We celebrated the 4th of July by planting lettuce and zucchini,

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Does Portugal make any notice of the 4th of July Holiday? Besides the hilarious news stories about Floridians blowing off hands and or orifices.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Does Portugal make any notice of the 4th of July Holiday? Besides the hilarious news stories about Floridians blowing off hands and or orifices.

Most people are completely oblivious to it. Portugal is super proud of their history, and they celebrate many things and people here. It's a non-stop festa (fiesta), in a way. I can't keep them all straight. But because of this, they have little time to notice US holidays -- though they have somewhat adopted Halloween.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I didn't celebrate because of recent Supreme Court decisions. Not feeling so independent, especially as a woman these days.

Yeah, we weren't really celebrating, either. In fact, I really didn't remember, throughout the day, that it was the 4th. My Portuguese teacher had no idea at all that it was a US holiday.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I didn't celebrate because of recent Supreme Court decisions. Not feeling so independent, especially as a woman these days.

Oddly, the Supreme Court reversed a decision it never should have made in the first place because of the independence of States and their voting citizens in them were violated by the Federal government.

I notice you don't complain when California and other like minded states refuse to uphold the Bill of Rights, which is a legit federal duty to uphold and each signatory State to abide by.....

And you're a menopausal Californian woman.... you shouldn't be feeling anything at all about the topic. You can't breed and your state can't follow basic legal agreements.