Pero vieja...I am not Mexican

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Of course the old biddies don't care that the manager and owner of the franchise aren't Mexican...all Spanish speakers are Mexican, right?

X

xXx
Site Supporter
for me it's like taking your shoes off before entering someone's home, it's respectful, like speaking English when English speakers are present , self awareness ,,,, I'd be all like, are they plotting to steal my burger ?? ffs SPEAK ENGLISH !!

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
for me it's like taking your shoes off before entering someone's home, it's respectful, like speaking English when English speakers are present , self awareness ,,,, I'd be all like, are they plotting to steal my burger ?? ffs SPEAK ENGLISH !!

Why does it matter to you in a fast food restaurant? If they served you your food with courtesy....what more do you need from. strangers?

How much control over other people do you think your $10 combo meal gets you?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I’m from Los Angeles where we are all fluent in Spanglish…

If they can’t speak English then I understand… for instance, we went to dinner with my cousin and his girlfriend and no one at our table except EBS spoke fluent Spanish. One of the waiters was clearing plates and my cousin asked him for an appetizer and he scurried away. Another waiter came over to confirm the appetizer we were trying to order was put in. I told him that EBS speaks fluent Spanish and to ask him to please talk to us when he comes by. The waiter made his way back over to our table and we had fun talking to him with EBS translating. He was a college student from Ecuador who had been here less than 4 months.

Now the women who come to my table speaking English and then start flirting with my man in Spanish are another issue all together. I’m about to get 86’ed from this joint for sporking a bitch! :GiggleBitch:

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I love to hear spoken Spanish words. Way more rounder then English, German or say Dutch. I miss my home and adopted country. Hanging on until the 12th. Two months is the longest I’ve been away in 24 years. GF and I live differently and in different worlds. Pretty much done here. Her new pool has water in it. Pumps are running. I love you, along with myself.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I love to hear spoken Spanish words. Way more rounder then English, German or say Dutch. I miss my home and adopted country. Hanging on until the 12th. Two months is the longest I’ve been away in 24 years. GF and I live differently and in different worlds. Pretty much done here. Her new pool has water in it. Pumps are running. I love you, along with myself.

Spanish, and the other romance languages are incredibly beautiful, imo. I bet you miss it...I can only imagine how slow and relaxing life is in CR.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Spanish, and the other romance languages are incredibly beautiful, imo. I bet you miss it...I can only imagine how slow and relaxing life is in CR.
It’s different for sure. My home and all my things are there. Most would understand. Too many clothes to wear and worry about here.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Why does it matter to you in a fast food restaurant? If they served you your food with courtesy....what more do you need from. strangers?

How much control over other people do you think your $10 combo meal gets you?
Like I said, respectful.... you can't force people I get it....now if I were in a latin establishment .... there's a sying, 'when in Rome'

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Like I said, respectful.... you can't force people I get it....now if I were in a latin establishment .... there's a sying, 'when in Rome'

I disagree.

If I were at a dinner party and didn't speak the language, let's say Czech, and everyone else was speaking it, then I would consider that rude...everyone should be able to participate.

If I'm surrounded by strangers, like they were at Burger King, that's not rude. No one goes to Burger King to enjoy their food with strangers. The person or persons you're with are the people that should speak a language you understand.

I am bilingual. When I choose to speak Spanish, let me tell you the vast majority of the time, probably 99%, it's about what's going on with me and those in my life. And because I can speak both language and can understand what people are saying...people are involved in their own lives. They don't much care about those around them other than common public courtesy...

X

xXx
Site Supporter
I disagree.

If I were at a dinner party and didn't speak the language, let's say Czech, and everyone else was speaking it, then I would consider that rude...everyone should be able to participate.

If I'm surrounded by strangers, like they were at Burger King, that's not rude. No one goes to Burger King to enjoy their food with strangers. The person or persons you're with are the people that should speak a language you understand.

I am bilingual. When I choose to speak Spanish, let me tell you the vast majority of the time, probably 99%, it's about what's going on with me and those in my life. And because I can speak both language and can understand what people are saying...people are involved in their own lives. They don't much care about those around them other than common public courtesy...
but maybe those two wanted to eat in peace ...I wouldn't have been as rude but I can relate

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
but maybe those two wanted to eat in peace ...I wouldn't have been as rude but I can relate

Why are other people talking a disruption to one's peace? If you want complete peace, where other people talking won't be an issue...eat the fuck at home. Restaurants aren't the places to be if one wants quiet.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Why are other people talking a disruption to one's peace? If you want complete peace, where other people talking won't be an issue...eat the fuck at home. Restaurants aren't the places to be if one wants quiet.
why you mad tho LOL

some people prefer English , is what it is doesn't make it wrong because you get mad at it lol

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
why you mad tho LOL

some people prefer English , is what it is doesn't make it wrong because you get mad at it lol

I'm not mad, there are other emotions...like exasperated. Some things just don't make sense to me. I live in area of the world where people speak dozens of languages. I don't get to arrange the world to my liking once I exit my front door.

Live and let live. Those old ladies were rude.

Last edited:

X

xXx
Site Supporter
I'm not mad, there are other emotions...like exasperated. Some things just don't make sense to me. I live in area of the world where people speak dozens of languages. I don't get to arrange the world to my liking once I exist my front door.

Live and let live. Those old ladies were rude.
rude yes, that I agree with ... I try to arrange the world to my liking after all it is my life ...

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Yup, but sometimes people need a reminder that they share the werld with others and a little self awareness goes a long wayyyy

X

xXx
Site Supporter
yes his feelz were hurt, he can cry in his buritto later

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
.. Why do people escape a shitty country that failed them only to drag that shitty culture and language of failure to the adopted home that welcomed them?

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Of course the old biddies don't care that the manager and owner of the franchise aren't Mexican...all Spanish speakers are Mexican, right?

Shovel, back of head to that mutherfucker guy.
Shit when I go to the Mexican restaurant the servers have enough sense to speak English. Apparently that ignorant entitled PoS doesn't. Then he goes and gets all arrogant about it - LoLz. Remember, servants, the customer is always right.

Reactions: X

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I think the world would be a better place if all men spoke Spanish and all women spoke French tbh.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
I think the world would be a better place if all men spoke Spanish and all women spoke French tbh.
French and Italian are pretty, lyric sounding, languages. Spanish isn't - at least not the way it is spoken by hispanics.
...and heck I've dated hispanic women who said they would never be with a hispanic (not meaning Spanish/Spaniard) man because of their primitive machismo bs attitude. That melonhead guy certainly is a good example. How hard would it have been for Mr Melonhead to comply with a simple request rather than berating two old ladies. What a PoS coward. And then he threatens them - worse than a coward, whatever that would be. He's the sort of shit that native people get pissed about.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Shovel, back of head to that mutherfucker guy.
Shit when I go to the Mexican restaurant the servers have enough sense to speak English. Apparently that ignorant entitled PoS doesn't. Then he goes and gets all arrogant about it - LoLz. Remember, servants, the customer is always right.

Wtf?

Why can't people speak to one another in a foreign language?

You claim to love freedom. You don't know what the word means.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
French and Italian are pretty, lyric sounding, languages. Spanish isn't - at least not the way it is spoken by hispanics.
...and heck I've dated hispanic women who said they would never be with a hispanic (not meaning Spanish/Spaniard) man because of their primitive machismo bs attitude. That melonhead guy certainly is a good example. How hard would it have been for Mr Melonhead to comply with a simple request rather than berating two old ladies. What a PoS coward. And then he threatens them - worse than a coward, whatever that would be. He's the sort of shit that native people get pissed about.

Spanish and Italian are very similar. My stepfather is from southern Italy and they all speak slang. I’m pretty sure most people from there do.