic pagan s I said.. LoLz

I’ve never liked a flocked Christmas tree. I’ll take mine naturally nekkie.

Now a fake hot pink Christmas tree with all white ornaments get my juices flowing… maybe one day I’ll get bold and buy one.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Now a fake hot pink Christmas tree with all white ornaments get my juices flowing… maybe one day I’ll get bold and buy one.

I don't like flocked trees either. Even if you're in a place where it snows, it doesn't snow inside a warm house for goodness sakes. It doesn't make sense anywhere.

Last night my bff's house was FABULOUS like many gay men's homes are...the epitome of elegance. Almost made me feel like a dude. lol

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Joe, I've previously read all of that. Santa was not black. Is it nice for little black kids to have a black Santa(?) - I guess., but did white Santa skip over them on Christmas? If he did, black Santa will too. You know, it occurs to me that if a people could point to their accomplishments they wouldn't need to claim other people's achievements were actually theirs, and isn't it silly to go along with made up crap just to help people feel better about themselves? Cause then, you're treating them like children, and really only degrading them with that "generosity".

Oh, PS: Mediterannean, olive complected people with dark hair and brown eyes are white too. All whiteys aren't Nordic types, or even Alpine types. LoLz

Are you implying that a black person went out and manufactured and sold the first black Santa lawn ornament? Or that a manager at the mall hired the first black Santa to steal Christmas? Your message is convoluted by this argument that this is ours and no one else can have it who isn’t white!!!!!

Or is this capitalism and someone decided they will sell more Santas if they make them both black and white?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't like flocked trees either. Even if you're in a place where it snows, it doesn't snow inside a warm house for goodness sakes. It doesn't make sense anywhere.

Last night my bff's house was FABULOUS like many gay men's homes are...the epitome of elegance. Almost made me feel like a dude. lol

OMG tell me all about this night of fabulosity!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That must be the 5-10% who aren't white. LoLz Joe, Modern Turks are white - have been for the longest.
They look pretty freekin white to me, Joe.

For sure. Some are. This is probably a holdover from Turkey's predecessor, the Old Ottoman Empire, which conquered and colonized the region of Southeastern Europe. Yes I've met a number of blonde Turks in Vancouver.

However, the majority of them seem to be dark haired and darker skinned. A good number look say...like Mexicans from the south.

Plus modern day Turkey isn't exactly like Northern Europe either.
It's warmer isn't it in most parts?
It's quite close to Arabia. And those people are usually quite dark skinned.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
OMG tell me all about this night of fabulosity!

Well, I got there a little before 5 after having made a mad dash to the stores to buy a gift bag. The house is so beautiful. I walk in and there are about 4 small decorated Christmas trees, one tall probably 6 ft slim tree by the fireplace, the mantle has garland with lights and xmas decor. On the table a giant vase with red xmas ornaments and pine on an even bigger tray. The island has a tall vase with red long stemmed roses and more pine... We exchanged gifts and opened them at the same time. They loved their personalized calendar with photos from their trips over the last couple of years.

Went to dinner at this lovely Italian restaurant, had several courses, accompanied by a nice glass of Lambrusco...just a little fizz to be festive. Very low key service, no rushing us out. I think we were there from 6:30 to about 8:50...

We went back to their house for coffee, stories, laughter...it was fantastic! Lovely time with my boys. They are such a lovely couple.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, I got there a little before 5 after having made a mad dash to the stores to buy a gift bag. The house is so beautiful. I walk in and there are about 4 small decorated Christmas trees, one tall probably 6 ft slim tree by the fireplace, the mantle has garland with lights and xmas decor. On the table a giant vase with red xmas ornaments and pine on an even bigger tray. The island has a tall vase with red long stemmed roses and more pine... We exchanged gifts and opened them at the same time. They loved their personalized calendar with photos from their trips over the last couple of years.

Went to dinner at this lovely Italian restaurant, had several courses, accompanied by a nice glass of Lambrusco...just a little fizz to be festive. Very low key service, no rushing us out. I think we were there from 6:30 to about 8:50...

We went back to their house for coffee, stories, laughter...it was fantastic! Lovely time with my boys. They are such a lovely couple.

I love it when restaurants give 5 star service. I’m glad you had a lovely evening. I’m sure the company was divine and the house was spectacular.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter

But don't you think LBGTQXYZ people are being left out here? Shouldn't there be a rainbow Santa for all the gay and trans children out there?

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
And he wasn't jolly or fat, as thinness in the ancient times meant sacrifice and suffering
I agree - fat people are the worst. They're eating all the food and people are starving because of it.
Then again, they say that starvation is a most holy way to die, so there must be some consolation in that.