Cornel West is running for POTUS?

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
So far West is on the ballot in only two states that I know of.

He should have stayed in the Greens and never hired Daou.

I would consider voting for Cornel if there was any way for him to get enough electoral college votes to win. Not if he would be likely to win, just if it was theoretically possible. As things stand that would be voting for someone who can't possibly win and who has made a lot of questionable decisions since announcing his candidacy.

Even just the People's Party-> Greens-> Independent-> Hybrid new party and independent arc has been... uninspiring. It looks like he's just making it up as he goes along and as likely to do things that make his position worse as they are to improve it.

If I'm going to vote for someone who can't win I might as well go completely off-grid and write in Vermin Supreme.

Last edited:

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
desk.webp

• BroFist
Reactions: cw_
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I would consider voting for Cornel if there was any way for him to get enough electoral college votes to win. Not if he would be likely to win, just if it was theoretically possible. As things stand that would be voting for someone who can't possibly win and who has made a lot of questionable decisions since announcing his candidacy.

Even just the People's Party-> Greens-> Independent-> Hybrid new party and independent arc has been... uninspiring. It looks like he's just making it up as he goes along and as likely to do things that make his position worse as they are to improve it.

If I'm going to vote for someone who can't win I might as well go completely off-grid and write in Vermin Supreme.
Yes, he should be with the Greens. It's a shame. I promised myself in 2016 I would never vote for another corporate war monger. I hate Trump and don't want to see him win, but I can't vote for Biden. I am currently devoted to having the courage of my convictions.

Who is Vermin Supreme?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’d happily vote for anyone other than the raping felon. Looks like I’ll vote for Joe, because he will be the Democratic nominee. I believe non voters will further Fatsos success.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’d happily vote for anyone other than the raping felon. Looks like I’ll vote for Joe, because he will be the Democratic nominee. I believe non voters will further Fatsos success.

I can't vote for Biden with what's going on in the Gaza strip. He's complicit in the slaughter of tens of thousands. I would rather suffer through another Trump presidency than vote for Biden at this point.

Frankly, in CA a non-vote or a vote for another candidate doesn't help Trump here. It's a protest vote or non-vote.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
He's been running in presidential elections for a while now, or at least makes a spectacle of doing so.

He's hilarious and his positions are actually pretty good, if occasionally somewhat impractical (free ponies!).

His social medias are linked here:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

He's the guy that puts the rubber boot on his head, right?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I can't vote for Biden with what's going on in the Gaza strip. He's complicit in the slaughter of tens of thousands. I would rather suffer through another Trump presidency than vote for Biden at this point.

Frankly, in CA a non-vote or a vote for another candidate doesn't help Trump here. It's a protest vote or non-vote.
I dont disagree regarding Gaza and Hamas. It’s the thought of this arrogant fool becoming President again. The is the laughing stock of the universe. His entire existence is based on personal revenge, hate, ignorance, sexual perversion, nepotism, etc. I can easily go on. Please think hard before you don’t vote.

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I dont disagree regarding Gaza and Hamas. It’s the thought of this arrogant fool becoming President again. The is the laughing stock of the universe. His entire existence is based on personal revenge, hate, ignorance, sexual perversion, nepotism, etc. I can easily go on. Please think hard before you don’t vote.
Are yoo talking about teh Biden Crime Family?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Exactly. I am registered to vote in CA.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

If everyone who felt like you feel stepped up and voted for him he'd have half a chance, at least.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

He is all of those things.

However, people are dying and displaced because both parties want it so. They don't care what I believe in or want to see happen. Why should I vote for either?

I don't want blood on my hands.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The thing is, CA will not vote for Trump. Your vote really only counts if you live or vote in a purple state. IMO, if you vote in a red or blue state, you should help drive a wedge into the two-party system and vote for a 3rd party candidate that you believe in. It will NEVER change if people keep voting out of fear of an ass like Trump. There IS a way out, but people have to step up. I vote in a blue state. So fuck Biden and his corporate war agenda.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I told yoo Biden was NO GOOD! Trump brokered peace in the Middle East!
Trump did no such thing.

You didn't have to tell me about Biden, honey. I did not vote for him in 2020. And I did not vote for war monger Killary in 2016. Last Dem I voted for was Obama in 2012, and I have never voted for a CON. No more blue or red for me, ever. I am an anti-war, pro-worker voter.

Last edited:

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
The thing is, CA will not vote for Trump. Your vote really only counts if you live or vote in a purple state. IMO, if you vote in a red or blue state, you should help drive a wedge into the two-party system and vote for a 3rd party candidate that you believe in. It will NEVER change if people keep voting out of fear of an ass like Trump. There IS a way out, but people have to step up. I vote in a blue state. So fuck Biden and his corporate war agenda.

In my opinion that "strategic" voting is still a half measure.

As long as anyone anywhere continues voting for the duopoly out of tradition, ignorance, or fear the uniparty still has no incentive to change much less collapse. The democrats and republicans need to be abandoned en masse and ideally it should have already happened decades ago.

It's a messier proposition now but let's be honest... that's entirely our fault.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
In my opinion that "strategic" voting is still a half measure.

As long as anyone anywhere continues voting for the duopoly out of tradition, ignorance, or fear the uniparty still has no incentive to change much less collapse. The democrats and republicans need to be abandoned en masse and ideally it should have already happened decades ago.

It's a messier proposition now but let's be honest... that's entirely our fault.
OR, districts across the country simply need to adopt Instant Runoff Voting, or Ranked Choice Voting, and watch the Dem and Con parties be sidelined by candidates who actually care about the people rather than the corporations.

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Trump did no such thing.

You didn't have to tell me about Biden, honey. I did not vote for him in 2020. And I did not vote for war monger Killary in 2016. Last Dem I voted for was Obama in 2012, and I have never voted for a CON. No more blue or red for me, ever. I am an anti-war, pro-worker voter.
its true! Trump brokered peace! Look it up! No mattrer what the fake leftist media tells yoo he did a lot of good!

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Trump did no such thing.

He is all of those things.

However, people are dying and displaced because both parties want it so. They don't care what I believe in or want to see happen. Why should I vote for either?

I don't want blood on my hands.

Looks like your not voting won’t make much of a difference. It’s just the thought of this ignorant fool for another 4 years makes me vomit. No thanks. Good Luck Merica

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
OR, districts across the country simply need to adopt Instant Runoff Voting, or Ranked Choice Voting, and watch the Dem and Con parties be sidelined by candidates who actually care about the people rather than the corporations.

Ranked choice ballots would be a very useful tool, as would getting rid of the ridiculously outdated electoral college. But for the same reason the duopoly and their media accomplices make it absurdly difficult for independents and third parties to even get on ballots much less succeed the establishment will never willingly give us the tools to dismantle its power.

Working our way up through local and state ballot initiatives (where they're allowed) will take more time than we realistically have. Now that what may be a critical mass of citizens are realizing that our so-called government doesn't represent the people at all, not even a little bit, the establishment more and more will forego the trappings and illusion of "democracy" and become ever more authoritarian.

They'd rather burn this nation to the ground to rule over the ashes than relinquish their power and privilege.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Are y’all ignoring the half a million plus of US citizens that died from Covid during Fatsos stab at being Pres? Couldn’t be bothered.