Portugal - Drug Failure

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Portugal's decriminalization has not backfired. Addiction numbers have not gone up since decriminilization. He was double talking. There is nothing at all close to what's going on in the US here. But, apparently, before they decriminalized 20+ years ago, things were really bad here. I don't know what the fuck what's her name from TYT is talking about re things getting bad here again. If they are, it's probably the English here. Or it's some blowback from the lockdown. Plus, the huge numbers of tourists who are coming here now. I wouldn't expect that trend to continue rising. Calling Portugal's drug policies a failure is complete and utter bullshit.

I think recriminalizing drugs would be a disaster. Defunding and outsourcing are both bad ideas. Portugal has been doing that more, and it's not fucking good. The national airline is going private. BAD IDEA.

BTW, co-pays here are very small. Like 5, 10 euros. It cost me 18 euros to go to emergency at the very modern and fully staffed hospital here and get x-rays when I twisted my ankle badly. I had to wait about 20 minutes to get my x-rays and see a doctor. Prescription drug co-pays hover around 5 euros. And I mean for shit that costs thousands in the US. And I can't believe Anna at the end says Portugal is having the same addiction problems as the US. Yeah, I really don't think that's true.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I don't know what the fuck what's her name from TYT is talking about re things getting bad here again.

She was quoting stats from a national survey or something. It sounds like once the laws on narcotics were loosened, more people decided to give hard drugs a try.

If they are, it's probably the English here.

That sounds like bias or prejudice against the English. But if you have some sound reasoning for saying that, please share.

Or it's some blowback from the lockdown.

Possibly people turned to strong narcotics to fill the time and they got addicted. When strong narcotics are considered socially acceptable and legal, that is bound to happen.

I wouldn't expect that trend to continue rising.

Time will tell. I doubt you predicted such an increase in usage and addiction, but it happened.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
She was quoting stats from a national survey or something. It sounds like once the laws on narcotics were loosened, more people decided to give hard drugs a try.

That sounds like bias or prejudice against the English. But if you have some sound reasoning for saying that, please share.

Possibly people turned to strong narcotics to fill the time and they got addicted. When strong narcotics are considered socially acceptable and legal, that is bound to happen.

Time will tell. I doubt you predicted such an increase in usage and addiction, but it happened.
It is simply not true that more people tried hard drugs after decriminlization. You did not even listen to the video you posted. Drug use went waaaaaayyyyy down after decriminlization and is only recently beginning to creep back up. That recent increase could be because of lockdown, increases in tourism, etc, and could be temporary, but it has definitely not taken Portugal back to pre-decriminlization numbers. Pay attention.

That part about the English -- it was a joke! Don't worry. I know many posters here fail to catch my jokes.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
It is simply not true that more people tried hard drugs after decriminlization.

"A newly released national survey suggests the percent of adults who have used illicit drugs increased to 12.8 percent in 2022, up from 7.8 in 2002."

I know you are not strong in mathematics, so I will help you out here: 12.8 > 7.8

That means it is "bigger". Haha!!!

Don't worry. I know many posters here fail to catch my jokes.

Yeah, many many many many posters here "fail to catch" your jokes.

At what point do you own your own failures, Home Wrecker?

You need to work on your material.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"A newly released national survey suggests the percent of adults who have used illicit drugs increased to 12.8 percent in 2022, up from 7.8 in 2002."

I know you are not strong in mathematics, so I will help you out here: 12.8 > 7.8

That means it is "bigger". Haha!!!

Yeah, many many many many posters here "fail to catch" your jokes.

At what point do you own your own failures, Home Wrecker?

You need to work on your material.
Home wrecker? WTF are you talking about.

You know the precentage of adults "who have used illicit drugs" does not equal a drug problem, right? Marijuana is an illicit drug. So are magic mushrooms. Give me a break.

Sorry if you righties are too stupid to recognize a joke when you see it.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Home wrecker? WTF are you talking about.

You know the precentage of adults "who have used illicit drugs" does not equal a drug problem, right? Marijuana is an illicit drug. So are magic mushrooms. Give me a break.

Sorry if you righties are too stupid to recognize a joke when you see it.

Do not play stupid, Home Wrecker.

Even the left-wing TYT are reporting on Portugal's failed drug policy.

They tried. It did not work. Now you have a bigger drug problem than you started with in Portugal.

How long are you going to keep leaning on "It was the Covid!!!" excuse? Haha!!!