Hello Wonderful People

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm feeling like maybe going to the record store. I was going to go yesterday after work but told myself 'NO.' I'm gonna drink a beer, take a few hits and think about it. All of the good stuff he posted is probably gone, so I won't be tempted to spend a lot of money. I'm just feeling like I'm about to get antsy and might need to do something for fun.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I inherited all my Mom's old albums, and 45s. Fuck, I need to get my stereo fixed, the one with the turntable lol.

Reactions: X

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I inherited all my Mom's old albums, and 45s. Fuck, I need to get my stereo fixed, the one with the turntable lol.
Best advice I can give is buy a Audio Technica turntable with Bluetooth capabilities and decent enough wireless speakers to connect to it. That's what I'm gonna do when I get around to it.

It's probably cost (and quality) effective to throw that shit away rather than fix it. The Audio Technica setup won't set you back an arm and a leg.

OR you could get what I've been using and it's pretty sweet. It sounds great with the wood box and built-in speakers. It's loud enough to fill a room with music but I mostly just sit beside it like it's a friend of mine and I can adjust the volume. LOL

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Best advice I can give is buy a Audio Technica turntable with Bluetooth capabilities and decent enough wireless speakers to connect to it. That's what I'm gonna do when I get around to it.

It's probably cost (and quality) effective to throw that shit away rather than fix it. The Audio Technica setup won't set you back an arm and a leg.

OR you could get what I've been using and it's pretty sweet. It sounds great with the wood box and built-in speakers. It's loud enough to fill a room with music but I mostly just sit beside it like it's a friend of mine and I can adjust the volume. LOL

I've even seen a cheap record player for $50 that I can connect to my current set up. But I think my old shit can be fixed locally for $100. It would power my old speakers, which are awesome as fuck lol. Big wood box, with a 12" and 2 mids and 2 tweets, each speaker. Got complained on when I lived with Mom with them hahahahaha. Got that whole set up when I was 14 for $75.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
I just got back from the record store and came home with a nice haul without spending too much money. It's all used vinyl.

I dumped all my vinyl about a decade ago, sad in a way but imo old tech. If I'd known I woulf of mailed you a load as your taste seems half decent. I had Sex Pistols, the clash, meatloaf and many others.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I dumped all my vinyl about a decade ago, sad in a way but imo old tech. If I'd known I woulf of mailed you a load as your taste seems half decent. I had Sex Pistols, the clash, meatloaf and many others.
I had vinyl from when I was in high school. Not much, though. Mostly what I had growing up were cassette tapes and I started buying CDs when they became more affordable. I have hundreds of CDs and I sort of did the same but never got rid of them. Digital downloads became a thing and I said 'I'M NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY A CD, AGAIN.' LOL

Here I am, buying records and potentially creating too much clutter. It sounds great, though and I like it and it makes me happy. That's all that matters. I don't have a modern state of the art stereo system and a room full of sound. I threw a bunch of old stereo components away when I moved but I still have a couple in the closet. I might never use them again but they're there if I want to use them.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I had vinyl from when I was in high school. Not much, though. Mostly what I had growing up were cassette tapes and I started buying CDs when they became more affordable. I have hundreds of CDs and I sort of did the same but never got rid of them. Digital downloads became a thing and I said 'I'M NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY A CD, AGAIN.' LOL

Here I am, buying records and potentially creating too much clutter. It sounds great, though and I like it and it makes me happy. That's all that matters. I don't have a modern state of the art stereo system and a room full of sound. I threw a bunch of old stereo components away when I moved but I still have a couple in the closet. I might never use them again but they're there if I want to use them.

My first records, was a collection of classic symphony music hahaha. Gifted to me by my Great Aunt, I "think" when I was in 3rd grade. First album I bought, I think I was in 6th grade, Fat Boys - Crushin' :LOL3:

Before I bought it, I use to call the DJ on the local Black radio station, and requested them play Wipeout by them. They would play my voice too lol. Those were the good ol' days of radio.... calling and requesting songs. Sitting by the tape player ready to hit record when it came on hahaha.

iu

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I gave all mine away. Got tired of moving them

I could never give away my Mom's records, too many good memories of us picking out records to listen too. She would sing them, I would dance lol. Mostly Motown music.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
My first records, was a collection of classic symphony music hahaha. Gifted to me by my Great Aunt, I "think" when I was in 3rd grade. First album I bought, I think I was in 6th grade, Fat Boys - Crushin' :LOL3:

Before I bought it, I use to call the DJ on the local Black radio station, and requested them play Wipeout by them. They would play my voice too lol. Those were the good ol' days of radio.... calling and requesting songs. Sitting by the tape player ready to hit record when it came on hahaha.

iu
I shoveled driveways to get enough to buy that tape. lol

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I shoveled driveways to get enough to buy that tape. lol

Lol, awesome!!! I wanted it jus for the Wipeout song lol. But "Protect yourself, my nutz!" was a good one too lol. I still got that album lol. I got most my cassette tapes too, but a lot got stolen one day.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Lol, awesome!!! I wanted it jus for the Wipeout song lol. But "Protect yourself, my nutz!" was a good one too lol. I still got that album lol. I got most my cassette tapes too, but a lot got stolen one day.
Between the sheets...buh buh buh bubba bump.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

iu
I remember my first 45.from my ouma. It was Johnny Cash’s Sea Of Heartbreak:

Or possibly this cat, I can’t really remember, I was around 6 years old or so…

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Tom, the record store guy, is British and everything is 'Hey, mate.' 'That's a great choice, Mate.' See you again soon, mate.' It was a slow day and I was the only person in the store. He had a personal project going on with the store. 'Sorry, mate.' He's a drummer in a band and I think they had a gig this past weekend. He had his drum stuff all over the place and he was back and forth and checking on me. He said at one point that once he gets something in his mind, he has to get it done. At another point, he said that he thought he had around 10,000 albums and CDs but he did a rough inventory and it was more like 14,000. WOW.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Tom, the record store guy, is British and everything is 'Hey, mate.' 'That's a great choice, Mate.' See you again soon, mate.' It was a slow day and I was the only person in the store. He had a personal project going on with the store. 'Sorry, mate.' He's a drummer in a band and I think they had a gig this past weekend. He had his drum stuff all over the place and he was back and forth and checking on me. He said at one point that once he gets something in his mind, he has to get it done. At another point, he said that he thought he had around 10,000 albums and CDs but he did a rough inventory and it was more like 14,000. WOW.

Thats a lotta vinyl mate!

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Thats a lotta vinyl mate!
It's hard to move around in there! I have no idea what he has in the crates on the floor and I haven't bothered to ask or look.

There's a guitar shop next door and they have a back room where they occasionally host gigs. They're doing one tonight with one of their guitar teachers performing and Tom's band is going to play for a bit - The Bottom Buzzers. LOL If I need something to do this evening, I might go down there but I probably won't. I'm home from work, I'm tired and I'm 'getting a little too relaxed.' Who knows, I might get a second wind and start feeling antsy.

A cool thing that's happening is there is a brew pub opening sometime soon on the other side of the record store with a big back courtyard. That could be fun, especially since it's within walking distance. AND I also have a friend from work who lives a couple or so streets away from me. We don't work in the same store anymore but we keep in touch and hang out. He likes to have get-togethers at his house with former work friends. I could see us sending a text on a random day when we both had bad days at work. "Wanna go for a beer, motherfucker?"

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
It's hard to move around in there! I have no idea what he has in the crates on the floor and I haven't bothered to ask or look.

There's a guitar shop next door and they have a back room where they occasionally host gigs. They're doing one tonight with one of their guitar teachers performing and Tom's band is going to play for a bit - The Bottom Buzzers. LOL If I need something to do this evening, I might go down there but I probably won't. I'm home from work, I'm tired and I'm 'getting a little too relaxed.' Who knows, I might get a second wind and start feeling antsy.

A cool thing that's happening is there is a brew pub opening sometime soon on the other side of the record store with a big back courtyard. That could be fun, especially since it's within walking distance. AND I also have a friend from work who lives a couple or so streets away from me. We don't work in the same store anymore but we keep in touch and hang out. He likes to have get-togethers at his house with former work friends. I could see us sending a text on a random day when we both had bad days at work. "Wanna go for a beer, motherfucker?"

Lol, I get like that sometimes.... tired from work and not wanna go, but once I get there, and have a beer, that second wind kicks in!!! Cool on the brewery!!!!

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I ordered DoorDash from a local pizza/sub shop, listened to Little Feat and went to bed. It was a good evening.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I ordered DoorDash from a local pizza/sub shop, listened to Little Feat and went to bed. It was a good evening.

Pizza puts me right to sleep too lol. My friend came over for a bit last night. For dinner I had fried pork chops and black eyed peas. Good evening here too.

Gonna be a Wonderful Day today!!!!