Prepping.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Why start a fire and make yourself seen or waste fuel that could be used for cooking? I wouldn't want to be scrounging for dry wood in the event of a hurricane/floods. But that's just me.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
That would cross my mind in the event of chaos and mob attacks in the immediate vicinity. The general rule to survival, is to pack light and embrace a nomadic lifestyle.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Everyone rate your suspected % that it's going to come to this

I'm rating at 95% chance it goes down this route within 5 years

Dunno... perhaps not for 100 years or more. Maybe next week.... it's just diversifying of options, is all.

Like having a bit of precious metals and crypto along with stocks, bonds, cash on hand.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
That would cross my mind in the event of chaos and mob attacks in the immediate vicinity. The general rule to survival, is to pack light and embrace a nomadic lifestyle.

Keep your options open and at the ready....

20211202-145344-1648692909687.png

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Nobody has mentioned water and water treatment...
I did, briefly. But I'd like to hear what you think on that topic as that's probably my weakest link as I am focused on the spring fed fresh well water I have pumped into my house on demand via my own unit in the yard

Pumps break, generators can seize, wells can be contaminated.

For the budget conscious, go with some collapsible high capacity rain water sacks, some tarps, and a good quality ceramic filter like a katadyn combi for groundwater use....even a handful of cheap Lifestraws, and additive free bleach (to be swapped out as they expire periodically)...

In your situation, a mechanical hand pump on your well, large poly rain water tanks outside or within the foundation (they are popular here.. ie hidden), plus all the mentioned items for the budget conscious.

And be sure to get 1-2 spare gasket replacement kits for the ceramic water filters.

We are wanting to build just a basic ass rain water collection system behind the house.

We have well access and a really good filtration system and water purifier BUT we want the rain water as well.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I did, briefly. But I'd like to hear what you think on that topic as that's probably my weakest link as I am focused on the spring fed fresh well water I have pumped into my house on demand via my own unit in the yard

For the budget conscious, go with some collapsible high capacity rain water sacks, some tarps, and a good quality ceramic filter like a katadyn combi for groundwater use....even a handful of cheap Lifestraws, and additive free bleach (to be swapped out as they expire periodically)...

In your situation, a mechanical hand pump on your well, large poly rain water tanks outside or within the foundation (they are popular here.. ie hidden), plus all the mentioned items for the budget conscious.

And be sure to get 1-2 spare gasket replacement kits for the ceramic water filters.

We are wanting to build just a basic ass brain water collection system behind the house.

We have well access and a really good filtration system and water purifier BUT we want the rain water as well.

You'd have drain off above ground tanks every fall in Michigan.... or get a below ground tank under the freeze line....

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Our biggest concern would be my mothers essential meds like her heart meds and psych meds. Having to survive with a woman off her psych meds does not sound fun lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

We are wanting to build just a basic ass brain water collection system behind the house.

You'd have drain off above ground tanks every fall in Michigan.... or get a below ground tank under the freeze line....

Yep. Big pain in the ass. There is no way right now we could do an underground tank as we dont own the land we are on.

There are tanks under the freeze line at the cabin and if shit goes super nuts, we are literally going to haul this trailor to the land where the cabin is. Deck and everything. Just drag it north lol.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yep. Big pain in the ass. There is no way right now we could do an underground tank as we dont own the land we are on.

There are tanks under the freeze line at the cabin and if shit goes super nuts, we are literally going to haul this trailor to the land where the cabin is. Deck and everything. Just drag it north lol.

If shit went nuts, I'd grab what was useful and/or valuable and leave the rest.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

If shit went nuts, I'd grab what was useful and/or valuable and leave the rest.

Well.....if by nuts we mean martail law or open hot civil war, yeah.

I more so meant nuts with this property owner lol. We will just drag our can elsewhere lol.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️

50/50
Next 2 to 3 years.

Its depending on 2 things imo.

1. Mid terms, the Rugs need to win and remove Bidet and the Hyena. Then they need to change direction, they need to install unity party of Tulsi Gabbard and Dan Krenshaw(Snake Plisken) with remit to go after oligarchs and political corruption, hammer big tech with anti-trust laws, racketeering etc. Both are veterans both have high trust profiles.

2. Depends how bad food shortages and everything else gets in the west, I can see a few states collapsing, revolutions dont happen with full bellies.

This is the way, this is the only way...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

50/50
Next 2 to 3 years.

1. Mid terms, the Rugs need to win and remove Bidet and the Hyena. Then they need to change direction, they need to install unity party of Tulsi Gabbard and Dan Krenshaw(Snake Plisken) with remit to go after oligarchs and political corruption, hammer big tech with anti-trust laws, racketeering etc. Both are veterans both have high trust profiles.

2. Depends how bad food shortages and everything else gets in the west, I can see a few states collapsing, revolutions dont happen with full bellies.

Gabbard is a former associate member of the CFR and Crenshaw has outbursts not geared for building confidence in him either....

They need a stronger more principled candidate.... like a Rand Paul/Ron DeSantis ticket.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️

50/50
Next 2 to 3 years.

Gabbard is a former associate member of the CFR and Crenshaw has outbursts not geared for building confidence in him either....

They need a stronger more principled candidate.... like a Rand Paul/Ron DeSantis ticket.

Whats CFR?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

50/50
Next 2 to 3 years.

I agree with you on Crenshaw. I love Tulsi though and since shes a democrat who still cares about America.....shes a good unifying force.

I mean.....shes being smeared as a Putinist, but yeah lol. I like Rand Paul and DeSantis enough to not want them to run together.....we gotta spread them out. Make sure these establishment demons dont get back in.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I meet all your rules Cookie, Im prepped lol.

I need to prepare one of my backpacks for the Jeep. In case while out and about some shit goes down.

I also need to prepare my ALICE pack for bugging out of the home, just in case it comes to that. But I plan on bugging in, until I have to bug out.

You can do so much better than am ALICE pack, dude. Those things are uncomfortable as fuck. Visit your local R.E.I..

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

50/50
Next 2 to 3 years.

I agree with you on Crenshaw. I love Tulsi though and since shes a democrat who still cares about America.....shes a good unifying force.

I mean.....shes being smeared as a Putinist, but yeah lol. I like Rand Paul and DeSantis enough to not want them to run together.....we gotta spread them out. Make sure these establishment demons dont get back in.

I like Tulsi too... but her background precludes her of any really trust from me.

Kind of like we should of viewed George Bush Sr in 79/80 as VP...

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Council of Foreign Relations

Cheers, had a sniff about. I dont see the problem, I have been an associate of a think tank as well, The Next Generation. Associated with the Adam Smith Institute. Its a notthing burger, just means they are nerdy types interested in "high faluting" ideas.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Cheers, had a sniff about. I dont see the problem, I have been an associate of a think tank as well, The Next Generation. Associated with the Adam Smith Institute. Its a notthing burger, just means they are nerdy types interested in "high faluting" ideas.

And I was an Order of the Arrow boy scout Ordeal member when I was 14... a Mason thing.... though I didn't know at the time.

She was more than twice my age at the time....

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️

And I was an Order of the Arrow boy scout Ordeal member when I was 14... a Mason thing.... though I didn't know at the time.

So was I as an undergrad aged 28, meant I attended ASI shindigs, lectures, talks etc. happy days!

Thar she blows!!!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

50/50
Next 2 to 3 years.

I like Tulsi Gabbard

She is seriously the ONLY democrat I do like.

The rest of them are all shit. From the politicians right down to the lemmings that follow them

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I meet all your rules Cookie, Im prepped lol.

I need to prepare one of my backpacks for the Jeep. In case while out and about some shit goes down.

I also need to prepare my ALICE pack for bugging out of the home, just in case it comes to that. But I plan on bugging in, until I have to bug out.

You can do so much better than am ALICE pack, dude. Those things are uncomfortable as fuck. Visit your local R.E.I..

REI?

It was my dad's, I inherited it when he passed away a few years ago. I havent used it yet, but it holds the most of all my packs. I hear you can upgrade them, the shoulder and lower back support, to the modern MOLE stuff. I do have 2 other large backpacks, but ALICE holds the most lol.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

So was I as an undergrad aged 28, meant I attended ASI shindigs, lectures, talks etc. happy days!

Thar she blows!!!

Yeah... lefty free market principles bundled up for a UK market.

Kind of like Free Masonry or OoA boy scout shit-duggery....

And much like Council of Foreign Relations which Tulsi got sucked into...

Not to be trusted in a US president....

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️

Thar she blows!!!

"Yeah... lefty free market principles bundled up for a UK market."

You know Britain invented all this stuff right? If you ever read Smith's Wealth of Nations he rails against Mercantilism which kind of matches modern critiques of the Military Industrial Complex.
"Lefty" lol go back to school.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Thar she blows!!!

"Yeah... lefty free market principles bundled up for a UK market."

You know Britain invented all this stuff right? If you ever read Smith's Wealth of Nations he rails against Mercantilism which kind of matches modern critiques of the Military Industrial Complex.
"Lefty" lol go back to school.

Ok, leftist...

The Colonies told you where to stick it.