Prepping.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
A list of food items which are expected to experience shortages in 2022. It includes things like beef, poultry, canned foods, pet foods, dairy, while bread flour is expected to rise in cost by at least double. Oh, and supposedly there will be a shortage of eggs.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Thats cos all your chickens in the US have some kind of avain flu and are being offed. Looking at the chicken nuggy prices quoted here I reckon chickens cheaper in the UK, this never used to be the case. Going to check nuggie nprices tomorrow and get back to you all.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Newest shortage: Paper and cardboard.

As a press operator/paper handler, I can tell you this is not a new shortage. This shit started last year when lumber prices skyrocketed.

Ever since then, its steadily gotten worse and worse. Most paper actually comes from China. So there for a bit, it was tied up at the ports.

Those ports got backed up on purpose. California decided "no trucks over 10 years old" suddenly, which eliminated a LOT of truckers.

It was taking us a month to get paper at that point.

Fast forward, paper cost has increased twice, up 20%, and now we can hardly find any paper at all, and sometimes takes up to 3 months to get!

The way I understand it, they have tried firing up the old paper mills here in the states, but they are only operating at 50% capacity.

ALL printing companies are feeling this effect. Some even began panic buying, and bought up what stock there was from suppliers, causing other companies to not be able to get any. Shit is ridiculous!

All of our last minute customers are having a fit, because now they have to wait.

Of course all this is having a ripple effect on most things we buy. Like for instance I cant hardly find paper plates anymore. Expect this to affect boxes for food products and such too.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Ive always been a bargain hunter looking for deals in the pound shops we have in the UK, not only are bargains decreasing but so is the share of the stores devoted to food where they buy up foriegn surplus dirt cheap. Shows supplies are tightening up, each time out I buy at least double and will maintain this till the end of may. I always like to have "30 meals ahead" and am about double that now so by end of may should top 100.

Same for basic medicine and arms, will also buy water sterilisation tablets.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
If you are in Europe you might want to buy a pellet stove for next winter. Russia just cut off gas supplies to several EU countries.

The UK is about 97% fuel independent so let the Euroweenies freeze, its mainly Germany and their sycophants, they should have listened to Trumpy. My main concern is food supply and aquiring enough fire arms and Ammo.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Ive always been a bargain hunter looking for deals in the pound shops we have in the UK, not only are bargains decreasing but so is the share of the stores devoted to food where they buy up foriegn surplus dirt cheap. Shows supplies are tightening up, each time out I buy at least double and will maintain this till the end of may. I always like to have "30 meals ahead" and am about double that now so by end of may should top 100.

Lifestraw-Review-Featured.jpg

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️

Seen that advertised before and may look into it. After what I read yesterday Ive acceleraTED MY BUYING. China is back under lockdown which is fucking things up even worse, Fri/Sat food run will be tinned hotdogs and corned beef type stuff.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

I passed on that, too much sucking lol.

I have this, and pump right into my bladder bag....

iu

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Could you, would you drink dog piss through it?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No filter needed!!!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Seen that advertised before and may look into it. After what I read yesterday Ive acceleraTED MY BUYING. China is back under lockdown which is fucking things up even worse, Fri/Sat food run will be tinned hotdogs and corned beef type stuff.

They're cheaper than the decent water tablets.

If money is no issue, buy this with the counter top dispenser attachment:

ONECOL.jpg

pol_pm_Filtr-do-wody-Katadyn-Combi-Plus-244645_2.jpg

They're good quality and long lasting. Have 1 from 2007 and 1 from 2021. Identical except for colour.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I wouldn't want to try....

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I passed on that, too much sucking lol.

I have this, and pump right into my bladder bag....

iu

They're good backups.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If you are in Europe you might want to buy a pellet stove for next winter. Russia just cut off gas supplies to several EU countries.

The UK is about 97% fuel independent so let the Euroweenies freeze, its mainly Germany and their sycophants, they should have listened to Trumpy. My main concern is food supply and aquiring enough fire arms and Ammo.

Boring needs to get his head out of his ass and repeal the franking ban and really green light as much on and off shore drilling as possible. Think of what an advantage cheaper energy will be for the eco ony and how much income will be gained via energy exports. Hell, even manufacturing would become more competitive.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Global food prices went up 13% in the month of March alone. April is expected to be much higher as that is when food price inflation really started to ramp up.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

The former Home Depot CEO says he expects to inflation to peak around 18% and that is if Biden and the Democrats actually start doing what is needed to fight inflation. Something they have been completely unwilling to do. Just last month, with inflation surging, Dems wanted to print $4 trillion in new bills.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️

The former Home Depot CEO says he expects to inflation to peak around 18% and that is if Biden and the Democrats actually start doing what is needed to fight inflation. Something they have been completely unwilling to do. Just last month, with inflation surging, Dems wanted to print $4 trillion in new bills.

Yea there is so much more in the pipeline from what I am hearing.

Another advantage of bulk buying is it works out sheaper when you get round to eating it. For example I paid £3.50 for 5 tins of tuna chunks yesterday, if I eAT them in a years time when the price has trebled it works ot to a £7 saving on buying them and eating them then.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️

This dude put me onto the Covid pandemic a month or so before it struck. He has always been sound on economics and measured analysis. Also a bit of a prepper.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Everything is in short supply.... except what Australian farmers here are dumping in landfills because they lose money if they sell it.

Avocados in Queensland at the moment are getting dumped yet they're marked up to 2.50 each in the supermarkets.

Wages are static, inflation rife, food scarcer, and food is simply getting dumped.