Do you believe in god?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
There's no Heaven or Hell, no God or Devil waiting to punish or reward us. There is however karma...

No. No, there isn't. There's no woo of any kind. Not the baked-brain sandbox kind, not the chakras and auras and karma kind, either. None of it. No Jeezis, no Yah-way, no Allaaaaah-lalalalalala shamalamadingdong. No Luke Skywalker, no Howdy-Doody. No Heaven, no hell, no sin.

Makes no difference if you try to be a good person because you don't wanna fry for eternity, or if you try to be a good person because you don't wanna get whammied by karma. They're both different ways of just playing possum to avoid some kind of cosmic ass whuppin' from one kind of boogeyman or another. Well, there's no cosmic ass whuppin'. There's no boogeyman. And being good because you're afraid there is? That's not being good for the sake of being a good person. Which means it isn't goodness at all.

yea there is

If that's what you need to get by, then more power to ya. Not all of us have to lean on magical thinking. :P

not all of us need 2 gaf what goes on in someone elses head either - it truly bothers u ppl who have all the answers so well but 4 some reason r never content

But how does that line up with me saying, "If you need it, more power to ya"?

hmmm no life after death so u waste your very limited time debating what u claim 2 know so well - really?? oh plz lol

That's the nice thing about not answering to a fantasy novel written by primitives: It's my life and I can do with it as I please. ;)

then u please 2 waste it trying 2 stick a pin in the comfort of others - like a
kilJOY! :LMAO:
religion is water and ppl r horses - drink, dont drink, piss in it whatever, i got mine. im not debating god w/anyone, im debating the atheists need 2 debate what they say they know so well, open and shut case yet on and on they go

its like they r not so sure after all ;D

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
weeeeeee look at me im going 2 heaven!
funny-perfectly-timed-photos-25__700.jpg

oh no here comes kiljoy w/his pin lol

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
There's no Heaven or Hell, no God or Devil waiting to punish or reward us. There is however karma...

No. No, there isn't. There's no woo of any kind. Not the baked-brain sandbox kind, not the chakras and auras and karma kind, either. None of it. No Jeezis, no Yah-way, no Allaaaaah-lalalalalala shamalamadingdong. No Luke Skywalker, no Howdy-Doody. No Heaven, no hell, no sin.

Makes no difference if you try to be a good person because you don't wanna fry for eternity, or if you try to be a good person because you don't wanna get whammied by karma. They're both different ways of just playing possum to avoid some kind of cosmic ass whuppin' from one kind of boogeyman or another. Well, there's no cosmic ass whuppin'. There's no boogeyman. And being good because you're afraid there is? That's not being good for the sake of being a good person. Which means it isn't goodness at all.

yea there is

If that's what you need to get by, then more power to ya. Not all of us have to lean on magical thinking. :P

not all of us need 2 gaf what goes on in someone elses head either - it truly bothers u ppl who have all the answers so well but 4 some reason r never content

hmmm no life after death so u waste your very limited time debating what u claim 2 know so well - really?? oh plz lol

That's the nice thing about not answering to a fantasy novel written by primitives: It's my life and I can do with it as I please. ;)
It's all fun and games untill you wake up on the other side with your ass on fire.

u tell him!
Of2KZ69.gif

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter

yea there is

then u please 2 waste it trying 2 stick a pin in the comfort of others - like a
kilJOY! :LMAO:

If it's false comfort, sure. False comfort is cruel. Like telling a stage 4 cancer patient they'll be just fine if they pray to Yogi Bear. It's just mean.

religion is water and ppl r horses - drink, dont drink, piss in it whatever, i got mine. im not debating god w/anyone, im debating the atheists need 2 debate what they say they know so well, open and shut case yet on and on they go

IMO, religion isn't water, it's alcohol. Makes people do stupid shit, and the more of it you drink, the more it actually dehydrates you.

its like they r not so sure after all ;D

I'm very sure of how logic works. And how logic works is, you don't believe in something until it can be objectively measured, physically tested, and gives the same results every time. You can't do that with a topic of faith, even the Christians' bible says that.

King James Version, Hebrews 11:1; "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (I don't know why the KVJ randomly italicizes stuff, but it is hilarious.)

But that's the opposite of how critical thinking (also known as not being a sucker) works.

But, again -- if you need that in order to find some comfort in life, well... I kinda feel bad for ya, but you do you. 'Cause here's a thing I take way more seriously as "scripture" than a collection of bronze-age fantasy story vignettes:

"Never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump." -W.C. Fields

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
If it's false comfort, sure. False comfort is cruel. Like telling a stage 4 cancer patient they'll be just fine if they pray to Yogi Bear. It's just mean.

I wanted to expand on this thought a little; when you hear a friend is having hard times? Don't tell them, "I'll pray for you." Okay? That's one of the most cruel things you can do. I know you probably don't mean it like that... hope not, anyway... but you have no idea what kind of a slap in the face that is. What that person needs, if they need anything, is actual help and support. Telling somebody, "I'll pray for you" is just a way of feeling like you did something to help when you actually didn't.

Appealing to your make-believe friend is make-believe helping. I've been on both sides of that dynamic. I've been "I'll pray for you"-'d at, and I've been the one who couldn't really do anything to help a friend. If all you can do is say something? Say something meaningful. "I wish I could help, but I can't." Maybe it's not as comforting, but among whatever else somebody up shit creek is dealing with, uncertainty is shot all through the pile. At least the truth offers them certainty.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I suppose some of it depends on your experience, believe it or not I grew up for the first 14 years of my life in a catholic family, I saw so much hypocrisy it was untrue. I’d had enough of nuns and priests to last me a lifetime. I was the sort of kid who wanted answers, but you wasn’t allowed to question anything. For example I once asked a nun if Adam and Eve was the first people, who did their son marry, no explanation just a cain across the arse and thrown out of the class, loads of shit went on I could go on all day.
The crunch really came when a neighbors new baby sadly died, and everyone was panicking and the priest came running down the road to baptise the poor little sod, I just thought then that any god or Jesus that condemns an innocent baby just cos some nonce git didn’t pour water on it’s head can shove their bible up their holy arseole.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
It's not just that it's a scam -- it's that it's a shabby scam. It insults the intelligence of fully developed adults, a lot of it. The premises of its god are contradictory from top to bottom and front to back. If somebody were to invent that god today, they'd be laughed off the public stage. But because a whole bunch of people down over a couple thousand years, most of whom had the mental acuity of fucking grapefruit -- because they believed in it, that means it must be true?

Intellectually, I understand that human beings have an innate psychological need to believe in a higher power. But not a 'power' that's high on crack, folks.

Last edited:

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
High on crack lol, you would have thought so, even my own nan who before I had kids, was the only person in this world I dearly loved was a brain washed nut case, if someone in our area died, she would cover all the mirrors in the house cos their soul could get trapped in the mirror on its way to be judged! The woman scared the be Jesus out of me lol.the brain washing is hard to get out of your head though, you could never be an ex catholic, just a recovering catholic .

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Oh BTW, the priest that came running down the road was the same holy father that had had his hands down my older brothers pants playing with his willy, then got him to kneel on the alter on a Sunday while his holy fatherness turned a piece of wafer into the body of Christ....amen.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
And yet, people still fall for it. Not even skeptically or grudgingly, like, "Oh, all right, durrr..." But enthusiastically, like, "DURRRR, MUTHA FUCKAAAAZ!"

Boggles the mind.

I mean, I don't care if this sounds racist, but the Ned Flanders set isn't exactly rampaging around chopping the heads off dudes and burning women at the stake anymore -- so why aren't we white folks going back to our own silly-ass gods? I mean, ours are at least cool. If I was going to wholeheartedly adopt the delusion of people who never show up and don't really meaningfully help or hinder my life in any way, I'd much rather it be Odin, Thor, Freyr, Freyja, Aegir, Heimdallr and that whole crew. They at least have their own problems and for the most part mind their own business -- which is a way better excuse for why they never do shit for people than, "It'th jutht God'th plaaaaan!" What a lame cop-out that is.

Plus, they weren't invented by people wandering around in a desert who were obviously delirious from long-term hyperthermia, later to be modified by a gang of wops who threw shit out of their houses into the street, who then spread it to Britain by the sword.

Last edited:

X

xXx
Site Supporter
And yet, people still fall for it. Not even skeptically or grudgingly, like, "Oh, all right, durrr..." But enthusiastically, like, "DURRRR, MUTHA FUCKAAAAZ!"

Boggles the mind.

I mean, I don't care if this sounds racist, but the Ned Flanders set isn't exactly rampaging around chopping the heads off dudes and burning women at the stake anymore -- so why aren't we white folks going back to our own silly-ass gods? I mean, ours are at least cool. If I was going to wholeheartedly adopt the delusion of people who never show up and don't really meaningfully help or hinder my life in any way, I'd much rather it be Odin, Thor, Freyr, Freyja, Aegir, Heimdallr and that whole crew. They at least have their own problems and for the most part mind their own business -- which is a way better excuse for why they never do shit for people than, "It'th jutht God'th plaaaaan!" What a lame cop-out that is.

Plus, they weren't invented by people wandering around in a desert who were obviously delirious from long-term hyperthermia, later to be modified by a gang of wops who threw shit out of their houses into the street, who then spread it to Britain by the sword.
maxresdefault.jpg

You're like the opposite of Joel Olsten LOL

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
Who's Joel Olsten? You mean Joel Osteen, that Tim-The-Tool-Man-Taylor's-Retarded-Cousin-lookin' bitch? He can go eat a bag of ducks. Yep, that's right -- a bag of ducks.

erMxyAQ.jpg

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
No, I really wasn't sure who you meant. Was just taking my best guess. And of course I don't know everything; just more than a lot of people. :P

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him will believeth in anything. -Swamp-Duck. 3:16”

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Deep down, I think the "word" of religion is based on myth, mixed in with some truths... I believe in science for the most part... But I don't think it's stupid OR for stupid people.. I think it serves a purpose to control the masses and perhaps stops some from doing horrible things, that they may otherwise do... I'm happy there is something for people to believe in... especially for death and grieving..