I have resigned my mod position....

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
What consequences? I could put you, Caskur and others on ignore and then what?

You do ignore, @Lily.

You ignore when your back is against the wall and you cannot lie your way out of it....

Like, for instance....

I am putting this in Meltdown because I do not think I will get a respectful reaction from @Lily.

But this is what @Lily just said about 20 minutes ago....

Now, check this out....

This was on Sunday....

And this was also from Sunday in a different thread, speaking about @Flynn...

So (once again), @Lily is contradicting something she said in the recent past.

So, @Lily, the question is.....

Are you lying?

Or are you going through some sort of mental trauma?
Seriously, are your memories becoming distorted? Did you think you were telling the truth when you gave two opposite accounts of the same thing?

Just try to be honest, @Lily.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I asked a question.

If you cannot answer my question... just say so, don't deflect.
Unlike you and a couple of others I don't share certain things. No offense Omni but I wouldn't trust you with my grocery list. When certain people tell me things I don't divulge it. This thread is one good reason why.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Alty's been acting all tough ever since I called him a milquetoast pansy.

I don't know why. I'm sure it's not anything he hasn't heard before.
I was once accused of being the Antichrist by the mother of an 8yo at a chess tournament because I wouldn't let him take a move back.

Aylana

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The only drama free forum is TWAP's...the only breaking news they ever have is if a member breaks his hip.

I noticed VF had Mr. Bigglesworth's photo and work info up for hours, maybe they ought find out who posted that. I sure would not sign up at VF, they probably will make Flynn a mod there soon.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The only drama free forum is TWAP's...the only breaking news they ever have is if a member breaks his hip.

I noticed VF had Mr. Bigglesworth's photo and work info up for hours, maybe they ought find out who posted that. I sure would not sign up at VF, they probably will make Flynn a mod there soon.

It was there for many hours. I wonder how many people had a chance to save the info?

Like I said in another thread, some used his name to try to register at cbt.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
VF has no need of any more mods.

As a former Global Mod and Co-Admin there, I can testify that VF pretty much runs itself. The owner has a policy in place she considers to be at the root of that board’s longevity and success; namely, the best moderating is done by the owner’s participating in the fray and engaging with the membership. Also: her Mods are stealth—they have a dual handle, one for modding and one for shooting the shit with peeps and they’re very good at not mixing the two.

It seems to work.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
VF has no need of any more mods.

As a former Global Mod and Co-Admin there, I can testify that VF pretty much runs itself. The owner has a policy in place she considers to be at the root of that board’s longevity and success; namely, the best moderating is done by the owner’s participating in the fray and engaging with the membership. Also: her Mods are stealth—they have a dual handle, one for modding and one for shooting the shit with peeps and they’re very good at not mixing the two.

It seems to work.

I think membership doesn't need to know who the mods are, it suits no purpose other than to create drama.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I would never accept a mod position. I found it a burden when often mods didn't enforce rules. If I've said this once, I've said it 100x. If you don't want to enforce rules, don't have them.

It is like bad parenting. Having rules that you enforce inconsistently is asking for tantrums from the "problem child".

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
I've always found that in parenting positive reinforcement and being a good example were key.
Mods are not parents. Users are not their children. blerg

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've always found that in parenting positive reinforcement and being a good example were key.
Mods are not parents. Users are not their children. blerg

Well, we're not parents and I didn't say it was parenting. That was a metaphor. However, what is the utility in having rules that are never enforced? Care to explain?

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
neither the parent nor the janitor metaphors work for me
maybe zoo keepers?

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
that is a question for the site owner
i'd say they are general (and hopefully helpful) user guidelines and legal requirements