What are you eating, drinking and making merry? Christmas edition.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Well I'm starting with a toasted Cranberry, bacon and Cambazola sandwich.

Then pub at 11am, after that christmas dinner.

Roast Gammon, Chicken, Roast potatoes, mixed veg, pigs in blankets, stuffing will be sage and onion with chopped bacon and cranberry sauce added. Bread Sauce, Gravy and stuffing balls.

Evening maybe cheese and Biscuits, Stilton, Cambazola and mature Cheddar.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Dinner tomorrow

Prime rib roast
yukon gold baked potatoes with all the trimming -chives, bacon bits, sour cream and butter
brussel sprouts with bacon and onion

dessert selections:
Chocolate chip panettone
blueberry pie
cheese cake

some wine, some hot chocolate and maybe some juice for the kiddo

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Well I'm starting with a toasted Cranberry, bacon and Cambazola sandwich.

Then pub at 11am, after that christmas dinner.

Roast Gammon, Chicken, Roast potatoes, mixed veg, pigs in blankets, stuffing will be sage and onion with chopped bacon and cranberry sauce added. Bread Sauce, Gravy and stuffing balls.

Evening maybe cheese and Biscuits, Stilton, Cambazola and mature Cheddar.
No cookies?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Dinner tomorrow

Prime rib roast
yukon gold baked potatoes with all the trimming -chives, bacon bits, sour cream and butter
brussel sprouts with bacon and onion

dessert selections:
Chocolate chip panettone
blueberry pie
cheese cake

some wine, some hot chocolate and maybe some juice for the kiddo
I fuckin' love cheesecake.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
My fifth cup of eggnog.

It's time for eggnog. Tomorrow are the festivities, last minute change due to scheduling. It was sort of a relief, gave me all day today to make sure I had everything I need to cook tomorrow. Wrapping up last minute gifts, etc.

I'm putting bourbon in mine. Did you?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
It's time for eggnog. Tomorrow are the festivities, last minute change due to scheduling. It was sort of a relief, gave me all day today to make sure I had everything I need to cook tomorrow. Wrapping up last minute gifts, etc.

I'm putting bourbon in mine. Did you?
Merry Christmas Lily :)

Well, I've been sober for 25 years so I'd be scared to death to add alcohol to the eggnog. My brother, an entirely different animal. He adds rum to his.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You're a responsible drinker. I envy you. lol

The last time I got more than a buzz was probably 15-17 years ago. And even then I was just heavily tipsy and silly. I don't like the feeling of "drunk". The last time I was "drunk" was in college, maybe my sophomore year.

I don't find being "drunk" enjoyable.

Keeping your sobriety is a good decision for you. It takes a lot of discipline to keep yourself from succumbing to drink I would guess.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, in order to quit drinking as heavy as I was you have to be willing to suffer. I was blessed with a father who was an alcoholic himself. He quit cold turkey before I was born. Mom was going to leave him when she was pregnant with me if he didn't quit. Dad knew what I was going through and was very understanding. Also, God was more than merciful with me. I drank so much for so long I should've died of liver failure. What keeps me sober is my father's memory, God and the pride I feel for accomplishing what I did.