Creepy Places

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

In 1534, the Capuchin monks in Palermo built their first monastery in Sicily - near the church of Santa Maria Della (The Lady of Peace). The site was allotted to them when they settled and was considered the worst piece of land. As a burial place for their fellow monks, the monks used a small tomb they had dug under the altar of St. Anne. Deceased monks, wrapped in sheets, were lowered into this burial chamber from above.

But: the community of Capuchins grew larger and larger over time and so the tomb was no longer sufficient in 1597. To solve their space problem, the monks chose the old caves behind the main altar as an alternative area. They decided to excavate them and use them as catacombs for the Capuchin monks. No sooner said than done: the excavations began.Two years later, the new underground cemetery was ready. However, when the monks opened the old burial chamber to transfer their dead brothers to their new destination, they came across forty-five intact, naturally mummified bodies. The tufa walls of the vault and the draught conditions had prevented the dead from decomposing normally.

The well-preserved bodies were a shock to the locals. They thought it was a sign from heaven and the abbot at the time decided to display the dead as a symbol of their own transience (memento mori).

The first mummy exhibited in the catacombs was that of monk Frate Silvestro da Gubbio. He was laid out in a plain brown robe, with a headdress and a shield that dated his death to 16 October 1599. If you visit this museum cemetery today, you will come across 1.100 mummies, wearing their best robes, pinned to the wall, sitting on benches or lying in open coffins.

*Please click the green link for further info.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
@LotusBud @RANCIDMILKO ™ ®© Maybe one of you can tell us what it says on the doll's card in the last image.

*Creepy 'hospital' where dolls are treated by expert 'surgeons': Pictures show bizarre repair shop which gives toys a patient file as they await their operation.

Right in the heart of Old Lisbon, battered and broken dolls - some of which over a century old - are brought back to health in a creepy 'hospital'. The establishment, known as the Hospital de Bonecas, was founded in 1830 and is described in tourist guides for Portugal's capital as one of the oldest toy infirmaries still in operation.

'We have clients from all over the world and all ages. There are museums which ask us to restore pieces, also private collectors, but the vast majority of our clients are individuals - people who are sentimentally attached,' said Manuela Cutileiro, 72, the hospital's owner. Piled on shelves and stored in bizarre see-through drawers, the happy, confused and sometimes outright weird faces of much-loved dolls stare on as they await their surgery.

Elsewhere, bizarre stacks of legs and arms long ago removed from bodies lie on tables awaiting reattachment. Some 4,000 dolls can be found inside the hospital. There are 100-year-old dolls with porcelain heads, along with dolls dressed in costumes from different regions of Portugal, as well as some modern Barbies.

CS6rO9T.jpg

eUoGS16.jpg

HFhAQBA.jpg

08caWdU.jpg

PPMHfNn.jpg

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Link's translated

That dirt road leads to my aunt's farm, where I spent most of my vacations when I was younger

The page doesn't give the real details, it just mentions a "invisible whip" that would strike people

They say that in the 50's there was this man, some sort of career criminal that would go around robbing, raping and murdering and because he had some sort of "pact" with you know who, he always managed to evade capture and "shots didn't hit him"

So a bunch of lawmen came from other cities to hunt this fella and they shot him until he looked like a sieve

And it all happened on that hill, close to the tree. After that, people would see, hear and feel things and many would describe being lashed on the back and legs

Others would say they were chased by some sort of monstruous wild pig

But one thing I remember well is that depending on the angle that you looked at tree, the trunk and the branches would form sort of devilish silhouette. A cousin showed it to me, like 35 years ago and I'll never remember, the moment you see it, you turn your face away instantly because it's fucking scary.

When I was a teenager we'd go to the city and when we would come back at night, we'd almost shit our pants when we had to pass next to that tree, we'd run like crazy

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
@LotusBud @RANCIDMILKO ™ ®© Maybe one of you can tell us what it says on the doll's card in the last image.

*Creepy 'hospital' where dolls are treated by expert 'surgeons': Pictures show bizarre repair shop which gives toys a patient file as they await their operation.

Right in the heart of Old Lisbon, battered and broken dolls - some of which over a century old - are brought back to health in a creepy 'hospital'. The establishment, known as the Hospital de Bonecas, was founded in 1830 and is described in tourist guides for Portugal's capital as one of the oldest toy infirmaries still in operation.

'We have clients from all over the world and all ages. There are museums which ask us to restore pieces, also private collectors, but the vast majority of our clients are individuals - people who are sentimentally attached,' said Manuela Cutileiro, 72, the hospital's owner. Piled on shelves and stored in bizarre see-through drawers, the happy, confused and sometimes outright weird faces of much-loved dolls stare on as they await their surgery.

Elsewhere, bizarre stacks of legs and arms long ago removed from bodies lie on tables awaiting reattachment. Some 4,000 dolls can be found inside the hospital. There are 100-year-old dolls with porcelain heads, along with dolls dressed in costumes from different regions of Portugal, as well as some modern Barbies.

CS6rO9T.jpg

eUoGS16.jpg

HFhAQBA.jpg

08caWdU.jpg

PPMHfNn.jpg

This isn't creepy to me. It's very sweet. LOL

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
This entire chapel is made of the bones of monks. I've been there.

chapel-of-bones-evora.jpg

The Capela dos Ossos (Chapel of Bones) in Evora is a wonderfully macabre reminder of our own mortality. It is located to the rear of the Igreja de São Francisco and was built during the 16th century by one of the Franciscan monks who thought it a nice idea to make his fellow monks contemplate on their own mortality. It seems things got a little carried away as the inside is covered in over 5,000 skulls plus a couple of desiccated corpses dangling from the ceiling!

BrothaSwilf

Factory Bastard
You creepy man creep me out with threads like this and you constant emails looking for nudes. Back off I have a man.. and if you ain't careful he will kick your teeth down your throat @Alticus You've been warned. Now if you do things in a nice polite Canadian way FAKE CANADIAN.. you can have me tomorrow between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. just cost you a little of a 500 buckaroos