Is it even worth it to buy a desktop computer any more?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A, That I've never owned anything Apple. If my daughter owned Apple and lived with me, I owned it, shill.

Are you trying to say that you owned an Apple product because your daughter owned an Apple product?
Not that many High Schoolers can afford a $2500 Laptop.

Yeah, but is she saying that she owned an Apple product because her daughter owned an Apple product?

Her communication skills are poor. Maybe you can translate.
Or conversely, you could not try so hard to find fault?
It is not about finding fault. Clear communication is necessary so everyone in a conversation has the same understanding of people's thoughts.

So are you able to understand what she was trying to say?

I asked a "Yes/No" question twice, and you have not even tried to answer. To me, that means you are unsure of what she is trying to say too.

She is a poor communicator and I think that leads to a lot of conflict in her life.

Oh, wow. Let me strive to be more like you.

Honestly, if you can't follow the conversation I had with the Apple shill, then I feel for you.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
My 10 year old Lenovo is acting like it wants to go join Betty White soon, so as you know I can by a pretty decent pc with plenty enough guts for my mostly casual usage for less that a grand, or I can get a used warranted reman. Macbook pro, to match the apple phone I just picked up.

Any sage advices either way?

Bigly if you would like to share you favorite hobby, you may do so now.

I have a Lenovo laptop with a touch screen. I love it. It does everything I need, and I like having a touch screen. I think I paid under 600 euros for it, so, at the time, about $675.
I've only had minimal exposure to a touch screen, wasn't sure I liked it.
I got spit roasted at the adult bookstore last night, hoo boy my ass is still throbbing.

:SoGay:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Oh, wow. Let me strive to be more like you.

Honestly, if you can't follow the conversation I had with the Apple shill, then I feel for you.

Oh shut up, you stupid cunt.

Even Admin, who tried to bail you out, does not know what you were trying to say.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I like big monitors, full size keyboards, 5.1 surround sound...

If my main machine was a laptop, I would have to have a spot to plug it in to at least have a big monitor , full size keyboard, and full size mouse....which is just a matter of connecting a few cables...the USB stuff can all be plugged into a hub...you don't even need a docking station.

So I would say if portability is at all a benefit, get a laptop and setup a spot on a desk that you can plugin for times that you want the advantages of a large screen, keyboard, etc..
This ^^^

As someone capable of building my own systems from scratch if I wanted to I like the ability to swap hardware whenever I want (better sound cards -- video cards -- etc etc) and while many of these devices do have their USB counterparts I still like having the power of a desktop with a wide bank of memory slots and PCIe slots available should I want to add some additional functionality.

As it stands now there are 9 laptops, 6 desktops and 4 enterprise class servers in my home office setup right now.

Great setup for a man who never leaves his empty McMansion.
don’t be jealous of my success

And. I vacation in luxury a minimum of 5 times per year, wombat

Pre Covid of course since you liberal wankstains pretty much shut everything down over a sneeze
Amazing how you do all that while being in this forum 24/7, You are da man!

It kind of is amazing how that mans brain literally never stops.

He is never on a forum constantly. He works constantly at the computer and he is back and forth a lot. And he is REAL serious about his time when he isnt working.

He definately is on another level than most "normies".

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
For all the hard of thinking here: I have never owned an Apple product MYSELF. Never had one as a phone or a computer. I have always used PCs and Androids personally. ALWAYS. I have "owned" Apple products because I purchased them for my daughter. And I have had far more than "a go" at them because I used them at work and in my household. Shamwow's claim was a false dilemma from the git go. You have more choices than just "You owned one, or, you only had a shot at one."

Dumb cucks.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
For all the hard of thinking here: I have never owned an Apple product MYSELF. Never had one as a phone or a computer. I have always used PCs and Androids personally. ALWAYS. I have "owned" Apple products because I purchased them for my daughter. And I have had far more than "a go" at them because I used them at work and in my household. Shamwow's claim was a false dilemma from the git go. You have more choices than just "You owned one, or, you only had a shot at one."

Dumb cucks.
jWeecRk.png

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
t8rFHCQ.png

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I like big monitors, full size keyboards, 5.1 surround sound...

If my main machine was a laptop, I would have to have a spot to plug it in to at least have a big monitor , full size keyboard, and full size mouse....which is just a matter of connecting a few cables...the USB stuff can all be plugged into a hub...you don't even need a docking station.

So I would say if portability is at all a benefit, get a laptop and setup a spot on a desk that you can plugin for times that you want the advantages of a large screen, keyboard, etc..
This ^^^

As someone capable of building my own systems from scratch if I wanted to I like the ability to swap hardware whenever I want (better sound cards -- video cards -- etc etc) and while many of these devices do have their USB counterparts I still like having the power of a desktop with a wide bank of memory slots and PCIe slots available should I want to add some additional functionality.

As it stands now there are 9 laptops, 6 desktops and 4 enterprise class servers in my home office setup right now.

Great setup for a man who never leaves his empty McMansion.
don’t be jealous of my success

And. I vacation in luxury a minimum of 5 times per year, wombat

Pre Covid of course since you liberal wankstains pretty much shut everything down over a sneeze
Amazing how you do all that while being in this forum 24/7, You are da man!

It kind of is amazing how that mans brain literally never stops.

He is never on a forum constantly. He works constantly at the computer and he is back and forth a lot. And he is REAL serious about his time when he isnt working.

He definately is on another level than most "normies".
jerk-off-stroke-me-ma.gif

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Dumb cucks.
jWeecRk.png

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
t8rFHCQ.png
You poor thing, sad face emoji

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Dumb cucks.
jWeecRk.png

t8rFHCQ.png

I'm sorry nuance simply escapes you. But we already knew that about you Nazis. I guess to be an avowed racist, you have to have exteme difficulty with both nuance and the concept of a false dilemma.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Dumb cucks.
jWeecRk.png

t8rFHCQ.png

I'm sorry nuance simply escapes you. But we already knew that about you Nazis. I guess to be an avowed racist, you have to have exteme difficulty with both nuance and the concept of a false dilemma.
Ml1EIVv.jpg

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My 10 year old Lenovo is acting like it wants to go join Betty White soon, so as you know I can by a pretty decent pc with plenty enough guts for my mostly casual usage for less that a grand, or I can get a used warranted reman. Macbook pro, to match the apple phone I just picked up.

Not a laptop but the Mac Pro 5,1 is the best computer which can run several versions of Mac OS X, Windows 7, 10 & 11. Linux too.

mac_pro_main.gif

It's the best Intel based computer I ever had. Has 12 Xeon cores. Runs high end software effortlessly without crashes.

American shoppers might be able to find it for $500 in their own country. Still not cheap outside of the USA.

If mobility is important to you may not be the best model to buy as it weighs 40 lbs. Def not a laptop if that's what yer lookin for.

Last edited:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Not a laptop but the Mac Pro 5,1 is the best computer which can run several versions of Mac OS X, Windows 7, 10 & 11. Linux too.

It's the best Intel based computer I ever had. Runs high end software effortlessly without crashes.

American shoppers might be able to find it for $500 in their own country. Still not cheap outside of the USA.

If mobility is important to you may not be the best model to buy as it weighs 40 lbs. Def not a laptop if that's what yer lookin for.
For my current needs a decent low/mid range laptop is plenty, I'm wavering with sticking with pc on a late model Lenovo Thinkpad (which I am replacing, you can take these things to an Anteefa Funded and Organized Riot and smash a few "Patriot" skulls, and they just keep on ticking) or a old stock new 2020 MacBook Pro 13 for about the same money 1K +/- USD, Love the display specs on the Mac's And I've read they come with pretty decent music and video editing software.