Name 1 THaNG of note invented by a BLACK

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Also Lotus let the Greeks step in...
-53.000 words in the world is Greek of origin. (Greek language today is the richest in the world with over 800.000 words. The number 2 in the world has only 250.000)
-The musical notation system that we use everywhere in the world
-Typography (line length, leading, tracking, point size, typefaces
-Epic poetry
-The science of philosophy
-Humanism
-Democracy
-Development of Mathematics
-Automatic doors
-Diving bells
-First alphabet with vowels
-Hippocratic Oath
-Science of history
-Logic
-Mythology
-Science of Anthropology
-Coined money
-The Olympic games
-Thermometer
-Tumbler Locks
-Central Heating
-Frame harp, Aeolian harp, pan flute
-Catapult
-Crossbow
-Greek Fire
-Geometry
-Invention of the art of Cartography
-First mechanical clock
-Oldest composed musical piece in the world -Seikilos Epitaph
-First Ancient Computer -Antikythera
-The Anchor
-Hula hoop
-Stentorophonic tube
-trireme ships
-Wind power
-Archimedes Steam cannon
-Pizza (greeks taught romans to bake bread, pizza and many other things)
-Science of Geology
-Science of Physics
-Theatre
-Drama and Comedy
-Development of Medicine
-First anatomist
-The education system schools and academies
-The magnet
-First military banners
-The atomic theory by Democritus
-First usage of solar power
-The principles of archimedes
-Geography
-First discovery that the earth was round (eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the earth)
-The basic principles of electricity (Elektron)
-the cyrillic alphabet
-Byzantine art
-The taximeter Odometer
-Mining
-The first railway
-The first washstand (automatic pleunatic machine)
-The first vending machine (By heron of alexandria
-Plumbing system (plumbing has been invented in Greek minoan time 3750-2000 because)
-Lighthouses
-Condom
-Iron hand
-Levers
-First cookbook in history
-Pantograph
-Parabolic Mirror
-Parchment
-Patent Law system
-Periaktos
-The first alarm clock
-The first clock tower
-The algebra (Dophantus
-The bullfight
-The banking system
-First research centre (with over 500.000 books)
-River deflection
-The first robots
-Roof tiles
-Astronomy
-Screw
-Sea mines
-Shock absorber
-Shower
-Siege machines
-Siren
-Soap
-Water and air pump
-Pythagoras cup of justice
-Radiation weapon
-Golden ratio
-Steam power and steam engine
-Steam rocket (aelopile also known as a hero engine)
-Anemoscope
-Fire exstinguish machine
-Flame thrower
-Astrolabe
-Chewing gum
-City planning
-Coin automat ( it was not reinvented till close 19th century AD)
-Floating bricks
-Compound pulley
-The first cranes
-The dry dock
-Dice and Pessoi) (The dice we use today in numerous games)
-Gears
-Differential gears
-Dioptra
-Electro therapy
-First flying machine
-Science of meteorology (by Aristotle)
-Repeating crossbow
-First evolution theory (by animaxander)
-The first university -The platonic academy
-Greek architecture
-The elevator (by archimedes)
-The tunnel of Eupalinos (The only of 2 known tunnels in history which was excavated from both ends
-The football
-The organ instrument
-The urban planning
-The cannon
-Fire hose
-Greek cuisine
-and Sculpture

Aren't those the people that people like you call "Wogs"?

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Once positive tests were conducted on mice, the team tried treating humans on a small scale at the Radcliffe Hospital, initially with mixed results. After refining the trial process, it was discovered that penicillin was extremely effective in treating many conditions and infections that had previously proven fatal.

With the onset of the Second World War, the production of the drug for widespread use became their goal.

World at war
When war was declared in 1939, the Oxford team was not able to get enough support to begin large-scale manufacture and testing in Britain, despite the potential of their ‘wonder drug’. In 1941 the team approached the American government, who agreed to begin producing penicillin at a laboratory in Peoria, Illinois.

Further research was conducted to find new strains of penicillin that would provide higher outputs and make enough of the drug available for all Allied troops. Interestingly, the best strain was found growing on a rockmelon at a farmers market.

American pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer also began producing penicillin and the drug was in common use by Allied forces by the latter half of 1944.

Impact of penicillin
Penicillin saved thousands of lives during the Second World War and is considered one of the contributing factors to the Allied victory. After the war, the drug became available to the public and was used to treat otherwise fatal conditions. Penicillin essentially turned the tide against many common causes of death.

The development of penicillin also opened the door to the discovery of a number of new types of antibiotics, most of which are still used today to treat a variety of common illnesses. Without penicillin the development of many modern medical practices, including organ transplants and skin grafts, would not have been possible.

In 1945 Fleming, Florey and Chain received the Nobel Prize in medicine. Howard Florey has also been recognised many ways in Australia. There is a Canberra suburb named Florey, his likeness was on the 50-dollar note from 1973 to 1995 and there are a number of university research schools and fellowships named in his honour.
So Fleming said "Here's penicillin fuck knows how or why it works but here it is"? lol... No matter anyway it doesn't make me smarter who found its use...

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Go get a history lesson about how many people died in the early days of taken penicillin... It wasn't just "discovering" it's existence so don't take credit when it was an Australian who led mankind into developing a use for it. Now, you shouldn't forget where modern day medicine came from... An Aussie, and it isn't the only thing medicine Aussies invented.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

20 Australian inventions that changed the world (and we even invented wifi)

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Go get a history lesson about how many people died in the early days of taken penicillin... It wasn't just "discovering" it's existence so don't take credit when it was an Australian who led mankind into developing a use for it. Now, you shouldn't forget where modern day medicine came from... An Aussie, and it isn't the only thing medicine Aussies invented.

Chauvinism is for the birds.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Since you're all Brits that's another win Britain...

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Very true but don't forget, the WHOLE UK immigrated to Oz although all my ancestors were from Britain.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Very true but don't forget, the WHOLE UK immigrated to Oz although all my ancestors were from Britain.
I don't follow?

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I don't follow?
English, Irish, Scotts mainly immigrated to Australia... Not sure about the Welsh.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I don't follow?
English, Irish, Scotts mainly immigrated to Australia... Not sure about the Welsh.
Cannot say I blame them, I love the beauty of Scotland but it gets boring after a while... I'd move to Oz in a heartbeat and it just might be easier than ever in the future =)

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Perth WA is the best but it depends... each capital city has its charms....do a backpacker thing... Perth is very expensive...but also warm in winter and hell in summer. Always start touring Australia in Australia's winter. WA is nearly as big Europe with only roughly 3 million people.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I don't follow?
Cannot say I blame them, I love the beauty of Scotland but it gets boring after a while... I'd move to Oz in a heartbeat and it just might be easier than ever in the future =)

my sister married a bloody dreadlocked Scottsman... Ian Martin. They are divorced now. My sister spent 3 years in Scotland. She worked at Brody's Tavern Edinburgh. They bloody well underpayed her, the tight fisted drongos.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Perth WA is the best but it depends... each capital city has its charms....do a backpacker thing... Perth is very expensive...but also warm in winter and hell in summer. Always start touring Australia in Australia's winter. WA is nearly as big Europe with only roughly 3 million people.
One of my mates moved there, gold coast I'm sure it was... He got in easily because he's an electrician as there seems to be a shortage of trademen he only had to do some courses of the Australian way of doing things and he's working and living there full time now, he loves it and won't be coming back lol... The fishing is the big draw for me and the wildlife in general...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I don't follow?

my sister married a bloody dreadlocked Scottsman... Ian Martin. They are divorced now. My sister spent 3 years in Scotland. She worked at Brody's Tavern Edinburgh. They bloody well underpayed her, the tight fisted drongos.
Sounds about right haha

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
One of my mates moved there, gold coast I'm sure it was... He got in easily because he's an electrician as there seems to be a shortage of trademen he only had to do some courses of the Australian way of doing things and he's working and living there full time now, he loves it and won't be coming back lol... The fishing is the big draw for me and the wildlife in general...

If you are a wildlife warrior come to WA and help stop the remaining virgin habitat being swallowed up. Virgin Habitat is crucial for biodiversity. Google one of my public Fb groups, "Save the Trees Please.".... look at my photography by clicking media or photos...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Black people were agricultural powerhouses. That's why we wanted them here so badly.

And I think they invented rap.... though I dont really see that as a positive contribution.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm allergic to penicillin. So are my kids.

so am I so I abstained for over 25 years and then came a time of no alternatives and miraculously I didn't have a reaction.... it's not just penicillin you all will be allergic to. There will be other things to.

I have 3 big ones, 1. Aspirin and foods chemically similar, 2. 220 preservative which is sulphur dioxide, 3. Bee stings and 4. mercifully much less these days, anti-biotics.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
I've never really understood hating someone based solely on the color of their skin.

Are there a lot of black people I hate? Sure. And there are just as many white ones. Hell, I'm peurto rican and can't think of a race of people I hate more, other than dominicans, than puerto ricans

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I always fantasized about having a time machine to go back and watched all the cultures and see how they did things... how they grew food, who developed recipes... that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I've never really understood hating someone based solely on the color of their skin.

Are there a lot of black people I hate? Sure. And there are just as many white ones. Hell, I'm peurto rican and can't think of a race of people I hate more, other than dominicans, than puerto ricans

I reckon there is at least 5 % of truly great people in every race and at least another 10% of good people in every race..... too many people though have been warped from being brutalized in some way.

I never knew you were Puerta Rican.. My Italian friend married a Puerto Rican from NY or New Jersey.... Steve Pontani... Do you know him?... His stepfather was Italian, hence the Italian surname.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

I reckon there is at least 5 % of truly great people in every race and at least another 10% of good people in every race..... too many people though have been warped from being brutalized in some way.

I never knew you were Puerta Rican.. My Italian friend married a Puerto Rican from NY or New Jersey.... Steve Pontani... Do you know him?... His stepfather was Italian, hence the Italian surname.
I'm half Puerto Rican actually. The other half (the good half) is Italian.

No, don't know the guy

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I'm half Puerto Rican actually. The other half (the good half) is Italian.

No, don't know the guy

His Italian father built shopping Malls... Steve came to Perth back in the early 80s. He was a marine... he met my friend Marina and they married....I bet you have people in common.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Black people were agricultural powerhouses. That's why we wanted them here so badly.

And I think they invented rap.... though I dont really see that as a positive contribution.
:facepalm: Sweet Dove, no they were/are the complete opposite of agricultural powerhouses lol... They cannot farm worth shit, that's why they were begging the white farmers back in SA and celebrating their return like they were celebs... I thought this was well known?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

:facepalm: Sweet Dove, no they were/are the complete opposite of agricultural powerhouses lol... They cannot farm worth shit, that's why they were begging the white farmers back in SA and celebrating their return like they were celebs... I thought this was well known?

This is completely false but I've had a few drinks and I'm relaxing and paying in water..... so tonight we shall fight about it.