Pero vieja...I am not Mexican

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
I didn’t realize Lily is wearing an Army green military coat and the the Mexican’s are telling her to go home
.. I know you don't, dear lass, but the idea there is that the people crashing the border do not see those born in the US and generations old therein as one of their's. I related the amusing tale of one who ranted and complained of the ones they want to claim oneness with when neighbored (one might ask why the origin/nationality of the neighbor needed to be mentioned in that tale - though I don't). Had I told the story, I would have just said the neighbor, and not been more specific (people being people and the behavior being the behavior). Harkening back to my post of earlier today - The Haitian man - he had come to the USA (the A standing for America) some 20+ years earlier and was very much Americanized. In approaching the more recent arrivals from his homeland they rejected him as a fellow. You? No, you're not one of us, they said. He was, one might say a "gringo" in the poetic sense, in spite of his personal historical affiliation with Haiti- in spite of his own feelings of ancestry.

There is a "quote" attributed Lenin - it goes to include the term useful idiots - that relating to the Liberals who supported the overthrow of the Czar Nicolas of Russia at the time of the first world war, but who were tossed aside in the success of the revolution - they having done the hard work. Think on that dear, "libs".

Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
.. I know you don't, dear lass, but the idea there is that the people crashing the border do not see those born in the US and generations old therein as one of their's. I related the amusing tale of one who ranted and complained of the ones they want to claim oneness with when neighbored (one might ask why the origin/nationality of the neighbor needed to be mentioned in that tale - though I don't). Had I told the story, I would have just said the neighbor, and not been more specific (people being people and the behavior being the behavior). Harkening back to my post of earlier today - The Haitian man - he had come to the USA (the A standing for America) some 20+ years earlier and was very much Americanized. In approaching the more recent arrivals from his homeland they rejected him as a fellow. You? No, you're not one of us, they said. He was, one might say a "gringo" in the poetic sense, in spite of his personal historical affiliation with Haiti- in spite of his own feelings of ancestry.

There is a "quote" attributed Lenin - it goes to include the term useful idiots - that relating to the Liberals who supported the overthrow of the Czar Nicolas of Russia at the time of the first world war, but who were tossed aside in the success of the revolution - they having done the hard work. Think on that dear, "libs".

Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.

You’ve gone from insulting her race to implying she is a different one to now dry trumping border issues.

Take a deep breath… the Mexicans aren’t going to infiltrate NY because the Nuricans already have.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I just did a wake and bake so bear with me. If I understand this thread correctly these two women are offended because the restaurant owner wasn't speaking their language. One night at the chess club we had two members who were fluent in both English and French, chose to speak to each other in French. The rest of the club speaks only English. Honestly, I was a little offended but said nothing, but there's a big difference between the chess club and a public restaurant. You go to a restaurant to order food, eat it and leave.

At a chess club or at any other social club it's much different because these gatherings are meant to be social and to have a good time with your fellow members. When two of the members start talking in a language that 98% of the other members don't understand it then becomes anti-social. It makes the English speaking members feel as though they aren't worthy enough to be part of that conversation.

KGAT8qp.png

I agree with Lily on this one. Who cares what language the employees speak as long as your order is taken and is correct. I wouldn't care if the employees of the place spoke in ancient Hebrew as long as my food was right. I understand where those two women are coming from but the way they spoke to that man was appalling to say the least. They didn't need to be assholes about it. They could have chosen to be cordial about it and ask the man politely to speak English. They chose to be hateful bitches, and to me that screams racism.

Like it not people we are all stuck on this giant globe together. How is being hateful towards each other based on ignorance or race going to make our lives any better?

Last edited:

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
You’ve gone from insulting her race to implying she is a different one to now dry trumping border issues.
No I didn't. I never implied that she was anything but a white American, and that's from her own postings. I even related the story of how anxious to get away from Mexicans she was - a classic case of white flight.
.. You know what's interesting is that you and the gringa started working straight out of the Bigly Smellz playbook. It's almost like Bigly and Duhv never left.
...and you two went from full on racism, to ageism, to genderism. Any isms I left out? I mean considering what isolated lives you've lead do you really think you should be lecturing anyone?
...oh - just wondering. When you go out among the people, and you wave to them from your tour bus, do they wave back or just point and raff?

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I just did a wake and bake so bear with me. If I understand this thread correctly these two women are offended because the restaurant owner wasn't speaking their language. One night at the chess club we had two members who were fluent in both English and French, chose to speak to each other in French. The rest of the club speaks only English. Honestly, I was a little offended but said nothing, but there's a big difference between the chess club and a public restaurant. You go to a restaurant to order food, eat it and leave.

At a chess club or at any other social club it's much different because these gatherings are meant to be social and to have a good time with your fellow members. When two of the members start talking in a language that 98% of the other members don't understand it then becomes anti-social. It makes the English speaking members feel as though they aren't worthy enough to be part of that conversation.

KGAT8qp.png

I agree with Lily on this one. Who cares what language the employees speak as long as your order is taken and is correct. I wouldn't care if the employees of the place spoke in ancient Hebrew as long as my food was right. I understand where those two women are coming from but the way they spoke to that man was appalling to say the least. They didn't need to be assholes about it. They could have chosen to be cordial about it and ask the man politely to speak English. They chose to be hateful bitches, and to me that screams racism.

Like it not people we are all stuck on this giant globe together. How is being hateful towards each other based on ignorance or race going to make our lives any better?
I wouldn't have reacted in the way the women did either, then again I wouldn't be eating in a fast food joint - plus in my private and professional life I've been around people from all around the world to the point of often being a minority myself - I tune out what I need to. 2 things though - I've known Oak for 16 years or so as a poster. What she did there is an ongoing pattern of vilifying white people and English speakers, it isn't isolated or random - not without purpose. The bagboy's response was equally rude and unprofessional btw.
..but here is what I find more disturbing, here we have a very small group of people, most play their rolls like tv actors. The video came from somewhere where it can be accessed by who knows how many people. It will divide people, and in-particular many people who are struggling, maybe lost a job, having trouble supporting a family and under a mountain of very real stress will see that as foreign people showing disrespect - or even being part of the reason they are having trouble. People in that position will be pushed into extreme backlash positions feeling they have been let down, they need a champion who understands them etc. That is how the right-wing populist Trump assumed power in the US. What has happened here has been repeating not for a few years but throughout history. In the US the Chinese Exclusion Act came at a time when jobs were scarce and there where many Chinese workers who had worked on the transcontinental railroad vying for jobs native born people felt they had first dibs on. In the 20s there's the famous case of Harvey Anslinger devising the anti-marijuana movement to rid the southwest of migrant workers. We had to live with the fallout of that for nearly 100 years with conservatives vilifying and jailing people for private use of weed - it became a way of confining mainly black people.
Black Legion is a Bogart movie which addresses how and why people react to such pressures - It's Bogie so you know it's a good movie. It really paints the picture well.
I linked a forum discussion by Libertarians - open border conservatives - in which several, even though they believe in virtually no government or restrictions on immigration, expressed the concern and understanding that common language is what unites people - it's a common underpinning in a unified cohesive society. They can figure it out, a dummy like me can figure it out, Michael Moore can figure it out. There's well armed people who only need a little push to start shooting. Not inspiring them takes a little self awareness - something Oak simply doesn't have.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

KGAT8qp.png

It really isn't all that complicated. Those women were hateful. It's good to see some people are decent here at BF.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Take a deep breath… the Mexicans aren’t going to infiltrate NY because the Nuricans already have.

I've never claimed to be anything but:

Chicana/Latina/Mexican-American/Hispanic.

I am Mestiza by race, both Caucasian and Native American as family DNA testing has proven. I live next door to Latinos, two doors down are another Latino family, and across the street there are several more. I also have Caucasian and African-American families on my street.

It's sad to see people invent things whole cloth. It's as if Duhv and Hugely were still posting here. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
It really isn't all that complicated. Those women were hateful. It's good to see some people are decent here at BF.
Well, thank you Lily. That's kind of you to say, but I've learned over the years that many members on forums have a persona that they use to be someone they're not irl for entertainment purposes. To play a role type deal. Those silly alts that I used were just for fun. That way I'm talking to you now for example, is me. This is who I am. I once knew a member from another forum over a decade ago who went around talking like an Atheist. "Fuck God" and all of that kind of crap. This same member sent me a pm wishing me a merry Christmas and God Bless. lol

I'm not a terribly exciting person to talk with which is why my custom title is: 'Mr. Excitement'. When members like X and Weeg get going in the box with their banter I'm lost. I have no idea how to keep up with them. lol

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, thank you Lily. That's kind of you to say, but I've learned over the years that many members on forums have a persona that they use to be someone they're not irl for entertainment purposes. To play a role type deal. Those silly alts that I used were just for fun. That way I'm talking to you now for example, is me. This is who I am. I once knew a member from another forum over a decade ago who went around talking like an Atheist. "Fuck God" and all of that kind of crap. This same member sent me a pm wishing me a merry Christmas and God Bless. lol

I'm not a terribly exciting person to talk with which is why my custom title is: 'Mr. Excitement'. When members like X and Weeg get going in the box with their banter I'm lost. I have no idea how to keep up with them. lol

You're welcome. I agree sometimes they're just personas. However, when someone is consistent over more than 16 years and has said these things to me personally in an actual conversation, it's not just an act, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
You're welcome. I agree sometimes they're just personas. However, when someone is consistent over more than 16 years and has said these things to me personally in an actual conversation, it's not just an act, in my opinion.
Well, in that case it's different I guess.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Shit, I feel like I am getting to know you and you are indeed not a terribly exciting person.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

What a hypocrite.

"There is no such thing as race. Only the human race."

"I do not know how Japanese can forgive white people for WWII. I do not know how black people can forgive white people for what has happened in this country."

She is okay with racism and the idea of different races only if it is racism against white people.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What a hypocrite.

"There is no such thing as race. Only the human race."

"I do not know how Japanese can forgive white people for WWII. I do not know how black people can forgive white people for what has happened in this country."

She is okay with racism and the idea of different races only if it is racism against white people.
I think there's racism everywhere @The Prowler and all races and nations practicse it.

We villified the Whites for racism in South Africa, but when the Blacks got into power there, they discriminated against the Native White population and drove many into poverty.

Racism whether practised by Whites, Blacks or other...is unacceptable.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think there's racism everywhere @The Prowler and all races and nations practicse it.

We villified the Whites for racism in South Africa, but when the Blacks got into power there, they discriminated against the Native White population and drove many into poverty.

Racism whether practised by Whites, Blacks or other...is unacceptable.

Racism and bigotry are different. I agree that all people have prejudices of one kind or another, but not all people practice racism.