Cornel West is running for POTUS?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

How many men women, and CHILDREN are murdered by hand guns and automatic weapons, while the conservatives would never agree to banning man killing weapons

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Ranked choice ballots would be a very useful tool, as would getting rid of the ridiculously outdated electoral college. But for the same reason the duopoly and their media accomplices make it absurdly difficult for independents and third parties to even get on ballots much less succeed the establishment will never willingly give us the tools to dismantle its power.

Working our way up through local and state ballot initiatives (where they're allowed) will take more time than we realistically have. Now that what may be a critical mass of citizens are realizing that our so-called government doesn't represent the people at all, not even a little bit, the establishment more and more will forego the trappings and illusion of "democracy" and become ever more authoritarian.

They'd rather burn this nation to the ground to rule over the ashes than relinquish their power and privilege.
Never say never. Ranked Choice Voting (or Instant Runoff) has been adopted in a number of districts in the US, including one entire state (I forget which one).

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Looks like your not voting won’t make much of a difference. It’s just the thought of this ignorant fool for another 4 years makes me vomit. No thanks. Good Luck Merica
It makes me want to vomit, too. I will vote. But I will vote for West, because California will never go for Trump, so I don't feel guilty at all.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It makes me want to vomit, too. I will vote. But I will vote for West, because California will never go for Trump, so I don't feel guilty at all.

So Trump loses in California, but wins country wide. I’m not getting it? This means anyone with half a brain loses.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
So Trump loses in California, but wins country wide. I’m not getting it? This means anyone with half a brain loses.
Well, it's the fucking electoral college. I don't think Trump will win it, but if he does it will have nothing to do with New York, California, Washington, Oregon, Vermont, Connecticut, etc.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The only states to worry about at this point are Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Arizona, I believe, depending on which polling map you look at. Those states could go either way. If you want to help, do phone banking in those states in an effort to sell people on Biden, @Seamajor. You can phone bank for any state. I have done it many times.

Last edited:

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
I like to think in terms of evolution, I think America is slowly moving toward a multiparty system, for better or for worse. The Two Party's have seen a slow and steady erosion of registration while to the fringe parties and in my case "unafilliated" registrations are increasing...The 3rd Party Candidates are also gradually appearing less 'extreme'

In my humble opinion, this may well end up like some of our European friends struggling to build a coalition from several fragmented parties ie Lenninist's Joining with Capitalists to hold a majority etc etc, I wish we would just get rid of "Parties" and let Candidates stand on their own two feet and debate the issues and not who is loyal to whom, or to what Coats of Arms.

cats-herding.gif

"No Kitty you sit here with us!"

That and take big dark money out of the equation entirely.

14d042fb0882a554c21e79249942d503a433c2c6.jpeg

PS, I totally agree we don't need the Electoral College anymore(if we ever did) that should have gone away with Reconstruction.

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, it's the fucking electoral college. I don't think Trump will win it, but if he does it will have nothing to do with New York, California, Washington, Oregon, Vermont, Connecticut, etc.

So what? The fat fuck still wins. I’m sorry, still not getting it.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Trump will win if voters in swing states vote for him in higher numbers than if voters in those states vote for another candidate/Biden. We, in other states, have no say in those states.

Yes, if people in those states vote for Trump, he will win. We have an electoral college. We don't have a vote based on popular vote, like other countries do. It's nonsense and undemocratic.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I agree, Trump has in my personal opinion been the worst thing(symptom?) to have happened to America. I don't want to risk his fatass of finishing his dream of being crowned King. Is Biden my ideal? No he is not, but he is in a far better position to be a roadblock a 2nd Trump term

PS, I don't not want to Trump to merely lose, I want him crushed and humiliated, I want Biden to sleepwalk to 538 Electoral College Votes.

Last edited:

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I agree, Trump has in my personal opinion been the worst thing(symptom?) to have happened to America. I don't want to risk his fatass of finishing his dream of being crowned King. Is Biden my ideal? No he is not, but he is in a far better position to be a roadblock a 2nd Trump term
What has the Biden Crime syndicate done for America the past 3 years except destroy it?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
BIDEN has done absolutely nothing except let 8 million illegals in and make things so expensive that half the country now relies on free food handouts. Name anything he did!!

The average American has gotten poorer since Ronald Reagan's tinkle down economic policies. The work of Grover Norquist and the donor class to transfer taxation from the 1% to the middle classes has created this situation.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
BIDEN has done absolutely nothing except let 8 million illegals in and make things so expensive that half the country now relies on free food handouts. Name anything he did!!
Oh because only Americans are dealing with the high cost of living you dense twat LOL

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
The average American has gotten poorer since Ronald Reagan's tinkle down economic policies. The work of Grover Norquist and the donor class to transfer taxation from the 1% to the middle classes has created this situation.
By every conceivable metric the Economy is too hot, that's why the Federal Reserves have been tapping the breaks lately.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

While the Rich(Like Trump claims to be) get richer, average hourly wages have been mostly stagnant since the 60's, I grew up in the 60's my Dad was Blue Collar, Mom stayed home, I up grew up in a brand new neighborhood full of families just like ours. Summer vacations, new cars every 3.4 years....

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

PS, I don't not want to Trump to merely lose, I want him crushed and humiliated, I want Biden to sleepwalk to 538 Electoral College Votes.
There are too many braindead MAGAs for that to ever happen.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What aren't you getting?

I don’t get people who choose not to vote because of some personal feeling, especially knowing the consequences if the incumbent loses. I’m retired, living in a foreign country. I collect on 2 pensions along with Social Security. SS being the most. I’m pretty sure Trump would be happy to curtail those funds, if one is living outside of the USA. I believe you are on the same boat. This is what I fear personally, not to mention his owing to Russia, and all of the bullshit this asshole is capable of. For now, that covers it for me.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I don’t get people who choose not to vote because of some personal feeling, especially knowing the consequences if the incumbent loses. I’m retired, living in a foreign country. I collect on 2 pensions along with Social Security. SS being the most. I’m pretty sure Trump would be happy to curtail those funds, if one is living outside of the USA. I believe you are on the same boat. This is what I fear personally, not to mention his owing to Russia, and all of the bullshit this asshole is capable of. For now, that covers it for me.
I also get some SS and a Military Pension, and as much as Republicans hate vets, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trumplicans tried to take my Military Pension dollars and kick them upstair to the Besoz Family, Jeff's gf needs more Plastic Surgery!

84c558535fa2c4643cef0831a78c16afd615f5dc.png

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I also get some SS and a Military Pension, and as much as Republicans hate vets, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trumplicans tried to take my Military Pension dollars and kick them upstair to the Besoz Family, Jeff's gf needs more Plastic Surgery!

84c558535fa2c4643cef0831a78c16afd615f5dc.png

Yes, thank you. Fatso would love to cut those perks that we all pay into.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yes. But the immediate problem is the electoral college. My vote in CA will have no impact on the outcome. I DO vote. I vote for candidates I think are aligned with my values. I am anti-corporate war mongers. Unfortunately, SS can be fucked with no matter who is president. The fucking over of SS is a corporate attack. Mine has already been impacted, hugely negatively, by the Windfall Profits Elimination act, which is utter bullshit, and largely impacts teachers. TEACHERS. Because we make so much money, it's considered some sort of windfall if we get a teacher's pension. About 8 years ago, a Democratic senator tried to do something about this bullshit provision, and NO ONE in Congress gave a shit. They refused to craft a bill. They just shined him on. Because 99% of those fuckers are on the take. Meanwhile, SS steals half of my payments every month and gives the money to the corporate leaders of the country.

Last edited:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yes. But the immediate problem is the electoral college. My vote in CA will have no impact on the outcome. I DO vote. I vote for candidates I think are aligned with my values. I am anti-corporate war mongers. Unfortunately, SS can be fucked with no matter who is president. The fucking over of SS is a corporate attack. Mine has already been impacted, hugely negatively, by the Winfall Profits Elimination act, which is utter bullshit, and largely impact teachers. TEACHERS. Because we make so much money, it's considered some sort of windfall if we get a teacher's pension. About 8 years ago, a Democratic senator tried to do something about this bullshit provision, and NO ONE in Congress gave a shit. They refused to craft a bill. They just shined him on. Because 99% of those fuckers are on the take. Meanwhile, SS steals half of my payments every month and gives them money to the corporate leaders of the country.

As it pertains to windfall profits, often teachers aren't paying into SS, the taxes aren't withheld. Do you know if that's what happened to you?

Though I am collecting a pension, I am eligible, but had to pay social security taxes at the standard rate of any other employee.