New topic -- ER Doctors on overload from new threat

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Already worn out from Covid, now they face a rise in gun violence.

• Exhausted emergency-room providers are now dealing with the fallout from rising gun violence.
  • One physician told Insider he'd seen a 40% rise in gunshot victims in the ER compared with 2020.
  • The increase in gun violence comes with hospitals struggling to maintain adequate staffing.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Once you libs accept that you're NEVER going to curtail the 2nd Amendment, we MIGHT be able to move forward with solutions.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Once you libs accept that you're NEVER going to curtail the 2nd Amendment, we MIGHT be able to move forward with solutions.

I wasn't suggesting curtailing the 2nd amendment, was I. But something has to be done.

There are very few guns in Portugal, and it is such a relief not to even think about mass shootings. Never crosses my mind. Why live that way? America is fucking nuts.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I wasn't suggesting curtailing the 2nd amendment, was I. But something has to be done.

There are very few guns in Portugal, and it is such a relief not to even think about mass shootings. Never crosses my mind. Why live that way? America is fucking nuts.
Something has to be done without restricting access to guns or ammo. Whats you suggestion?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yet deaths are down. The reason is why have gotten much better at treating covid than we were a year ago. For instance, we no longer out patients on their backs and we don't put them on ventilators where as we do have effective treatments available now. The Indian/Delta variety does spread some what more easily but it is not any more deadly than other versions. Meanwhile our treatment is much more effective.

Despite Lotusbud's ignorant ravings hospitals remain mostly empty even though they are admitting slightly more people as a precautionary measure. Recovery rates are at record highs. About 96% of the people who catch covid now are the unvaccinated but, again, virtually all recover. Those who are vaccinated remain about 95% immune.

So please stop posting thread after thread of your hysterical nonsense. Go outside for a walk, get a pet (you seem like you'd make a nice lonely cat lady), drink an alcoholic beverage of your choice and maybe find a nice Spanish tapas bar as Spanish food is vastly superior bland Portuguese food.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yet deaths are down. The reason is why have gotten much better at treating covid than we were a year ago. For instance, we no longer out patients on their backs and we don't put them on ventilators where as we do have effective treatments available now. The Indian/Delta variety does spread some what more easily but it is not any more deadly than other versions. Meanwhile our treatment is much more effective.

Despite Lotusbud's ignorant ravings hospitals remain mostly empty even though they are admitting slightly more people as a precautionary measure. Recovery rates are at record highs. About 96% of the people who catch covid now are the unvaccinated but, again, virtually all recover. Those who are vaccinated remain about 95% immune.

So please stop posting thread after thread of your hysterical nonsense. Go outside for a walk, get a pet (you seem like you'd make a nice lonely cat lady), drink an alcoholic beverage of your choice and maybe find a nice Spanish tapas bar as Spanish food is vastly superior bland Portuguese food.

MY ignorant ravings? I got that from a news source that was citing a doctor's version of reality. You know, someone who is actually on the front lines. I am sure even you have seen all the reports re the increase in gun violence. This is not about covid. Learn to read.

"Dr. Steven Mitchell, the medical director of the emergency department at Seattle's Harborview Medical Center, told Insider that so far this year the hospital had seen a 40% increase in the number of gunshot victims coming into the ER compared with 2020.

"We had been in a downward shift for the last few years," Mitchell said of the hospital's intake of gunshot victims. "Beginning in April, we have seen a clear trend where each month we have exceeded the previous few years in the number of cases that arrive in our emergency department from gun violence."

In the past year, cities across the US have seen a
even as rates of other crimes remain stable or are decreasing."

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Do you know the difference between covid deaths and inner city gang violence?

Edit: Ahh, I had multiple tabs open. I confused this one with one of the covid threads. My bad.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I mean this happens when riots are enabled and police are defunded and pushed into quitting due to extremely hostile conditions and no support from local leadership.

What on earth did we expect to happen?

I bet there are heavy gun control regulations in these areas its happen. We no specific references so it's probably Chicago. Unless it said where and I missed it.

Blue state problems, yeah? I dont worry much about mass shootings mostly because I dont live in the city.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Do you know the difference between covid deaths and inner city gang violence?

Edit: Ahh, I had multiple tabs open. I confused this one with one of the covid threads. My bad.

Oh, well then your boorish attacks are okay.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I mean this happens when riots are enabled and police are defunded and pushed into quitting due to extremely hostile conditions and no support from local leadership.

I bet there are heavy gun control regulations in these areas its happen. We no specific references so it's probably Chicago. Unless it said where and I missed it.

Blue state problems, yeah? I dont worry much about mass shootings mostly because I dont live in the city.

Most mass shootings are not in big cities. SMH

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Most mass shootings are not in big cities. SMH

When they happen in cities, they are called gang shootings. JS.

Look at the gun violence that occurs in inner cities. They wont call it mass shootings but it is. More people die in those than in "mass shootings".

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You are a liar. Gang shootings are the single greatest cause of mass shootings. So much so that lying left wing "researchers" falsely try to exclude gang shootings to obscure that hard reality. The actual legal definition of a mass shooting is when three or more people are shot in one event.

Guess what? The MAJORITY of those are black on black gang shootings. Lying leftists dislike that truth so they try to redefine mass shootings into excluding most mass shootings. It is stupid and a lie.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Already worn out from Covid, now they face a rise in gun violence.

• Exhausted emergency-room providers are now dealing with the fallout from rising gun violence.
  • One physician told Insider he'd seen a 40% rise in gunshot victims in the ER compared with 2020.
  • The increase in gun violence comes with hospitals struggling to maintain adequate staffing.
Dr. Steven Mitchell, the medical director of the emergency department at Seattle's Harborview Medical Center

Dr. Cedric Dark, a Houston emergency-room physician

Seattle and Houston. Shitholes ruined and run by democrat liberal scum

bye bitch

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You are a liar. Gang shootings are the single greatest cause of mass shootings. So much so that lying left wing "researchers" falsely try to exclude gang shootings to obscure that hard reality. The actual legal definition of a mass shooting is when three or more people are shot in one event.

Guess what? The MAJORITY of those are black on black gang shootings. Lying leftists dislike that truth so they try to redefine mass shootings into excluding most mass shootings. It is stupid and a lie.

Do you know the definition of a mass shooting?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What do you worry about more, you or your kid getting killed in a mass shooting at a mall, a school, a theater, etc., or you or your kid getting killed in gang crossfire?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Do you know the definition of a mass shooting?

If you read my post it contains the legal definition.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What do you worry about more, you or your kid getting killed in a mass shooting at a mall, a school, a theater, etc., or you or your kid getting killed in gang crossfire?

Both. Because both are mass shootings. Also, check out L.A. where even the nice areas have had bullets flying because of ghetto rats for decades.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Both. Because both are mass shootings. Also, check out L.A. where even the nice areas have had bullets flying because of ghetto rats for decades.
exactly.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Gang violence.

I stay out of the inner city.

Lotus thats the majority of gun violence. Yeah we know how its defined. Its MEANT to minimize gang violence and shove it to the side like we shouldnt worry about it.

Go look at all the little children murdered in gun violence last year alone and tell me that's not mass shootings. More people die in inner city gun violence than ANY mass shootings.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
So what does LowestDumb really think? That if guns & ammo suddenly become illegal they'll be no more mass shootings by sick people motivated by some kind of mental illness?

Does she believe the Cartel won't capitalize on this development and begin smuggling weapons across our porous borders?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So what does LowestDumb really think? That if guns & ammo suddenly become illegal they'll be no more mass shootings by sick people motivated by some kind of mental illness?

Does she believe the Cartel won't capitalize on this development and begin smuggling weapons across our porous borders?
She believes in magic.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I raised my kids in LA. Just left there two years ago. I was far, far, far more worried about mass shootings/school shootings than gang shit. That was confined to the neighborhoods where they lived, and they never targeted random people.

In one college I worked at in Orange County, all faculty and students had to do a full day of mass shooting drills.

In fact, in that mass shooting in Santa Monica a few years ago, two of the people who were killed were in the lives of two people I know. Both of them were devastated by the deaths. That guy was shooting people on the street. Not a gang member. A fucked up young man who killed his parents before going on a rampage.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I raised my kids in LA. Just left there two years ago. I was far, far, far more worried about mass shootings/school shootings than gang shit. That was confined to the neighborhoods where they lived, and they never targeted random people.

Ah... so you casually gazed upon those little darkies down there from your fucking Ivory tower and yet you support the polices which hurt those very same people and all under the umbrella of this hypocritical notion that "white man equals bad" and "black lives matter"

you're fucking scumbag.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Ah... so you casually gazed upon those little darkies down there from your fucking Ivory tower and yet you support the polices which hurt those very same people and all under the umbrella of this hypocritical notion that "white man equals bad" and "black lives matter"

you're fucking scumbag.

No fuckwit, that's not what I was saying and you know it. I didn't happen to live in the ghetto, is all. My schools were about 5% white, so don't give me that nonsense. I taught those kids, and did my damndest to help them find a way out. More than you ever fucking did for anyone.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

you're fucking scumbag.

No fuckwit, that's not what I was saying and you know it. I didn't happen to live in the ghetto

So basically you're one of those pontificating self righteous privileged slimes who wants everyone to think you're virtuous when in reality you are a self centered communist bum who wants everyone dragged down to your low level because you never amounted to anything worthwhile in life. Got it

carry on.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My stepson goes to our neighborhood elementary school which is 93.7% non-hispanic white and we have no history of mass shootings here either. That doesn't mean they don't happen and that they can't happen at the nice malls. Just look at Atlanta where my aunt lived for 30 years in Buckhead. A very nice area yet the ghetto rats have made it hell because now they go there to do their robbing and shooting.