Gonna Do The Crack!!!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Well, not 100% sure yet...but I think my wife is downstairs planning a July camping trip where we will do The Crack.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

It is a wonderful, sometimes challenging, hike that has some amazing lookouts:

Crack-Killarney-Title.jpg

Speaking of The Crack, get your nose out of my ass crack, Senile @Joe.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Enjoy…did a bit of coastal caving with the missus today. Weather was sunny, but brisk. The hike to the caves was sweet with some amazing vistas.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Enjoy…did a bit of coastal caving with the missus today. Weather was sunny, but brisk. The hike to the caves was sweet with some amazing vistas.

Caves are cool. I got stuck in a tight crevice once because I had a boner. I had to think of something gross to lose my boner. I thought of @Murdy . Lost the boner nearly instantly. Slipped right through the crevice, no problem.

We walked our dog today...turned into a 2 hour walk...normally we only go out for about an hour...he just wanted to keep going!!

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Our camping trip up there has been booked. We are staying at a Provincial Park in our travel trailer. Going to bring our kayaks along to paddle around some of the many lakes.

And we are planning to hike The Crack with our dog.

These are the kinds of parts of trails that can be tough for dogs:

l-ascension-du-randonneur-le-crack-la-cloche-silhouette-trail-killarney-provincial-park-ontario-canada-r848er.jpg

Dogs can have a difficult time finding good footing with their small feet (relative to our large hiking boots). I have a harness for my dog that has a handle on the back that I can use as a carrying handle. He weighs about 70 pounds though, so if I have to carry him through challenging parts of a trail, it can really make my job more difficult.

There is a chance that we will run into a spot that is too dangerous to go with my dog and I will have to turn around, bring him back, and then do the hike without him. We have been on a few hikes already that I have caught him when he was in the process of falling - once off a cliff and once off a very steep hill where he would have landed on some sharp rocks. Sometimes he gets a little careless.

If I saw @Joe losing his balance near the edge of a cliff and my dog losing his balance at the edge of the same cliff at the same time, I would grab my dog first and bring him to safety. Then I would go to @Joe.

And give him a kick in the ass.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Well, not 100% sure yet...but I think my wife is downstairs planning a July camping trip where we will do The Crack.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

It is a wonderful, sometimes challenging, hike that has some amazing lookouts:

Crack-Killarney-Title.jpg

Speaking of The Crack, get your nose out of my ass crack, Senile @Joe.