Happy Birthday Linda Ronstadt

wizer

Factory Bastard
I don't understand the point of posting about the birthday of a celebrity or other well known person. Even if you like their music, or you like them or whatever it is they're known for.

So what they're a year older, they don't know that we know, they don't give a rat's ass when it's OUR birthday so why waste our time and bandwidth acknowledging THEIR birthday?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't understand the point of posting about the birthday of a celebrity or other well known person. Even if you like their music, or you like them or whatever it is they're known for.

So what they're a year older, they don't know that we know, they don't give a rat's ass when it's OUR birthday so why waste our time and bandwidth acknowledging THEIR birthday?
Thank you for your sniveling whine. Duly noted.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

How about don't worry about it?

wizer

Factory Bastard
I wonder why people post about meaningless things.

I see it all the time, in between stuff actually worth reading.

It's more baffling when the person writing the meaningless stuff makes a big deal about stuff other people post- to the point of actually banning them because they don't want to read that other stuff that people write.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I wonder why people post about meaningless things.

I see it all the time, in between stuff actually worth reading.

It's more baffling when the person writing the meaningless stuff makes a big deal about stuff other people post- to the point of actually banning them because they don't want to read that other stuff that people write.

Who is banning people for simply writing things that they don't like? Second, why don't you take up the bannings with the forum owner?

I don't see how this fits in with the music sub.

wizer

Factory Bastard
It was my understanding that several members were banned because they posted things that the people who run this place didn't like.

So I question why those posters were banned for posting about important happenings in the world when others who post nonsense such as "happy birthday famous person" or "here's a picture of someone eating a turd" can keep right on posting and their efforts are even applauded.

It defies any sort of logic and common sense.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It was my understanding that several members were banned because they posted things that the people who run this place didn't like.

So I question why those posters were banned for posting about important happenings in the world when others who post nonsense such as "happy birthday famous person" or "here's a picture of someone eating a turd" can keep right on posting and their efforts are even applauded.

It defies any sort of logic and common sense.

You understand incorrectly. There is a no politics rule currently. They kept breaking the rule. The politics sub was eliminated.

They flouted the rule and have been flouting those rules for months. You don't have to like that rule, but if it's a rule, you can be sanctioned.

They were actually banned for being disruptive and using politics as their cudgel, imo.

However, I still question why music sub and why not call out the owner?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm happy just to see folks posting, regardless of what it is. I've been on forums that where as dead as disco and it sucked ass.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm happy just to see folks posting, regardless of what it is. I've been on forums that where as dead as disco and it sucked ass.

Good point. And you're right, it is something that those who choose to, can respond and spur a conversation.

I enjoy Linda Rondstadt a good deal, English and Spanish. She had a terrific voice and I'm sorry she can't sing anymore.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Good point. And you're right, it is something that those who choose to, can respond and spur a conversation.

I enjoy Linda Rondstadt a good deal, English and Spanish. She had a terrific voice and I'm sorry she can't sing anymore.
Very, very talented woman indeed.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
But Linda doesn't care about your birthday when it comes around.

Linda doesn't even know you exist.

Seems unfair.

She's an accomplished and well-known artist. She has fans.

My fan base is much much much much smaller, just a dozen or so folks, and they're mostly my family. lol

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
And some of them don't really enjoy that part of their life.

I know I wouldn't.
Being famous does indeed has it's pros and cons. Michael Jordan said one time that he'd love to just be able to go out to a public bar or restaurant without mobs of people approaching him. I once saw a video of Miley Cyrus losing her shit over fans taking photos. Although I can see that kind of shit would get on anyone's nerves, the thing is, if you are famous and raking in all of that cash, you have to be willing to deal with the shit that comes along with it.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Not from me.
Hello wizer,

I agree with you in part, and I see what you are saying and you're aren't alone. Many feel the same way you do. It's just human nature. It's not like celebs demand that fans recognize their birthday or any other special day in their lives, their fans simply respect them and enjoy following their day to day activities. Look at Twitter and FB for Christ's sake. Celebs get all the love. Celebrities have accomplished things in their lives things that many of us only dream of and that is a very attractive thing to many people.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Being famous does indeed has it's pros and cons. Michael Jordan said one time that he'd love to just be able to go out to a public bar or restaurant without mobs of people approaching him. I once saw a video of Miley Cyrus losing her shit over fans taking photos. Although I can see that kind of shit would get on anyone's nerves, the thing is, if you are famous and raking in all of that cash, you have to be willing to deal with the shit that comes along with it.

I agree. It does come with the territory.