Lettuce talk about housing prices...

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Hardly :LOL3: I own the home I live in. Still have payments of my Triplex in Sonoma. I bet you don’t even own your outdoor shitter DD. Why lie? You’ve been a loser most of your life.

Ok, broke Boomer....
Doom and gloom DD. I suppose those without any skills to make money, and hang on to it will suffer what you describe. Add in poor life choices :GimmeFoods: There ya go

You're already of the age of advanced death.

You should just leave young people apart from your asinine ideas.

You’re a loser. Locked down by choice, with zero skills. I feel sorry for Frank and the deformed kid.

Still no job?

No jab no job, Chunkita...

What a provider!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Hardly :LOL3: I own the home I live in. Still have payments of my Triplex in Sonoma. I bet you don’t even own your outdoor shitter DD. Why lie? You’ve been a loser most of your life.

Ok, broke Boomer....
Doom and gloom DD. I suppose those without any skills to make money, and hang on to it will suffer what you describe. Add in poor life choices :GimmeFoods: There ya go

You're already of the age of advanced death.

You should just leave young people apart from your asinine ideas.

You’re a loser. Locked down by choice, with zero skills. I feel sorry for Frank and the deformed kid.

Still no job?

No jab no job, Chunkita...

What a provider!

Ok, Spamzilla

OP
OP
DDT

DDT

Factory Bastard
I have good memories of that home. My parents didn't give a shit about me, so I appreciated the time I could spend with my Grandparents there to this day! Pic is me "helping" at the same house in the OP a long time ago!

1.png

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Section 8 has exploded so that most welfare leaches now have it. They just need to pay 1/3rd of their income and taxpayers pick up the rest.
We do have subsidized housing here also, but I don't think the average welfare bum from the street would qualify for that... I think it's geared more to low income working people and those with disabilities.

low income families is what it’s geared at here…

Yet no one I know would qualify… not even my single parent friend with one child she supports without any assistance from the father or state.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We are talking about street homeless most of whom do not have a job. The ones with jobs usually have at least a car to sleep in and those people are functional enough to enter one of the many shelters/programs.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This was my home as a kid, when my Grandparents owned it! It's 1/3 acre...

Capture.png

I inherited my grandparent’s house that they bought for $47,000 in 1947. The house across the street sold for 6.5 mil last month.

Given that a dollar in 2022 is worth anywhere from 1 to 2 cents in 1947 purchasing power, $47,000 was a lot back then. So that was even expensive for that time.

Your grandparents Musta been rich.

In today's money that's like $4.5 to $5 million. Ie a loaf of bread was as little as 5 cents now it's $5 a loaf. 100 fold inflation.

Many houses sold in Vancouver for $1,000 after World War II and now thise same homes are $2 million plus

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Capture.png

I inherited my grandparent’s house that they bought for $47,000 in 1947. The house across the street sold for 6.5 mil last month.

Given that a dollar in 2022 is worth anywhere from 1 to 2 cents in 1947 purchasing power, $47,000 was a lot back then. So that was even expensive for that time.

In today's money that's like $4.5 to $5 million. Ie a loaf of bread was as little as 5 cents now it's $5 a loaf. 100 fold inflation.

Many houses sold in Vancouver for $1,000 after World War II and now thise same homes are $2 million plus

My grands immigrated from England in the late 1940s post WWII … the aerospace company my grandfather started is still in business (he was a pilot/engineer turned CEO). This neighborhood was not a splurge by any means when compared to the neighboring areas for that time. They were beach people and that eventually caught on and drove the yuppy transplant movement of the 1980s.

But… you never would have been able to tell they were wealthy. Both were extremely frugal having been born during the depression era and remained in the UK through WWII.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Capture.png

My grands immigrated from England in the late 1940s post WWII … the aerospace company my grandfather started is still in business (he was a pilot/engineer turned CEO). This neighborhood was not a splurge by any means when compared to the neighboring areas for that time. They were beach people and that eventually caught on and drove the yuppy transplant movement of the 1980s.

But… you never would have been able to tell they were wealthy. Both were extremely frugal having been born during the depression era and remained in the UK through WWII.

$47,000 US was a Lotta money back then.

The best player in the National Hockey League only made $20,000 - $25,000 USD in 1950 if that.

So your Grandad must have brought a lot of money over for England.

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

This is no joke. Even in the 3rd world.

Where do people live?

....on the street?

They live in Villa Real, or Santa Rosa. Know they are being pushed out, little by little as well. So many first world types from N. America, S. America, Europe, Asia, even the Middle East come here. Many make an effort to stay.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Why? Near nakedness is around every corner, beach, restaurants, bars, my pool. Even those giant German girls, with long blond hair. You’re missing it amigo.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We are talking about street homeless most of whom do not have a job. The ones with jobs usually have at least a car to sleep in and those people are functional enough to enter one of the many shelters/programs.

Engineers from computer companies sleep in the cars in SF, and the Silicone valley. It’s amazing how homes the South Bay and North Bay have gone up. My parents first home cost $10,500. in Marin Co. Houses in the same Tract Neighborhood are in the $990,000 and up. I know that this is the story in many desirable areas.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Sorry, but an engineer making $120,000 in the bay area can afford rent. The guy is making $10,000 a month so he can rent a place in his budget.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Engineers from computer companies sleep in the cars in SF, and the Silicone valley. It’s amazing how homes the South Bay and North Bay have gone up. My parents first home cost $10,500. in Marin Co. Houses in the same Tract Neighborhood are in the $990,000 and up. I know that this is the story in many desirable areas.

I sense/smell a social unpheaval or revolution a comin' one day.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Let us also talk about which party almost always is blocking new development in order to increase the supply of houses. Here in California Democrats have spent almost half a century trying to block development of any kind. They pass such massive regulations that it costs the city of L.A. $800,000 to construct a studio apartment.

You see evil racist trash like Macine Waters, who has been in office almost 40 years and only ever hurt the people in her district, idiotically fighting "gentrification" because she know non-blqck people moving to her district means her days as a race pimping politician would be over.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BTW last year the De.ocrat super majority in the California state legislature passed state bill 9 and state bill 10 which effectively outlawed new suburban single family home construction and removed virtually all local zoning control for R1 (SFH zoned area). Now, no matter the lot size everyone automatically gets to build two apartments in their backyard up to three stories high.

This is going to devastate quality of life and lead to corporations buying up all the SFH they possibly can. Why? Because essentially they can legally sub divide it into three lots and reap instant profits. This will destroy suburban communities, lead to traffic nightmares, and even overwhelming local infrastructure such as water delivery pipes, electric utilities, and sewer systems.

Corporations will be up prices even further and communities of home owners will quickly find they are outnumbered by renters who are by their very nature transitory and so don't really care about long term impacts. This is q very bad thing.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

This is no joke. Even in the 3rd world.

Where do people live?

....on the street?

They live in Villa Real, or Santa Rosa. Know they are being pushed out, little by little as well. So many first world types from N. America, S. America, Europe, Asia, even the Middle East come here. Many make an effort to stay.

Why do you live in CR, by the way?

How about this. Because I want to. Because I can. For the last 20 years. I made my bed here, and can never duplicate it in N. Cal.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Sorry, but an engineer making $120,000 in the bay area can afford rent. The guy is making $10,000 a month so he can rent a place in his budget.

10 Gs a month won’t do it. That’s what a union plumber makes down town.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
He drove to his job at Pacific Terminals (Viterra now?) for literally 40 years...

Job like that wouldn't pay the heating bills now @DDT. Them old Germans used ta work hard. Guess they still do. ;-)

Yeah Surrey used to be cheap. A house there was $80,000 back in the 80s. East Indians own the place now Mel.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I remember Marin County back in th 70s. It was still rural with country houses & land was still affordable. Silicon Valley was still farmland too.

San Francisco seemed economically depressed for a long time until the tech boom arrived.

I knew someone who bought his house in Silicon Valley for a pittance. He was able to sell it for millions so he moved to Pleasanton. He musta done well for himself.