Going to go take a 3-mile

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Aint got no castles around here, so I dont think Im doing the same lol.

Its also raining today.

I did walk through the forest yesterday, and got me a nice 9 pointer! Gonna be some good eating this year.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Aint got no castles around here, so I dont think Im doing the same lol.

Its also raining today.

I did walk through the forest yesterday, and got me a nice 9 pointer! Gonna be some good eating this year.
Yeah. I know you ain't got no 11th century castles surrounded by the "royal forest" there. LOL

They don't allow hunting in the castle forest. Thank god.

It just started raining. Shit! But it is not supposed to rain at all tomorrow. Walk postponed. I don't feel like walking in the mud.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Yeah. I know you ain't got no 11th century castles surrounded by the "royal forest" there. LOL

They don't allow hunting in the castle forest. Thank god.

It just started raining. Shit! But it is not supposed to rain at all tomorrow. Walk postponed. I don't feel like walking in the mud.

lol, I dont blame you on the mud walk. Hope it goes good tomorrow! I love hiking. Take a couple pics if you can!

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Okay. Local story. The other day I saw my almost-90-year-old neighbor walking down the street with a cane, carrying a big pot of flowers. I figured she was going to the cemetery, so I offered her a ride. It would have taken her forever to walk there. Took her to the little churchyard and I helped her clean her husband's grave and replace the flowers. She then took me around and introduced me to all her dead relatives, including the cousin who owned our house. It was very sweet. She doesn't speak a single word of English, so I always learn a little more Portuguese when I hang out with her.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
lol, I dont blame you on the mud walk. Hope it goes good tomorrow! I love hiking. Take a couple pics if you can!
I can, but will I post them here? Prolly not. I'll give you a stock photo of our famous castle and forest.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Castelo-Tomar-Portugal.jpg

DJI_0034-X2.jpg

There are quite a few trails in there, some with some elevation gains.

Last edited:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Okay. Local story. The other day I saw my almost-90-year-old neighbor walking down the street with a cane, carrying a big pot of flowers. I figured she was going to the cemetery, so I offered her a ride. It would have taken her forever to walk there. Took her to the little churchyard and I helped her clean her husband's grave and replace the flowers. She then took me around and introduced me to all her dead relatives, including the cousin who owned our house. It was very sweet. She doesn't speak a single word of English, so I always learn a little more Portuguese when I hang out with her.

I always knew you had a bigger heart than Oak :GiggleBitch:

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I always knew you had a bigger heart than Oak :GiggleBitch:
I absolutely adore my little lady neighbors. They are sisters, and the owner of my house was their cousin. The other sister and I have taken to dancing in the street because she loves to dance and she knows I'll take a few spins with her. They are dear to my heart.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I absolutely adore my little lady neighbors. They are sisters, and the owner of my house was their cousin. The other sister and I have taken to dancing in the street because she loves to dance and she knows I'll take a few spins with her. They are dear to my heart.

Thats the spirit!!! I love dancing too. I'd even spin around with ya too Lotus lol.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Mud washes off.
I would have taken the walk.
But then I've always been somewhat indifferent to climatic circumstances unless they're really bad.

Or unless it's too cold.
Screw that coldness nonsense for a game of silly buggers.

LoL

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Mud washes off.
But then I've always been somewhat indifferent to climatic circumstances unless they're really bad.

Or unless it's too cold.

LoL
Yeah. I often do hike in the mud. But today I'm just not feeling it. I think because the rain is cold, and it's so nice in here, and tomorrow, no rain.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Yeah. I often do hike in the mud. But today I'm just not feeling it. I think because the rain is cold, and it's so nice in here, and tomorrow, no rain.

Cold is the one weather factor that will always turn me from a "yes" to a "no" in a hurry.

If I was meant to be out in cold weather I'd have been born with waaaay more fur. Heh

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Ich spreche viele Sprachen, aber Portugiesisch ist zu schwer und contradictorio! Verstand sie Frau LotusBuddie? ;)
I only said one thing, to rancid, in Portuguese, because he said something to me in Portuguese. I know he understands. Anyone else who wants to understand can look it up. You spoke directly to me in German. I don't know any German. See how that works?

É verdade que o português é difícil, no entanto.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I only said one thing, to rancid, in Portuguese, because he said something to me in Portuguese. I know he understands. Anyone else who wants to understand can look it up. You spoke directly to me in German. I don't know any German. See how that works?

É verdade que o português é difícil, no entanto.
Oh I was only seeing how your Poro was going. The German language is so easy to pick up. Having known Afrikaans…even Dutch is piss-easy. I have a few languages under my belt, but not fluent. Practice…practice.
:PuffPuffPass:

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Oh I was only seeing how your Poro was going. The German language is so easy to pick up. Having known Afrikaans…even Dutch is piss-easy. I have a few languages under my belt, but not fluent. Practice…practice.
:PuffPuffPass:
Oh, okey dokey then. Yes. You have to speak the language with other people, and all the time, to learn as an adult.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well… Skunks, tons of Howler Monkeys, Coatis, Iguanas, Raccoons, Armadillos, Snakes, Parrots, Tree Squirrels. Oh yea, now that tourist season has begun. Lots of dogs.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Mud washes off.

Or unless it's too cold.

LoL

I got good at it when I was in Seattle because you don’t really have much of a choice when it rains 8 months out of the year… and once you get the right gear, it’s a lot of fun.

Forks Washington was the wildest hiking adventure I had before I left Washington. My hiking bestie and I were doing 6-16 miles daily and drove for 12 hours through dense forest both ways and it was too wet and slime covered to safely hike… but the Twilight stuff was cool to browse once we got into town.

It was one of our last adventuress. I need to get back up there and have another adventure soon.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I got good at it when I was in Seattle because you don’t really have much of a choice when it rains 8 months out of the year… and once you get the right gear, it’s a lot of fun.

Forks Washington was the wildest hiking adventure I had before I left Washington. My hiking bestie and I were doing 6-16 miles daily and drove for 12 hours through dense forest both ways and it was too wet and slime covered to safely hike… but the Twilight stuff was cool to browse once we got into town.

It was one of our last adventuress. I need to get back up there and have another adventure soon.

I loved it when I was there. I got to do several hikes visiting my lil Bro. Mount Rainier was awesome, but couldnt hike above 6000 feet cause my bro's asthma kicked in.

You right about the rain lol. At least its usually a misty rain. Here when it rains, it RAINS! lol