Every damn one of you gun nuts has blood on your hands

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Yeah...im not saying that.

Im just saying that the defender needs more tools at his arsenel than a gun. Thats where countertertorism self techniques enter the picture.

It isnt just enough to have a gun. Other skills are needed too.
Totally. Stick fighting is a great way to arm oneself too. One of my favourite weapons is the Cold Steel Blackthorn shillelagh.

images

I have a nice heavy pair of broad swords too. Chop chop. My bedside weapon is a kukri…beautiful knife.

images

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Heres an example of 'self-defense' in boxing:

...avoiding a punch or blow to the head. Muhammad Ali was able to overcome opponents much stronger than him like Sonny Liston by ducking punches and getting out of the way. Watch how many times Liston swings and misses. Liston was known as a devastating puncher who knocked many opponents out with a single punch.

Without a doubt thats wht Ali was able to last so many years in the ring.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Heres an example of 'self-defense' in boxing:

...avoiding a punch or blow to the head. Muhammad Ali was able to overcome opponents much stronger than him like Sonny Liston by ducking punches and getting out of the way.

Without a doubt thats wht Ali was able to last so many years in the ring.

Having a long reach is useful. Fighting in both orthodox and southpaw is an advantage too. Boxing is not the best form of self-defence, but rather martial arts that favour counter attacking like various forms of Kung fu. And no, Bruce Lee was never better than me…he was a theatrical actor, dabbled in Wing Chun before creating Jeet Kune Do and then his subsequent death over a headache pill. He was a lightweight.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
@Dove you & others have a total misconception what 'self-defense' actually means. it doesnt necessarily mean hand to hand combat. Actually you folks have been watching way too many Chuck Norris Bruce Lee movies.

Self defence means avoiding conflict if at all possible but if there is a fight then avoiding physical contact if at all possible. Ie -dodging a punch. Getting out of the way of a charging assailant. Preventing or blocking a punch. Ducking a bullet. Even running from a fight.

Yknow Dove Ive actually been in fights and it was using my head that saved me. Being able to anticipate my opponent's next move. Plus I have superior reflexes. Fast and quick thinking will actually save you in any fight before brute power.

Remember that Indinapolis shooter outsidr Fedex? Some pipsqueak kid outgunned a guy who challenged him.

Merely ducking behind a vehicle might have saved him. But he probably stood up and exposed himself to gunfire. No gun could save him because he didnt use his effing head.

So thats how I would approach gun training. Learn countetterrorism techniques too along with self defense techniques. Thats why I think guns alone wont save a person in a fight. They might but directly engaging an opponent will probably increase the risk not reduce it.

Yeah but when a situation arrives when fleeing is not possible I have the right to use a gun.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yeah but when a situation arrives when fleeing is not possible I have the right to use a gun.
Yeah but you still need good reflexes. Even using a gun ideally you should be physically fit and in supreme condition

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Totally. Stick fighting is a great way to arm oneself too. One of my favourite weapons is the Cold Steel Blackthorn shillelagh.

images

I have a nice heavy pair of broad swords too. Chop chop. My bedside weapon is a kukri…beautiful knife.

images

Cold Steel makes good stuff. I got a hunting knife by them that slices through deer like butter!

Didnt know they made a shillelagh lolol.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Senile @Joe has the answer for all women who want to avoid being raped...

Learn to fight like Muhammad Ali.
No....more like try to avoid getting hit by a moving 2 ton truck coming directly atcha @The Prowler.

And thats what Ali did.

He dodged punches and it extended his career. A man who boxed professionally for 20 years? You gotta admit that was an extremely long career for a boxer Prowler. Fark a lotta guys only last 1 fight.

Actually Ali said that many boxers he fought were way stronger than them including George Foreman, Sonny Liston, Ernie Shavers, Joe Frazier and Ken Norton.

But he managed to used their brute strength against them. kinda like an oriental yin yang philosiphy of self defense Prowler.

Another indicator that Ali wasnt as strong as his oppobents is he knocked relatively few of them out and his bouts often went the distance to 12 or 15 rounds.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Yeah but you still need good reflexes. Even using a gun ideally you should be physically fit and in supreme condition

Well I am.....however you really do not need to be in good shape to use a firearm.

A glock is easy and doesnt have much kick back at all. A child could use it.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When a rapist grabs a woman, @Joe, she is not gonna rope-a-dope her way out of it.
Well im just making my point that self defense does not necessarily mean engaging in battle with someone or striking them @The Prowler. There are other ways to 'defend' yourself. Maybe thats why you got kicked in the nuts eh? Cuz you dont seem to u derstand how to 'defend' yourself.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Joe when a man attacks a woman to rape and beat her, it happens extremely fast. They EXPECT you to run or fight back.

I've been through this. I have a huge scar on the back of my head that had many stitches from hitting the sink. And it happened FAST.

Being anti 2A is being anti woman. Period.

Its disturbing to see victim blaming. Which is kinda what "well you should have known how to not get raped in the first place" is. Women cannot physically fight men as a rule. Yeah there are exceptions and all but that's not the way this shit happens in real life.

This isnt a Marvel movie and we arent Jessica Jones.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Well im just making my point that self defense does not necessarily mean engaging in battle with someone or striking them @The Prowler. There are other ways to 'defend' yourself. Maybe thats why you got kicked in the nuts eh? Cuz you dont seem to u derstand how to 'defend' yourself.
Yeah you could run like Kyle Rittenhouse did and only shoot when your attackers leave you no choice

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Joe when a man attacks a woman to rape and beat her, it happens extremely fast. They EXPECT you to run or fight back.

I've been through this. I have a huge scar on the back of my head that had many stitches from hitting the sink. And it happened FAST.

Being anti 2A is being anti woman. Period.

Its disturbing to see victim blaming. Which is kinda what "well you should have known how to not get raped in the first place" is. Women cannot physically fight men as a rule. Yeah there are exceptions and all but that's not the way this shit happens in real life.

This isnt a Marvel movie and we arent Jessica Jones.
What makes you think I'm blaming you @Dove? Shit happens. Not your faulr. Not my fault for being attacked on the street or by a bear either. Men have been raping women & young girls since prehistoric times....in every culture, every race, everywhere all over the world. Sadly...it is a fact of human existence and history.

The ancient Greeks even had a myth about one of their Gods raping a woman:

220px-The_Rape_of_Proserpina_%28Rome%29.jpg

However it is not forbidden to teach women or girls how to defend themselves.

For example:

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyways I had to fight off an assailant once who sexually assaulted and tried to rape my female co worker.

So admittedly Ive been in my share of fights. Sometimes to defend myself and to defend others @Dove

I dunno maybe I attract a lotta violence but at least I know how ta fight & sometimes for my life. Lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
What makes you think I'm blaming you @Dove? Shit happens. Not your faulr. Not my fault for being attacked on the street or by a bear either. Men have been raping women & young girls since prehistoric times....in every culture, every race, everywhere all over the world. Sadly...it is a fact of human existence and history.

The ancient Greeks even had a myth about one of their Gods raping a woman:

220px-The_Rape_of_Proserpina_%28Rome%29.jpg

However it is not forbidden to teach women or girls how to defend themselves.

For example:

What I'm saying is when you put the whole burden upon the victim and tell people they should be able to avoid being attacked during a convo where the sentiment over the 2A is not so favorable it comes off that way.

All I'm saying is....yes there are ways to make yourself less of a desirable target. If you have a lot of clothes on, hair down, are situationally aware and such....a would be attacker iant gonna want the hassel.

But sometimes all your deterrents are not enough and I'm sorry but a woman can take self defense class for years and she is STILL not gonna over power a man in general. Attackers KNOW you are gonna go for their eyes and dicks and shit. So they also come prepared. They are ready for a struggle. They know you are gonna try to fight.

I could be a black belt and a man can still kill me in under 5 minutes.

That's reality. Sure it's good stuff to know. But there is a reason why people call guns the equalizers.

You can also learn to shoot so well that you dont even have to kill. I could definately shoot someone and avoid killing them IF I wanted. I have really control over my weapons and my aim is good. However....if I shoot...I'm shooting to kill. He wont be able to sue me for his medical costs. Oh hell no. He is gonna die.

I also taught my daughters if you are gonna pull that trigger, shoot to kill. Dont just injure them....because that could backfire later and you could get a lawsuit or charged with some bullshit. And never shoot someone who is fleeing UNLESS they are advancing on another human OR they have a captive, then drop him.

See how Rittenhouse didnt kill Gross? All Kyle did to him was disarm him....literally lol. Clearly people dont WANT to have to kill someone with a gun but we have to be able to protect ourselves. It's a human right.

garnett

"Despicable. Insane. Unforgiveable."

fuck the fake outrage. in the city this happens weekly sometimes daily. get over it or fight back. i haven't even lived half a century and i've lost so many friends family to this shit its fucking nuts but most that did those heinous are locked up for that and other shit for good or fucking got gone in an alley way somewhere. karma collects on debts lmao

you need to just buy some shit you are good at firing with if not that get something that slices n dices well. so i've heard from a friend and shit lol. kill or be killed on the streets. the streets don't fucking care if you are a mother or not. fuck.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Why not put your talk top the test, @Joe?

When I am in Vancouver I would like to meet and have a gentleman's test of skill. Fighting skill.

I promise to stop beating you up when you say "The Prowler is My Master."

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

@Joe is delusional. He is one of the least experienced people you will ever meet, yet he thinks he is qualified to offer advice based on his own experience.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Why not put your talk top the test, @Joe?

When I am in Vancouver I would like to meet and have a gentleman's test of skill. Fighting skill.

I promise to stop beating you up when you say "The Prowler is My Master."

No I'd rather not.

You seem like a deranged psychopath @The Prowler.

Im rather concerned about you.

You know you actually need @Dove in this forum to calm you down. Her moniker/nic/handle was well chosen hence she acts as a pacifying force in this forum.

Did you forget to take your meds today Prowler? Don't forget your Xannax & Ritalin today Bud.

@Dove call your friend Prowler & calm him down. Now's your chance to be a crisis line operator.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This is the actual first time anyone on the internet has called me a "pacifying force"

I must be slipping.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This is the actual first time anyone on the internet has called me a "pacifying force"

I must be slipping.

Actually @Dove you've often remind me of Nova in Planet of the Apes:

Untamed, wild, uncivilized yet a pacifying force too.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Cold Steel makes good stuff. I got a hunting knife by them that slices through deer like butter!

Didnt know they made a shillelagh lolol.
Yeah…it’s actually a composite of polypropylene. Tough, flexible and bloody strong. Those thorn knobs along the shaft will crack open bone way easier than a standard shaft.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
No I'd rather not.

You seem like a deranged psychopath @The Prowler.

Im rather concerned about you.

You know you actually need @Dove in this forum to calm you down. Her moniker/nic/handle was well chosen hence she acts as a pacifying force in this forum.

Did you forget to take your meds today Prowler? Don't forget your Xannax & Ritalin today Bud.

@Dove call your friend Prowler & calm him down. Now's your chance to be a crisis line operator.

Actually @Joe men have been engaging in competitive combat for many centuries and it is a perfectly natural desire to want to prove your skill against another willing combatant.

But I honestly expected you to back down, Coward @Joe.

Like I said before, you are always on the outside looking in @Joe.

Never a part of the Main Attraction.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yeah you could run like Kyle Rittenhouse did and only shoot when your attackers leave you no choice

I was faster than Kyle Rittenhouse when I was his age @Biggie Smiles and @Dove

I might still be faster than him.

I notice Kyle is a fat kid, so he must be slow.

Kyle was described as slow and it showed on the news footage.

He was running, but his attackers caught up to him.

I on the other hand, outran a bear when I was closer to his age.

so my reflexes were like a gazelle's.

I suspect I'm still fast, but not sure if my bones or muscles are strong enough since I attempted and successfully completed that feat more than 30 years ago. That time I ran so fast but in the process I tore my ligaments because I suspect the body is not normally meant to withstand that kind of punishment. I ran faster than the body was meant to.

Anywas, this is what happens when you don't make it Bigly:

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Dude, I have been booted hard in the nuts. Hard enough that they and the surrounding area was black and blue afterwards. It hurt, but did not disable me. There was a deep pain that kinda took my breath away for a few seconds, but I recovered within seconds. Maybe some guys react differently.

I guess you lost that fight, eh @The Prowler?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Actually @Joe men have been engaging in competitive combat for many centuries and it is a perfectly natural desire to want to prove your skill against another willing combatant.

But I honestly expected you to back down, Coward @Joe.

Like I said before, you are always on the outside looking in @Joe.

Never a part of the Main Attraction.
Hey @The Prowler, if some guy booted you in the nuts and defeated you in a fight your issue is with him, not me.

I'm not the one who inflicted that pain and humiliation on you.

That guy was the one who done it. He defeated you

Heck, don't get even through me. Get even with him.

go after the guy who humbled and beat the shit out of you.

He's the one you need ta hunt down.

Then you can really say you got revenge.

Sorry it hurt so bad, Prowler.

But remember, I'm just a pacifist.

You're the violent guy and aggressor seeking a fight in this forum with a past enemy.

It's clearly scarred you that loss.

But don't use me as a target for your past defeats.