Do You Give a Christmas Tip to Your UPS Driver and Mailman?

plural chan

Fractal Plural System #pluralgang
Meltdown in Progress
What the fuck, no, thats crazy. They get paid pretty well at least where I live.

plural chan

Meltdown in Progress
The ultimate tip

RI2tVB5.jpg

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
Fuck no.... them UPS drivers drop a package off on your doorstep and they don't even ring the bell or knock on the door.

Next thing you know some porch pirate has walked off with your goods.

Mailman/woman is another story as we have a sweetheart on our route.:Lovin1:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Fuck no.... them UPS drivers drop a package off on your doorstep and they don't even ring the bell or knock on the door.

Next thing you know some porch pirate has walked off with your goods.

That's why I don't rely upon door to door delivery services.

Too much of a chance that packages will get damaged, delivered to the wrong place, or go missing.

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What would be a typical tip amount?
Old Skool, tip your residential mail carrier 20 bucks or less. Around here anyway, and assuming you've had the same regular carrier all year.

UPS and Fedex drivers, no.

Some places, Seattle is one I know of, postal carriers are ... shall I say, diverse ethnicities and mostly vermin who do shitty work and can't hold the job more than a few weeks. So that's a no also.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What would be a typical tip amount?
Old Skool, tip your residential mail carrier 20 bucks or less. Around here anyway, and assuming you've had the same regular carrier all year.

UPS and Fedex drivers, no.

Some places, Seattle is one I know of, postal carriers are ... shall I say, diverse ethnicities and mostly vermin who do shitty work and can't hold the job more than a few weeks. So that's a no also.

Wow. That was judgy.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
So diverse ethnicities are vermin who do shitty work.

who knew?

Racist comments aside, I usually give 20.00 to 50.00 to my mail carrier depending on her performance that year.

I might give the UPS guy something this year as I have ordered plenty of things online which required UPS delivery

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Nope.... Fedex, UPS etc.. Won't knock on my door anymore for deliveries...Just throw my packages wherever... last one I got was thrown in a snow pile lol

My mail carrier doesn't bother to close my mailbox after delivering my mail... SO NO.. They can go to hell :D

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Wow. That was judgy.

who knew?

Racist comments aside, I usually give 20.00 to 50.00 to my mail carrier depending on her performance that year.

I might give the UPS guy something this year as I have ordered plenty of things online which required UPS delivery

Nice try, both of you.

My comments regarding the left coast are a report of what people on that coast tell ME. They are not a report of what I myself do whilst living on the left coast, because as you both know that ain't where I live.

As to what I do here in my own bailiwick, I think I covered that in one or two non-racist, non-judgy sentences. And it remains to be seen whether either of you has something better to do with your Christmas Eve than hang out on a message board and shitpost.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I gift all that work on my property. This is the time of the year when they collect their alganado. This means about $3000. for full time workers. Another benefit for the people in this Social Democracy

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Wow. That was judgy.

who knew?

Nice try, both of you.

My comments regarding the left coast are a report of what people on that coast tell ME. They are not a report of what I myself do whilst living on the left coast, because as you both know that ain't where I live.

As to what I do here in my own bailiwick, I think I covered that in one or two non-racist, non-judgy sentences. And it remains to be seen whether either of you has something better to do with your Christmas Eve than hang out on a message board and shitpost.

Dude, you made a judgment about postal workers in Seattle based on gossip. BS. Just like any other group, it's not kosher, imo, to put everyone in that group into a large basket of judgment.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I gift all that work on my property. This is the time of the year when they collect their alganado. This means about $3000. for full time workers. Another benefit for the people in this Social Democracy

And yet there seems to be a lot of poverty in a country which is supposed to be a social democracy.

Oh well, I guess Costa Rica is much better off than their neighbours.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I recommend anyone judging mail and package carriers to watch the movie Sorry We Missed You. And maybe read the book Working.

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Wow. That was judgy.

who knew?

Nice try, both of you.

Dude, you made a judgment about postal workers in Seattle based on gossip. BS. Just like any other group, it's not kosher, imo, to put everyone in that group into a large basket of judgment.

Your OPINION is worth roughly as much as mine is worth, except of course when you're trying to pick a fight with me by mis-characterizing the way I rendered mine, and with no regard for the reliability of the "gossip" I used as input.

Take a hike, please.

Edit to add: I read Working in the seventies, when it was new. And a couple of times since.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
If I ever caught them I would. They always just leave my box on the porch and get on.

20 to 50 is the same I would give.

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Wow. That was judgy.

who knew?

Nice try, both of you.

Your OPINION is worth roughly as much as mine is worth, except of course when you're trying to pick a fight with me by mis-characterizing the way I rendered mine, and with no regard for the reliability of the "gossip" I used as input.

Take a hike, please.

Chillax. You sound like Duke.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

And yet there seems to be a lot of poverty in a country which is supposed to be a social democracy.

Oh well, I guess Costa Rica is much better off than their neighbours.

Yes they’re poor people. They are looked after if they go thru the right channels. The middle class is bigger then you might think.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I recommend anyone judging mail and package carriers to watch the movie Sorry We Missed You. And maybe read the book Working.
Fuck off, Lotus.. I don't judge ALL carriers.. I'm judging mine, who happens to be a lazy slob.. mmmkay?

plural chan

Meltdown in Progress
I'm pretty sure mail carriers get a Christmas bonus. They are government employees they probably have a lot better benefits than I get as a self employed shredding business CEO.

It just seems weird to me it would be like tipping a cashier for bagging items for you or something, I don't get it.