Old News - New Retards

Murdy

~always evolving
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I did too. Those are great. I have a rocking chair now. It's where I sit and talk when my friends call or the baby is over.

OMG, she's so damned cute. She started cooing and her face has gotten so expressive.

She is frickin adorbs! I can’t get enough.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter
This is the rocking chair I nursed my babies in:

vsef1iw.jpg

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
ooo maths!

The rug under what you think is a gaming table is 6x9. There's about 5 ft on either side.
9 + 10 = 19 So I'd say the room is probably 20 ft wide regardless of what my deceptive iphone SE is trying to fool you about.

Gaming table? Who said you had a gaming table?

Do you mean the little table by the little TV that looks like it is for gaming?

That rug does not look 9 feet long, unless those chair are extra, extra large. Like, for a @Lily sized ass.

That is the problem with using a crappy camera; your pictures are all distorted.

You should get a tape measure out and actually measure.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I played clarinet in grade school. Never kept up with that. So, no wind instruments.
Piano, guitars (acoustic and electric) autoharp, ukulele, various percussion instruments.

Oh, a guitar player.

This is a picture of a guitar I was selling....but I started to jam with it and liked it too much so I kept it.

f3PtRyl.jpeg

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
So I played a 3 hour show today.

I did not use the Gretsch in the picture above.

I used my Epiphone Sheraton and my Fender Telecaster. Used a cheap multi-effects pedal into a mixer, along with my mic and my partner's mic and guitar....all out to the PA speakers and monitors.

It was good. Chicks dig guitarists.

We play an all acoustic show tomorrow. I will be playing an Art and Lutherie Legacy guitar like this one:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
This is a picture of a guitar I was selling....but I started to jam with it and liked it too much so I kept it.
My buddy wanted to get an electric guitar and he fell in love with a Gretsch online. He finally pulled the trigger and bought it. He loves the feel and fit of it. I'm pretty sure it's somewhat similar to yours. His only problem is some buzzing with the low E on the lower frets.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
We play an all acoustic show tomorrow. I will be playing an Art and Lutherie Legacy guitar like this one:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I like the looks of this Roadhouse. Don't really need the electronics but I've always had a hankering for a 'parlor' acoustic.

50215_Montreal_Premiere_Laguna_Blue-copy_0054_42395_Roadhouse_BBST_EA_front.-350x700.jpg

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
My buddy wanted to get an electric guitar and he fell in love with a Gretsch online. He finally pulled the trigger and bought it. He loves the feel and fit of it. I'm pretty sure it's somewhat similar to yours. His only problem is some buzzing with the low E on the lower frets.

That is probably an easy adjustment. See if the bridge has a way to raise the string. Bridges are all different on how they can be adjusted, but that's probably all it will take. Another option is adjusting the truss rod. You know, potentially it could be a problem with a high fret...

It would probably be best to bring it to a guitar shop and get it setup if the cause is not obvious.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I like the looks of this Roadhouse. Don't really need the electronics but I've always had a hankering for a 'parlor' acoustic.

50215_Montreal_Premiere_Laguna_Blue-copy_0054_42395_Roadhouse_BBST_EA_front.-350x700.jpg

I am not even going to think about it. If I do, I will want one and my wife will throttle me.

"You do not need another guitar!!!"

I do have one even smaller than a parlor...a little travel guitar...I take it camping just to stay in practice...this model:

washburn-rover-acoustic-travel-guitar-trans-blue-2_800x.jpg

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
That is probably an easy adjustment. See if the bridge has a way to raise the string. Bridges are all different on how they can be adjusted, but that's probably all it will take. Another option is adjusting the truss rod. You know, potentially it could be a problem with a high fret...

It would probably be best to bring it to a guitar shop and get it setup if the cause is not obvious.
That's what he's gonna do. We have a small local shop with a guy we know and trust. That's most of his business, these days.

I'm set with a Seagull acoustic. Our local guy was an authorized dealer and he was willing to order what I wanted. (instead of trying to sell me something that he already had on hand)

folk.jpg

folk-hs.jpg

folk-innards.jpg

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
That's what he's gonna do. We have a small local shop with a guy we know and trust. That's most of his business, these days.

I'm set with a Seagull acoustic. Our local guy was an authorized dealer and he was willing to order what I wanted. (instead of trying to sell me something that he already had on hand)

folk.jpg

folk-hs.jpg

folk-innards.jpg

Nice.

That is a Godin brand too, same as my Art and Lutherie, but Seagull is higher end.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
This is mid-level. There was a cheaper one on the wall that I liked but I wanted what I wanted. ~ $700 with a hardshell case.

* that was i don't know how many years ago