Smoking A Joint and Going Straight To Bed?!

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't understand why people do this. When I smoke a joint I like to enjoy the high by gaming or watching TV. Going straight to bed seems like a waste to me. You?

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I assume they want to sleep better.
My brother and a friend do it. They smoke joints all day and into the evening and still smoke one right before bed. How relaxed do they have to be? lol

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't smoke pot but I have a hard time sleeping. So now it makes me want to try gummies so I can sleep. What I don't get it why won't people just chew a gummy instead of smoking? Pot smell is gross. Jmho

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I don't understand why people do this. When I smoke a joint I like to enjoy the high by gaming or watching TV. Going straight to bed seems like a waste to me. You?

Admittedly I can't speak as authoritatively on this subject as I could oh, three decades ago? Something like that.

But I tend to agree with you... smoking immediately before going to bed seems like a terrible waste of a buzz; I would think the mellowness of coming down off a buzz would be a better time to hit the sack. Maybe it gives them more vivid dreams or something?

But again I have very limited experience with today's SuperWeed so it's entirely possible that I'm just missing something they think is obvious about toking up right before snoozeville.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't smoke pot but I have a hard time sleeping. So now it makes me want to try gummies so I can sleep. What I don't get it why won't people just chew a gummy instead of smoking? Pot smell is gross. Jmho
I've never tried edibles before but I think that they are more of a body stone.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Also, the act of smoking is an enjoyably relaxing activity. It's the most fun you can have while doing nothing. :D I'll smoke the occasional cigarette too.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
My brother and a friend do it. They smoke joints all day and into the evening and still smoke one right before bed. How relaxed do they have to be? lol
May e they have high tolerance
or really like weed

X

xXx
Site Supporter
for me smoaking before bed calms the racing thoughts, allows me a sort of tranquil euphoric state, as tho I’m enveloped in a cocoon of bliss
smoaking the rong weed could result in monkey brain, turbo racing thoughts, time to get up open a beer fuck sleep
@Moonpie
gummies and spliffs are two diff things .

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Are your cousins married
maybe they need to get high because their wife is ugly
i mean your bro and friend sorry

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

So a website run by a company that makes its money selling addiction treatment claims people can get physically addicted to marijuana? Seems legit.

Maybe I missed it, but did they include any objective peer-reviewed studies that back up their claim?

That would be far more helpful than linking a commercial for treatment centers.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"After examining the acute and long-term effects of cannabis, CUD appears to conform to the general patterns of changes described in the Koob and Volkow model of addiction. Previous preclinical and clinical studies indicate that features of the three stages of drug addiction described by Koob and Volkow are also present in cannabis addiction (Fig.
), although these findings may not be as robust as other drugs of abuse."

Not "addiction" but cannabis use disorder that conforms to the Koob and Volkow model of addiction. Hmmm...

eta because well, funny : "Chronic cannabis use is also associated with the presence of cannabis cue-induced craving after abstinence (Filbey et al.
; Norberg et al.
), a hallmark of the preoccupation/anticipation stage of the Koob and Volkow framework (
). The presence of cannabis cue-induced craving seems to be related to the loss of executive control over excessive salience for cannabis (Norberg et al.
). In addition, chronic cannabis use has been linked to impaired memory and IQ, suggesting changes in executive functioning after chronic cannabis use. However, IQ deficits appear to be present before initiation of cannabis use which may suggest that lower IQ could be a risk factor for cannabis addiction (Jackson et al.
)"

:LOL3::LOL3::LOL3::LOL3::LOL3:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Way better then cigarettes hon

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
for me smoaking before bed calms the racing thoughts, allows me a sort of tranquil euphoric state, as tho I’m enveloped in a cocoon of bliss
smoaking the rong weed could result in monkey brain, turbo racing thoughts, time to get up open a beer fuck sleep
@Moonpie
gummies and spliffs are two diff things .
Yeah I'm not an experienced edible gal but my sil is and she calls them gummies. Don't know. I can only have a quarter of it. I'm so weak. lol

Last edited: