Is it even worth it to buy a desktop computer any more?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I usually build my own every 3 years or so. I game quite a bit so I always buy the latest and greatest AMD video card every year or two....usually. I havent bought in over 2 years because of shortages and prices.

My current gaming machine (an HP Omen) I bought pre-built because the cost of the components was more than what is in the machine. I added a 2 Tb secondary drive right after I bought it, but that is all.

I actually just looked last night at prices for an upgraded video card. An RTX 3070 seems to be a good choice right now, but I think I am going to hold off. I am still getting great performance in the games I play.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Me, too. I've never owned anything Apple. Such a bunch of hype.
How would you know if you've never owned "anything Apple"? :facepalm: Do you treat everything in life the same as your politics, fuck realism my gut is always right!?

Well, Mr I'm Incapable of Simple Logic, I have used them in the workplace and my husband and daughter both own Apple products. I also have friends who have them. So, you know, I have used them many times and do not see anything superior about them except their price.

You are really fucking thick. And I see Strapon is just as thick. Wow. Lunk heads.
So you've had "a shot" of them have you and I guess those "shots" would make you somewhat of an expert eh? Tell me, what things about them are overhyped and what features do you not like compared to the phones you usually get?

Now you've gone from saying I never owned anything Apple so I wouldn't know to saying I've had "a shot" of them. A "shot of them"? What does that even mean? I have used them daily at work, and many times in my household. What the fuck do you care, anyway? Do you own Apple stock, or are you shilling for Apple for fucking free?
Naw, I'm just doing what you do...
Firstly you said you've never had anything Apple so I questioned your comment...
Secondly you said you had a shot/go/try on them so I questioned you and now you're predictably swerving the question in favour of meek insults...
Summary of your board activity for 2021 ~ NO YOU!!
:G'DamnShame:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

How would you know if you've never owned "anything Apple"? :facepalm: Do you treat everything in life the same as your politics, fuck realism my gut is always right!?

Well, Mr I'm Incapable of Simple Logic, I have used them in the workplace and my husband and daughter both own Apple products. I also have friends who have them. So, you know, I have used them many times and do not see anything superior about them except their price.

You are really fucking thick. And I see Strapon is just as thick. Wow. Lunk heads.
So you've had "a shot" of them have you and I guess those "shots" would make you somewhat of an expert eh? Tell me, what things about them are overhyped and what features do you not like compared to the phones you usually get?

Now you've gone from saying I never owned anything Apple so I wouldn't know to saying I've had "a shot" of them. A "shot of them"? What does that even mean? I have used them daily at work, and many times in my household. What the fuck do you care, anyway? Do you own Apple stock, or are you shilling for Apple for fucking free?
Firstly you said you've never had anything Apple so I questioned your comment...
Secondly you said you had a shot/go/try on them so I questioned you and now you're predictably swerving the question in favour of meek insults...
Liberals are naturally inferior and stupid and therefore easy to confuse

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You're not doing what I do, at all. Yeah, you made two false claims about me. I didn't see you make any false claims about rancid, you hypocrite.

How's your Apple stock today, you shill?

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

You're not doing what I do, at all. Yeah, you made two false claims about me. I didn't see you make any false claims about rancid, you hypocrite.

What false claims did I make? I'll wait...

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
I like big monitors, full size keyboards, 5.1 surround sound...

If my main machine was a laptop, I would have to have a spot to plug it in to at least have a big monitor , full size keyboard, and full size mouse....which is just a matter of connecting a few cables...the USB stuff can all be plugged into a hub...you don't even need a docking station.

So I would say if portability is at all a benefit, get a laptop and setup a spot on a desk that you can plugin for times that you want the advantages of a large screen, keyboard, etc..
This ^^^

As someone capable of building my own systems from scratch if I wanted to I like the ability to swap hardware whenever I want (better sound cards -- video cards -- etc etc) and while many of these devices do have their USB counterparts I still like having the power of a desktop with a wide bank of memory slots and PCIe slots available should I want to add some additional functionality.

As it stands now there are 9 laptops, 6 desktops and 4 enterprise class servers in my home office setup right now.

Great setup for a man who never leaves his empty McMansion.
don’t be jealous of my success

And. I vacation in luxury a minimum of 5 times per year, wombat

Pre Covid of course since you liberal wankstains pretty much shut everything down over a sneeze
Amazing how you do all that while being in this forum 24/7, You are da man!

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

A, That I've never owned anything Apple. If my daughter owned Apple and lived with me, I owned it, shill.
B, That I've only taken "a shot" at Apple products.

Two lies. And you're so sure of your bs image of me, you think you're always right about me. You're full of shit.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

If my main machine was a laptop, I would have to have a spot to plug it in to at least have a big monitor , full size keyboard, and full size mouse....which is just a matter of connecting a few cables...the USB stuff can all be plugged into a hub...you don't even need a docking station.

So I would say if portability is at all a benefit, get a laptop and setup a spot on a desk that you can plugin for times that you want the advantages of a large screen, keyboard, etc..
This ^^^

As someone capable of building my own systems from scratch if I wanted to I like the ability to swap hardware whenever I want (better sound cards -- video cards -- etc etc) and while many of these devices do have their USB counterparts I still like having the power of a desktop with a wide bank of memory slots and PCIe slots available should I want to add some additional functionality.

As it stands now there are 9 laptops, 6 desktops and 4 enterprise class servers in my home office setup right now.

Pre Covid of course since you liberal wankstains pretty much shut everything down over a sneeze
Amazing how you do all that why being in this forum 24/7, You are da man!

^^^^ one of the brain dead imbeciles I was talking about latched onto my ankles now

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

A, That I've never owned anything Apple. If my daughter owned Apple and lived with me, I owned it, shill.

Two lies. And you're so sure of your bs image of me, you think you're always right about me. You're full of shit.
Well why say you've never owned anything Apple when you have????? :facepalm:
If you don't own something you have only had a shot of it... :WFT:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
My 10 year old Lenovo is acting like it wants to go join Betty White soon, so as you know I can by a pretty decent pc with plenty enough guts for my mostly casual usage for less that a grand, or I can get a used warranted reman. Macbook pro, to match the apple phone I just picked up.

Any sage advices either way?

Bigly if you would like to share you favorite hobby, you may do so now.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

This ^^^

Amazing how you do all that why being in this forum 24/7, You are da man!

^^^^ one of the brain dead imbeciles I was talking about latched onto my ankles now
Triggered!!!!!!!

Say Cock for me Pauncho, come on buddy you know you want to talk about the cock!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I have never owned an Apple product myself, you fucking moron. YOU claimed I couldn't judge them because I didn't own them, I explained I could because I FUCKING WORKED on Apple comuters, and people in my household owned them. But you had to make a feeble attempt to discredit even that. You are the loser here, you shill.

You haven't only had a shot at something when you are dealing with it on the job. I guess you wouldn't understand that, not being a working man.

Go make some more of your Shamwow shorty shorts and leave me be.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
My 10 year old Lenovo is acting like it wants to go join Betty White soon, so as you know I can by a pretty decent pc with plenty enough guts for my mostly casual usage for less that a grand, or I can get a used warranted reman. Macbook pro, to match the apple phone I just picked up.

I have a Lenovo laptop with a touch screen. I love it. It does everything I need, and I like having a touch screen. I think I paid under 600 euros for it, so, at the time, about $675. I think prices are a little lwoer in the US on computers.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I have never owned an Apple product myself, you fucking moron. YOU claimed I couldn't judge them because I didn't own them, I explained I could because I FUCKING WORKED on Apple comuters, and people in my household owned them. But you had to make a feeble attempt to discredit even that. You are the loser here, you shill.

You haven't only had a shot at something when you are dealing with it on the job. I guess you wouldn't understand that, not being a working man.

White flag noted :LOL3:
It's not even worth my time anyway... :facepalm:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I have a Lenovo laptop with a touch screen. I love it. It does everything I need, and I like having a touch screen. I think I paid under 600 euros for it, so, at the time, about $675.
I've only had minimal exposure to a touch screen, wasn't sure I liked it.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

White flag noted :LOL3:
It's not even worth my time anyway... :facepalm:

Yeah, right. Like I said at the beginning, you are thick.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

By the way, @SHAMPAIN that's a false dichotomy. Look it up.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Are you trying to say that you owned an Apple product because your daughter owned an Apple product?
Not that many High Schoolers can afford a $2500 Laptop.
She said earlier she's never owned one then immediately went to she has owned them when questioned, that's the shit she does...

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Are you trying to say that you owned an Apple product because your daughter owned an Apple product?
She said earlier she's never owned one then immediately went to she has owned them when questioned, that's the shit she does...

I parsed that for you, simpleton.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Yeah, but is she saying that she owned an Apple product because her daughter owned an Apple product?

Her communication skills are poor. Maybe you can translate.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Yeah, but is she saying that she owned an Apple product because her daughter owned an Apple product?

Or conversely, you could not try so hard to find fault?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

It is not about finding fault. Clear communication is necessary so everyone in a conversation has the same understanding of people's thoughts.

So are you able to understand what she was trying to say?

I asked a "Yes/No" question twice, and you have not even tried to answer. To me, that means you are unsure of what she is trying to say too.

She is a poor communicator and I think that leads to a lot of conflict in her life.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I have a Lenovo laptop with a touch screen. I love it. It does everything I need, and I like having a touch screen. I think I paid under 600 euros for it, so, at the time, about $675.
I've only had minimal exposure to a touch screen, wasn't sure I liked it.
If it were shaped like a penis I'm sure you'd love it

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

It is not about finding fault. Clear communication is necessary so everyone in a conversation has the same understanding of people's thoughts.

So are you able to understand what she was trying to say?

I asked a "Yes/No" question twice, and you have not even tried to answer. To me, that means you are unsure of what she is trying to say too.

She is a poor communicator and I think that leads to a lot of conflict in her life.
Well, OK then.