From this day forward, I'm only saying nice things to, and about, people.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thanks, Lotes.

I'm trying, I'm trying.

I realize that hanging out on a troll board and wanting to to spread love and ren (仁) may seem like an inherently self-contradictory activity but I don't think so.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I like people. Period. Even those who hold views or opinions that diverge from my own. In fact, I'm always super curious about what the world looks like when viewed through a pair of eyeglasses that don't belong to me. Donning a pair of "alien" eyeglasses multiplies my understanding of the world, it doesn't diminish it. Looking at the world through the eyes of another doesn't cloud my own vision, it enhances it. I welcome the opportunity. Always. For that to happen, though, I need to invite it. This forum, being a melting pot of ideologies, seems as good a place as any to do so.

Why on a troll board? Well, seems to me like an ideal place to "let my snark out." And we all have snark that needs airing once in a while. Plus, if you can get past all the robo-DiLFs and mecha-Lokmars on the board, there's a whole bunch of genuinely smart and funny people to rub elbows with, all social and political stripes confounded.

Also, I'm okay with people here trying to mischaracterize me. Such mischaracterization is just one weapon in a troll's arsenal (and, in my view, it's neither a particularly effective nor funny one--I mean, really, there are only so many "thrift store dresses" and "cheap wigs" to go around) so I never let its use by folks whose quiver is otherwise empty bother me too much. I'll take note on the day I start mischaracterizing myself. That, to me, is a no-no.

Very interesting. As they say, one day at a time. Every day spent trying is a day of learning.

I was just thinking about something today that reminds me of this in a roundabout way. There are two people here in particular whom I really, deeply love. My heart fills every time I interact with them. One of them is my almost 90-year-old widow neighbor, and one is a young waiter. I see both of them a lot, and have long "conversations" with them, but our exchanges are driven more by feelings and non-verbal signals, because my Portuguese is not at all fluent. I realized I have such strong feelings for them because I think I have gotten to know their essences, without any of the overlay of socially constructed BS like politics, religion, popular culture, etc. I really only know their essences, and it's so lovely. I imagine, if we could become really enlightened, we could interact with everyone at their essential level, and at that level, I believe almost all people are good and kind.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I imagine, if we could become really enlightened, we could interact with everyone at their essential level, and at that level, I believe almost all people are good and kind.

Still, bring a gun, just in case.

JK, Lotes!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This world can be grim enough as it is. We need more positivity, more amor, more rainbow blueprints.
That is quit admirable, Blurt. I'm always trying to move that direction also.
These things come in fits and starts. Do not demand that you succeed every day. Only that you try, and keep trying.

I really dont understand why it's so challenging to be kind and respectful towards other people.

And you've actually been trying?!

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Everybody tries, Dovey.

Yet we all fall far short of the perfection of Christ.

I say, keep plugging away. We'll get there some day.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
This world can be grim enough as it is. We need more positivity, more amor, more rainbow blueprints.

Blurt your Forum Mother Eves & Sister mimi greatly miss you at VF.

They said so in a thread & asked where Blurt was.

They are extremely lonely women.

Drop by and give them a call sometime. ..kay. ?

Yer missed by them & needed over there.

Hoo boy. You're gonna make this a tough resolution for me, Joe. No word of a lie.

Truth is, there are lonely women all over the world who greatly miss me.

Turns out what they're missing, though, is just a smart man who can make them laugh. Even you could fit that bill, Joe. If you were smart. Or funny.

At least, you'll always have that full head of hair. And that ain't nuttin', pal!

....and Don'T ferget cc!

....the lonely Old Jewish lady with Bags of money @ the blue cashew

Better keep her company & all 5 of them, eh Blurt? .

They miss you too!

Lol has CC claimed to be loaded?

She's been leading the Asian elder rebellion against me over on the Chank Pit during my recent visit.

Those Jews sure know how to hold a grudge, she's still mad that I blew her cover.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Everybody tries, Dovey.

I dont struggle to be kind and respectful to other human beings and that is likely why shitty ones feel safe trying to treat me like shit thinking I'll take it with a smile.

But I'm a Leo. So...

I guess getting called a disgusting pig, an ignorant slut, told I'm held in "contempt" just because I want inner city kids to have access to better schools goes down a bit sweeter knowing they TRIED to be kind, but just couldn't.

High fives for tryin!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Next time I get accused of sex abuse, at least I know they tried to not be a cretin. It's really hard for some.

Big high fives!!!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Everybody tries, Dovey.

I dont struggle to be kind and respectful to other human beings and that is likely why shitty ones feel safe trying to treat me like shit thinking I'll take it with a smile.

But I'm a Leo. So...

I guess getting called a disgusting pig, an ignorant slut, told I'm held in "contempt" just because I want inner city kids to have access to better schools goes down a bit sweeter knowing they TRIED to be kind, but just couldn't.

High fives for tryin!

^^Permanent victim!