Old News - New Retards

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
A living room is more formal. A Great Room, not so much.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

9I8lpts.jpg

It sounds like what we call a Great Room around here is not what it is considered by the Wiki person.

Our Great Room is more formal. It is for quiet gatherings, or for being alone reading, relaxing, contemplating...

And for formal dining. Our antique dining table has a massive base that splits and lengthens the table. The table is probably about 15 feet long when fully extended. It is great for large, formal gatherings.

The room in your picture is what I would consider a family room or a rec room.

Murdy

~always evolving
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I'm not a huge fan of recliners. But, when I sit on my kiddo's couch that has recliners on it and put my feet up...it gets real snoozy real fast. lol

Samesies!

He wants one soooooo bad and it took me months to convince him his grandfather’s old recliner was shot to hell and needed to GO ~ but I prefer visual esthetic to function since I dabble in interior design. He does have an oversized leather chair in our den.

I don’t hate it when other people have them tho. They are very comfortable.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
He wants one soooooo bad and it took me months to convince him his grandfather’s old recliner was shot to hell and needed to GO ~ but I prefer visual esthetic to function since I dabble in interior design.

That poor fat prick that got stuck with you. Imagine being such a henpecked wuss that you do not have a recliner when you want a recliner.

I like recliners, so we have a total of 10. Three sofas with 2 recliners in each, and 4 chairs that are recliners.

Here is a picture of two of them that show ignorant people like @Murdy that they are not all the same:

1usbGcs.jpeg

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I just ordered an outdoor rocking chair set with matching side table for the deck, it was tres cheap hopefully It lasts a couple seasons.

Our deck furniture is made by a company called C.R. Plastics. This place sells some of their products; this is similar to our sofa:

It is 2-3x the price of high end aluminum patio furniture, but it will last a lifetime.

I find it environmentally irresponsible to buy cheap shit that is only going to end up in the landfill in a couple of years.

Admin.

The Piltdown Man Did Nothing Wrong
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Our deck furniture is made by a company called C.R. Plastics. This place sells some of their products; this is similar to our sofa:

It is 2-3x the price of high end aluminum patio furniture, but it will last a lifetime.

I find it environmentally irresponsible to buy cheap shit that is only going to end up in the landfill in a couple of years.
My set is made out of wood, it will recycle and return to the earth quite nicely. While your's will be floating out in the middle of the pacific garbage patch for eons.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
That poor fat prick that got stuck with you. Imagine being such a henpecked wuss that you do not have a recliner when you want a recliner.

I like recliners, so we have a total of 10. Three sofas with 2 recliners in each, and 4 chairs that are recliners.

Here is a picture of two of them that show ignorant people like @Murdy that they are not all the same:

1usbGcs.jpeg
8wjqdd.jpg

:Excited5::Excited5::AttaBoi:

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
My set is made out of wood, it will recycle and return to the earth quite nicely. While your's will be floating out in the middle of the pacific garbage patch for eons.

They had to kill a tree to make yours.

Mine are 100% recycled plastic. They keep plastic from polluting the Earth.

"
Good For People, Good For The Planet

Our premium outdoor products are made from 100% recycled plastic.
"

cw_

> you
Site Supporter
What is it then? The fake wood stuff where you can see the seams? Did they come up with some other name for vinyl?
Sadly, it's cheaper and worse than composite. It's laminate. Not something I'd have chosen. It was here when I moved in and I feel no need to replace it. But yeah, it's pretty crappy.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

It would take me a bit of time to explain it to you...but you are being deceived because I generally take pictures with a lens set to a focal length of 50mm.

@cw_ uses a wide angle lens (smaller focal length) which will make rooms and objects appear to be bigger than they are.

It is a "trick" used by real estate agents when they post photos of house for sale. That is why when people go to see a house that they saw listed online in real life, they always say "It is much smaller than I thought."

I do not want to spoil his fun, but it is hard not to notice when @cw_ posts pictures like this:

t7hq26K.jpg

Look at the bookcase and window on the left. They are really the same size as the bookcase on the right, which appear to be much larger. His cheap wide angle camera lens distorts parts of the picture, which gives it away. That room looks like it is 25' wide, but it is probably only about 15' wide.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Sadly, it's cheaper and worse than composite. It's laminate. Not something I'd have chosen. It was here when I moved in and I feel no need to replace it. But yeah, it's pretty crappy.

I am not sure I could live like that.

You know @Murdy is going to remove your from her "Interior Design Tips" Mailing List, right?

cw_

> you
Site Supporter
It would take me a bit of time to explain it to you...but you are being deceived because I generally take pictures with a lens set to a focal length of 50mm.

@cw_ uses a wide angle lens (smaller focal length) which will make rooms and objects appear to be bigger than they are.

It is a "trick" used by real estate agents when they post photos of house for sale. That is why when people go to see a house that they saw listed online in real life, they always say "It is much smaller than I thought."

I do not want to spoil his fun, but it is hard not to notice when @cw_ posts pictures like this:

Look at the bookcase and window on the left. They are really the same size as the bookcase on the right, which appear to be much larger. His cheap wide angle camera lens distorts parts of the picture, which gives it away. That room looks like it is 25' wide, but it is probably only about 15' wide.
ooo maths!

The rug under what you think is a gaming table is 6x9. There's about 5 ft on either side.
9 + 10 = 19 So I'd say the room is probably 20 ft wide regardless of what my deceptive iphone SE is trying to fool you about.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
ooo maths!

The rug under what you think is a gaming table is 6x9. There's about 5 ft on either side.
9 + 10 = 19 So I'd say the room is probably 20 ft wide regardless of what my deceptive iphone SE is trying to fool you about.
@cw_ why do you have to use facts with him, now he's going to start posting pics he thinks will stun us into submission, or whatever this dweeb's goals are.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
There are moar in one of the spare bedrooms along with the musical instruments.
What kind of musical instruments? Do you play the flute or clarinet?

* maybe I shouldn't ask, as if it might be a dirty little secret