I'm going Up the River (wonder what the kids'll make-a-that)

Holliday

Banned
Banned
Goin up to the big res to do a bit of Smallie fishing - so you won't hear from me for a coupla days.
I mention it so you don't worry for me.
I don't need you to worry for me
I can do that all myself.

Weather kind of sketchy what with all the T-Storms
but it'll be all right
I'm well provisioned and them Smallies don't stand a chance.

Any fishermen here?
Oh - certainly not - it's sort of a man thing.
Momentarily forgot my audience's character.

Well - enjoy my absence.

smallmouthBassSection.png

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned
Wow, so much drama to simply say

gonefishin.jpg

Have a relaxing time .
Jeez, pal - you didn't even ask how my fishing trip went.
What kind of pal doesn't ask how a pal's fishing trip went?

I mean, sure - I can understand that Mr Wimple not asking,
but from you I expect better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned
How was your fishing trip?
Okay. Very tiring hiking the scree on the Res banks. Very steep.
Fish sleepy.

Did you catch a lot of fish? And what do you do with the fish you catch?
First day not so bad,
second day not so good.
T-Storms probably drove them deep.
Still, some strikes on top,
but no hookups except one dink.
Locals complained it was an off day also.
Seemed to like the Spook Jr
Should have had a black spook
would have made a better target
than the bone color given the overcast conditions.

Fish go back to grow more and make babies.

Trout I occasionally fish for a meal.
Bass is for sport.

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned
I like fishing but we don't have any Bass this far north. My fav fresh water fish to eat is walleye followed by perch.

Pike get big and are fun to catch but they are to boney to eat.
You in the Taiga? Must be plenty far north if no Smallmouth bass.
Some lakes/rivers/reservoirs here have Northern and Musky. I never fished them.
I catch their little cousins, Pickerel and dread them. Too many sharp teeth, slimy, squirmy
got huge mouths that take down whole lures deep. Last year I caught a moderate sided one on a Sexy Dawg Jr. I lifted it by the line clear of the water and was like
Where the fuck's my lure? I had to head the thing and 15 minutes later recovered it having carved away
bit by bit that whole head down to the gills.
The only way I've heard that they can be cooked to deal with the bones is to cube the flesh then boil it.
That'll soften them little bones and make them consumable.

Last edited:

Mr. Whipple

brilliantly insane
Site Supporter
Goin up to the big res to do a bit of Smallie fishing - so you won't hear from me for a coupla days.

but it'll be all right

Any fishermen here?

Well - enjoy my absence.

did you go fishing here ?
the-great-sacandaga-lake-map-sean-conti.jpg

Succubus

Entertain me you boring fucks.....
Site Supporter
I love to catch catfish. My favorite fish to eat....flounder and salmon coming in second. Any of you ever go fly fishing? I've tried but I am NOT good at it. I am patient when it comes to fishing (of course that comes with the sport) but fly fishing to me is difficult.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I love to catch catfish. My favorite fish to eat....flounder and salmon coming in second. Any of you ever go fly fishing? I've tried but I am NOT good at it. I am patient when it comes to fishing (of course that comes with the sport) but fly fishing to me is difficult.

It's not hard,you just need a few pointers ! Find a fly shop near you that give's lessons and to bad you are not by me in the heart of some of the best fishing in Calif. and in fact had a place on Hat Creek with 180 feet of water front. Buney Falls was 11 mile's from me >>>

13909196-1068504679885852-4762496040864523255-o.jpg

Succubus

Site Supporter

It's not hard,you just need a few pointers ! Find a fly shop near you that give's lessons and to bad you are not by me in the heart of some of the best fishing in Calif. and in fact had a place on Hat Creek with 180 feet of water front. Buney Falls was 11 mile's from me >>>

13909196-1068504679885852-4762496040864523255-o.jpg

It's so beautiful! The closest thing near here that looks like that is Lake Bowen Dam, lol. Not much of a pretty picture like yours but has some fish in it. If you fish off the damn there are plenty of catfish to catch but its dangerous. I think it would be cool to take fishing lessons from you. It'd be nice to go fishing with you. :)

Succubus

Site Supporter
Fish sleepy.

First day not so bad,
second day not so good.

Bass is for sport.

When you say Tstorms probably drove them deep thats kinda odd....usually, fish come to the surface and bite better after a good rain because the rain washes all the food down the banks.

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned
We got some pretty big cats in the river for those who fish them. Met an older feller down there recently - he had 3 or 4 nice catfish - one was I would say a good 10 lbs. Says he marinates them a couple of days to make em edible though.

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned
Fish sleepy.

First day not so bad,
second day not so good.

Bass is for sport.

When you say Tstorms probably drove them deep thats kinda odd....usually, fish come to the surface and bite better after a good rain because the rain washes all the food down the banks.
Yes, rain, but not electrical storms. The tricity worries them.

Succubus

Site Supporter
We got some pretty big cats in the river for those who fish them. Met an older feller down there recently - he had 3 or 4 nice catfish - one was I would say a good 10 lbs. Says he marinates them a couple of days to make em edible though.

I like mine battered and fried. :) Lemon juice and hot sauce.

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned

but it'll be all right

Any fishermen here?

Well - enjoy my absence.

did you go fishing here ?
the-great-sacandaga-lake-map-sean-conti.jpg
Oh, hey.
Look what Whimple pulled out of his ass. :ThumbsUp2:

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned

I like mine battered and fried.
Well I treat mine more kindly than that. I dispatch them quick and clean, causing as little distress as possible to the sacrificial fish, then just a little butter and onions. Yum.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

I love some fried catfish, also followed by salmon and flounder lol. Must be a Southern thang. My brother lives in Seattle, if you ever get out that way, you MUST try the salmon if you like salmon.

X

xXx
Site Supporter

I like mine battered and fried.
Well I treat mine more kindly than that. I dispatch them quick and clean, causing as little distress as possible to the sacrificial fish, then just a little butter and onions. Yum.

Hey I was curious ... do you feel some sort of compulsion to answer each ANd EVERY post ??
Does it eat at your ass to pass one by ?