Meathead Aaron Rogers is one of them conservatards

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
It's amazing how much more stupid Americans are collectively than they used to be.

It's almost like Bill Clinton's media deregulation that saw us go from 50 companies to I think it's down to 6 conglomerates was actually *bad* and led to corporate capture and the homogenization of our "news" sources.

Now the people on our TVs who are supposed to be doing the job of informing us come from backgrounds in politics, banking, or are simply related to someone famous. They replaced real journalism with access journalism and the bobbleheads' contacts within government, the military, etc. are their only sources (not counting each other... often one jackass will play the role of stenographer for a "source" then all the other jackasses will repeat the story uncritically and have each other on their various shows to talk about it).

People don't get this woefully misinformed by accident.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
It's almost like Bill Clinton's media deregulation that saw us go from 50 companies to I think it's down to 6 conglomerates was actually *bad* and led to corporate capture and the homogenization of our "news" sources.

Now the people on our TVs who are supposed to be doing the job of informing us come from backgrounds in politics, banking, or are simply related to someone famous. They replaced real journalism with access journalism and the bobbleheads' contacts within government, the military, etc. are their only sources (not counting each other... often one jackass will play the role of stenographer for a "source" then all the other jackasses will repeat the story uncritically and have each other on their various shows to talk about it).

Show your work, I am not following your prose.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

How about the Reagan administration basically repealing the Fairness Doctrine. This is both parties, not just one.

Reagan was responsible for that.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
How about the Reagan administration basically repealing the Fairness Doctrine. This is both parties, not just one.

Reagan was responsible for that.

I agree both halves of the duopoly are complete garbage.
One of those halves doesn't usually get the "credit" it deserves, though.
Everyone expects shenanigans like that from republicans but conveniently forget the democrats are in it up to their armpits as well.

Shrub Jr. gave us the laughingly named Patriot Act, DHS, etc. but it was our boy Obama who repealed habeus corpus, #GenocideJoe who attempted to set up a "ministry of truth", plus let's not forget grossly expanding the military's budget and reauthorizing all the post-9/11 power grabs whenever they come up for review is largely a bipartisan exercise.

The duopoly is wholly corrupt and can't be saved.
We either find another way or we're all fucked. Proper fucked.