I'm thinking about selling my mansion

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Yes folks, that 7 bedroom, 2 office beautiful palace on 2 acres of wonderful greenery that has the 15 car driveway, Olympic size pool and 8 person whirlpool spa in the backyard

Current estimates are close to 1.2 million and I bought the thing for 425,000 just three short years ago

I mean -- hell -- with a profit like that I'd be willing to rent for a few years until after the looming recession then buy again

of course, you know me, I'd rent something luxurious of course

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yes folks, that 7 bedroom, 2 office beautiful palace on 2 acres of wonderful greenery that has the 15 car driveway, Olympic size pool and 8 person whirlpool spa in the backyard

Current estimates are close to 1.2 million and I bought the thing for 425,000 just three short years ago

I mean -- hell -- with a profit like that I'd be willing to rent for a few years until after the looming recession then buy again

...Is that' all it's worth bigly?

Heck in my city your place would be worth 10 x that much.

By comparison to where I live land/real estate must be cheap in Florida.

1.2 woud buy ya just a condo or townhouse in Vancouver

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Vancouver is a toilet

If that be the case, it's sure becmin' one expensive toilet Bigly

Tooo much laundered offshore Chiense money here.

Your Governor Abbott is right to ban them from Texas if he can, eh?

States considering the same measures should do it as well.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

@Joe $1.2 mil USD is over $1.6 mil CAD.

Here are fully detached houses in Vancouver selling in the $1.5-1.7 mil range:

5 bedroom, 2 bathroom

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

3 bedroom, 4 bathroom

4 bedroom, 3 bathroom

2 bedroom, 3 bathroom

6 bedroom, 5 bathroom

Why do you lie so much, @Joe?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Vancouver is a toilet

I pity the poor pricks who live there.

They must be stuck in a bad situation that they cannot get out of...

I am going to be there for a few days before my Alaskan Cruise. I plan to see all the nice spots in the city.

I think 2 days will give us more time than we need.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I pity the poor pricks who live there.

They must be stuck in a bad situation that they cannot get out of...

I am going to be there for a few days before my Alaskan Cruise. I plan to see all the nice spots in the city.

I think 2 days will give us more time than we need.

Actually @The Prowler I plan to get out of Vancouver sometime in the future.

At least live part time somewhere else. Just live on a piece of land outside of the city that i can own outright maybe with a trailer like @Dove. I wouldn't mind, since the city is kinda turning ta shit with all the drugs and homelessness these days.

Those real estate listings you posted show just how expensive the city has become

For example, some of the cheaper ones you posted are just 'duplex', meaning that you don't get a whole house.

You would just get 1/2 or 1/3 of a house and ya'd have ta share it with 1 or 2 other families.

And one of them you posted asking 1.6 million Canadian or 1.2 American - has 33' frontage

That's really small for a house. I've been to those places.

There's hardly any side on them, just a tiny sidewalk along the side of the house.

They call those 'Vancouver Specials'. They were initially intended as starter homes 50 years ago and, they once sold for $10,000. But of course now they're $1.6 million with multiple familes, not 1 livin in them.

So...long story short, I don't really wanna buy in vancouver cuz I fgger the value for the money is rahter poor.

Yknow I looked around for an apartment and cheapest was around $300,000 - leasehold.

That's fucking terrible. No sense in doing that. cuz I'd just be moving from a 1BR rental into 1BR leasehold.
For me there's no incentive to do that, because even if I bought that condo/apartment outright I'd be paying MORE than if just rented for the next30 years. Factor in ever increasing strata fees, insurance and taxes might put that elusive condo at $450,000 - 1/2 million over 30 years. Whereas a rental might come in at $300,000. So what's the point?

I understand that if it's a family they might not have a choice if the parents work here or have to send their kids to decent schools. But I don't have any of those responsibilities.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Actually @The Prowler I plan to get out of Vancouver sometime in the future.

@Joe Meanwhile, you live in a shithole city.

At least live part time somewhere else. Just live on a piece of land outside of the city that i can own outright maybe with a trailer like @Dove. I wouldn't mind, since the city is kinda turning ta shit with all the drugs and homelessness these days.

@Joe It is too bad that you have so few options at your advanced age. Did your mother give most of the inheritance to other people, @Joe? It sounds like your inheritance was your retirement plan....

Those real estate listings you posted show just how expensive the city has become

For example, some of the cheaper ones you posted are just 'duplex', meaning that you don't get a whole house.

You would just get 1/2 or 1/3 of a house and ya'd have ta share it with 1 or 2 other families.

And one of them you posted asking 1.6 million Canadian or 1.2 American - has 33' frontage

That's really small for a house. I've been to those places.

There's hardly any side on them, just a tiny sidewalk along the side of the house.

They call those 'Vancouver Specials'. They were initially intended as starter homes 50 years ago and, they once sold for $10,000. But of course now they're $1.6 million with multiple familes, not 1 livin in them.

So...long story short, I don't really wanna buy in vancouver cuz I fgger the value for the money is rahter poor.

Blah Blah Blah

@Joe All you are saying there is that you lied when you said this:

So that is why I call you Liar @Joe.

Yknow I looked around for an apartment and cheapest was around $300,000 - leasehold.

That's fucking terrible. No sense in doing that. cuz I'd just be moving from a 1BR rental into 1BR leasehold.

I understand that if it's a family they might not have a choice if the parents work here or have to send their kids to decent schools. But I don't have any of those responsibilities.

@Joe Why are you only looking at cheap places @Joe?

@Joe Do you regret not buying into the real estate market years ago @Joe?

@Joe Why did you miss the opportunity to put some money into real estate? @Joe You always talk like you understand investing. @Joe You really should have purchased a house when you were younger. @Joe I bought my house brand new in 2002 and it did not come with any fences. But is was only $265K and now 21 years later it has fences and is worth over $1.2 mil. @Joe That is a decent return on investment.

@Joe Anyways, @Joe, nice chat. I am going to go walk my dog in a nearby forest for a while. Then take my 2023 C8 Corvette Stingray for a boot before supper. @Joe If you go outside in Vancouver today remember to dress warmly and bring an umbrella.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@Joe Do you regret not buying into the real estate market years ago @Joe?

Actually @The Prowler .. the anser is NO.

I don't. I have no regrets at all.

Cuz when you bring up the point I realize if I had, I'd be more rooted here and more obligated to stay.

This is true whether you live in whter it's Ontario, Florida, California whatever.

Even nice livable places can trap a person Prowler.

Whatever the place you buy a house in, it's kinda like establishing roots cuz it's bricks and mortar.

While people can move and certainly do to faraway places aftere selling teir houses, it's harder to pac up and leave than if you're a renter. BTW, even as a renter ya kinda get too comfotable in a place.So, I'd like to move before it starts to feel or become permanent..

There's more legal hassles and of course a large property usu means more stuff to unload and get rid of.

Your life just becomes more complicated with the more real estate you own.

Y'know Prolwer, I don't even regret living in an apartment all this time simply because it made me realize the things I like about city living, and the things I don't.

There's positives and negatives, but I'v gotten to think lately, that I don't want to live in the city full time forever.

There's other places to explore, go to, and possibly move to.

If I was planning something permanent, I've decided it wouldn't be Vancouver.

Other places appeal to me more.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Hmmmm tempting

I had a realtor tell me I could get 1.3 million for it right now

that's nearly 1 million in profit for me

*fingers on the trigger

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hmmmm tempting

I had a realtor tell me I could get 1.3 million for it right now

that's nearly 1 million in profit for me

*fingers on the trigger
If I were you and your really have buyers lined up I'd do it now rather than later Bilgly.

Cuz from what I've been hearing and reading, the economy is supposed to get worse in the USA over the next 6 months.

Plus, there could be a recession and a real estate crash soon.

Plus if you sold and banked the $1 million in a SAFE place, when the market tanks, you could buy back in at lower prices.

However....that is based on the assumption or projection that the US economy will continue to get worse and a new supply of homes shows up for you.

The major CON of that thinking is that there may be an actual housing shortage in america and the one swho got a long term mortgage locked in at a low rate may not themselves be willing to sell to you because it's too good to give up because they'd have to pay more to move out of their present homes and into a new one.

So those factors might make it harder to buy a new home.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
If I were you and your really have buyers lined up I'd do it now rather than later Bilgly.

Cuz from what I've been hearing and reading, the economy is supposed to get worse in the USA over the next 6 months.

Plus, there could be a recession and a real estate crash soon.

Plus if you sold and banked the $1 million in a SAFE place, when the market tanks, you could buy back in at lower prices.

However....that is based on the assumption or projection that the US economy will continue to get worse and a new supply of homes shows up for you.

The major CON of that thinking is that there may be an actual housing shortage in america and the one swho got a long term mortgage locked in at a low rate may not themselves be willing to sell to you because it's too good to give up because they'd have to pay more to move out of their present homes and into a new one.

So those factors might make it harder to buy a new home.

This is quite true

However,

There are still overpriced toilets like California, NY and Oregoon to consider

and when people start fleeing those areas in search of a better life where do you think they are going to turn?

you guessed it. Florida

which will drive housing costs up even higher.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Florida is one of the cheapest states. Because it's so crass, only crass asses want to live there. And it's being swallowed by the ocean.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Your dick must be 1 centimeter long and 1/2 centimeter in girth.

Admin.

This ain't Texas (woo), ain't. no hold'm woo woo
Site Supporter ☠️
Florida is one of the cheapest states. Because it's so crass, only crass asses want to live there. And it's being swallowed by the ocean.
The Goons holding court in Tallahassee are turning off not only their own citizens, a lot of people are reconsidering their retirement plans...I am pretty sure the Chambers of Commerce in the Gulf States and States north on the Atlantic both are rooting Desantis on.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
I think I'm holding till about 1.5

gotta figure out a cheaper place to hold up until prices come back down to scoop up another mansion tho

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Actually @The Prowler .. the anser is NO.

I don't. I have no regrets at all.

Cuz when you bring up the point I realize if I had, I'd be more rooted here and more obligated to stay.

This is true whether you live in whter it's Ontario, Florida, California whatever.

Even nice livable places can trap a person Prowler.

Whatever the place you buy a house in, it's kinda like establishing roots cuz it's bricks and mortar.

While people can move and certainly do to faraway places aftere selling teir houses, it's harder to pac up and leave than if you're a renter. BTW, even as a renter ya kinda get too comfotable in a place.So, I'd like to move before it starts to feel or become permanent..

There's more legal hassles and of course a large property usu means more stuff to unload and get rid of.

Your life just becomes more complicated with the more real estate you own.

Y'know Prolwer, I don't even regret living in an apartment all this time simply because it made me realize the things I like about city living, and the things I don't.

There's positives and negatives, but I'v gotten to think lately, that I don't want to live in the city full time forever.

There's other places to explore, go to, and possibly move to.

If I was planning something permanent, I've decided it wouldn't be Vancouver.

Other places appeal to me more.

@Joe It is not a problem to have "more stuff to unload and get rid of".

@Joe At some point it might be a minor inconvenience.

@Joe If I never had all the stuff that I have, then I would never have been able to do all the things that I have done.

@Joe You might like to have very few interests and to keep everything in your life very simple.

@Joe Simple is as Simple does.

@Joe But I would find that to be boring as shit.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I think I'm holding till about 1.5

gotta figure out a cheaper place to hold up until prices come back down to scoop up another mansion tho

It is a big decision to just pack up and live in a small place for a while. Because if a while turns into a long time, then you may be sacrificing too much just to make some money.

For instance, personally if I were to live in a 1 bedroom apartment my lifestyle would suffer way too much. I would be giving up way too many sources of pleasure.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
@Joe It is not a problem to have "more stuff to unload and get rid of".

@Joe At some point it might be a minor inconvenience.

@Joe If I never had all the stuff that I have, then I would never have been able to do all the things that I have done.

@Joe You might like to have very few interests and to keep everything in your life very simple.

@Joe Simple is as Simple does.

@Joe But I would find that to be boring as shit.
Y'know @The Prowler with the way real estate prices have gone in Vancouver, it'd actually be cheaper for me to continue to be renter, buy a small property outside of the city than purchase a $300,000 1 BR condo here , put a small trailer on it like @Dove has done & even have money left over to buy a vacation property somewhere in the USA. So that could potentially be 3 options for the price of buying into 1 small property in Vancouver.

the net result could potentially be:

A. Still could continue to live in Vancouver as a renter part time
B. with the option to live outside the city part time on land I get to own outright in Canada and
C. vacation 'abroad' in a foreign property for part of the year.

That's why I'm not interested in buying property in my city.
It's just poor value for the money spent.

Sometimes it's actually more expensive to own something than rent and have options elsewhere.

Or as a wise man once said, "Sometimes 'owning' something brings one more pain than not to possess it."

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Luxury properties qualify at 1.5 million or more in his neck of the woods. He wouldn’t be able to afford anything here for that $$ either.

He also hasn’t lived on the property for longer than 5 years, so he will have to pay Federal capital gain rates at 15-20% plus 3.8 percent surtax for high-income earners. I hope he has a good accountant.

I’m thinking he finally realized what I said in the beginning, which is there is a lot of overhead on a property that large. I can only imagine how overgrown trees and shrubberies become in that type of humidity, which turns into tens of thousands of dollars over the years even here where I’m from. Add in the air conditioning, housekeeping, basic gardening and chemicals for the pool…. OUCH.

Money pit.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
According to Zillow, this is what you could buy for about $1.2 million in Florida:

...not bad actually.

And here are some other listings throughout the State which gives you an idea of the prices there:

...ya sure get a lot better value for your money there than on most parts of the West Coast of US or Canada.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Luxury properties qualify at 1.5 million or more in his neck of the woods. He wouldn’t be able to afford anything here for that $$ either.

He also hasn’t lived on the property for longer than 5 years, so he will have to pay Federal capital gain rates at 15-20% plus 3.8 percent surtax for high-income earners. I hope he has a good accountant.

I’m thinking he finally realized what I said in the beginning, which is there is a lot of overhead on a property that large. I can only imagine how overgrown trees and shrubberies become in that type of humidity, which turns into tens of thousands of dollars over the years even here where I’m from. Add in the air conditioning, housekeeping, basic gardening and chemicals for the pool…. OUCH.

Money pit.
Listen here whaledeelox. YOU cant afford that either. Some loser in your family had to drop dead to turn over a dilapidated piece of shit on a postage stamp that you and your cuckold sex offender have to spend MONTHS of your own time trying to fix up and make livable

so don't try to front like you big and booshey when all you are is big and bulky. I got your scorecard, cow.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Listen here whaledeelox. YOU cant afford that either. Some loser in your family had to drop dead to turn over a dilapidated piece of shit on a postage stamp that you and your cuckold sex offender have to spend MONTHS of your own time trying to fix up and make livable

so don't try to front like you big and booshey when all you are is big and bulky. I got your scorecard, cow.

...and yet Bigly, her driveway alone must be worth a mint.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
...and yet Bigly, her driveway alone must be worth a mint.
Not really a mint when everything surrounding her is equally inflated artificially and due for a roller coaster drop

or, does that simple concept escape both of you? You know, the fact that if she does sell her property for 1.5 mil and cannot find something equal too or even slightly smaller at commensurate price she's shit out of luck?

Now, if she were smart, which is is not, she'd sell that match box house and find something in a better area with a lower cost of living and break herself off like a champ.

But of course, we're talking about a moron here who thinks it's cool to pay 34.00 for two eggs a slice of cheese on an English muffin so I'm not holding out any hope for her

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Not really a mint when everything surrounding her is equally inflated artificially and due for a roller coaster drop

or, does that simple concept escape both of you? You know, the fact that if she does sell her property for 1.5 mil and cannot find something equal too or even slightly smaller at commensurate price she's shit out of luck?

Now, if she were smart, which is is not, she'd sell that match box house and find something in a better area with a lower cost of living and break herself off like a champ.

But of course, we're talking about a moron here who thinks it's cool to pay 34.00 for two eggs a slice of cheese on an English muffin so I'm not holding out any hope for her
And yet @Murdy doesn't appear to have to move or doesn't seem to wanna

In her case she may as well stay put if her house has been in the family for generations and it's all paid off & there are no liens on it.

Why would she bother? There's no incentive for her to do so.

In her case, she has nothing to gain & perhaps wishes to pass it down to her children.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Maybe Florida doesn't appeal to a lot of people because it's still quite Southern and too conservative for many.

So perhaps the social atmosphere is stilfing @LotusBud

For example a woman might not choose to live there since their Governor Ron de Santis has expressed his wish to limit abortion rights. So for these women, perhaps California would be their best alternative since it has no such restrictions.

I got the impression that Florida is very conservative Law & Order state when I visited there, especially in relation to California which is considerably more liberal & tolerant of alternative lifestyles & culture.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Y'know @The Prowler with the way real estate prices have gone in Vancouver, it'd actually be cheaper for me to continue to be renter, buy a small property outside of the city than purchase a $300,000 1 BR condo here , put a small trailer on it like @Dove has done & even have money left over to buy a vacation property somewhere in the USA. So that could potentially be 3 options for the price of buying into 1 small property in Vancouver.

the net result could potentially be:

A. Still could continue to live in Vancouver as a renter part time
B. with the option to live outside the city part time on land I get to own outright in Canada and
C. vacation 'abroad' in a foreign property for part of the year.

That's why I'm not interested in buying property in my city.
It's just poor value for the money spent.

Sometimes it's actually more expensive to own something than rent and have options elsewhere.

Or as a wise man once said, "Sometimes 'owning' something brings one more pain than not to possess it."

@Joe You do what you think is best with your limited options.

@Joe Obviously at your age you should not be going into debt. @Joe If you cannot write a cheque for something, you should not be buying it.

@Joe How much do you think a vacation property in the USA will cost you?