Prepping.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Everything is in short supply.... except what Australian farmers here are dumping in landfills because they lose money if they sell it.

Avocados in Queensland at the moment are getting dumped yet they're marked up to 2.50 each in the supermarkets.

Wages are static, inflation rife, food scarcer, and food is simply getting dumped.

I heard a ton of fucking avocados and limes and something else got destroyed in Mexico recently. Dont remember the exact story.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ray Dalio had always been interesting to me. He is currently saying high inflation and a stagnant economy to a shrinking economy is going to be here for a while. Probably 5-10 years. He thinks a new global depression is on the way.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
It's been an ongoing thing all over.

We got an extra couple of 12 kg bags of flour a couple of months ago to offset the reality that bread is going to cost an arm and a leg.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is worth listening to this farmer and to remembering that Democrats have deliberately chosen to cause these problems. The farm predicts grocery bills will go up by $1000.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So many of these communist antifa types end up being child abusers.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Experts say global food shortages are just 10 weeks away. Have you bought extra stores for you and your family? Have you planted a garden? I want to buy chickens but can't seem to figure out if my city and HOA will allow them. A bee hive might also be good.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Also, if you need anything which is made in China buy it immediately as China's three biggest ports are all going into lockdown. Shanghai has been locked down for over a month now. What is on shelves now will disappear fast.

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Had your £150 (30 pieces of Silver) from the Government yet Loon?

Let's see how many idiots a £3 bn payout will make cast their vote in favour of the whispy haired one?

Fuckin £3bn is a bad day at the races to these cunts.

Bribery and coruption on a National scale.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Word this morning, "there is 10 weeks of wheat supply globally in storage".

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Have you planted your garden yet?

I just paid $4.99 for 2lbs of cocktail tomatoes at Costco. I've been paying that price at Costco for years during the summer months, little higher out of season.

Cocktail tomatoes? What are they? Like mini cherry tomatoes?

Actually, they're a small tomato. Bigger than cherry, but smaller than an average sized tomato. We noticed that they retain good tomato flavor even when they are out of season. During the spring we plant our own tomato plants and we have the best tomatoes of the year.

But these will do in a pinch:

c4a25d72dff10d6a993b2047cf374cee.jpg

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Have you planted your garden yet?

I just paid $4.99 for 2lbs of cocktail tomatoes at Costco. I've been paying that price at Costco for years during the summer months, little higher out of season.

Cocktail tomatoes? What are they? Like mini cherry tomatoes?

Actually, they're a small tomato. Bigger than cherry, but smaller than an average sized tomato. We noticed that they retain good tomato flavor even when they are out of season. During the spring we plant our own tomato plants and we have the best tomatoes of the year.

But these will do in a pinch:

c4a25d72dff10d6a993b2047cf374cee.jpg

So there like mid range? Used to grow my own, regardless of variety they are 100 times better than shop bought.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Had your £150 (30 pieces of Silver) from the Government yet Loon?

Let's see how many idiots a £3 bn payout will make cast their vote in favour of the whispy haired one?

Fuckin £3bn is a bad day at the races to these cunts.

Bribery and coruption on a National scale.

Try quoting me if you want a response bin dipper(Not on that regularly anymore), but you are correct and no ive got no extra gov cash. Won over 1.5K on the horses this month so thinking of quitting work and moving into a nuclear bunker near Dove.

The thing is with shit going to hell I think we are better with Goku than Kier Stammer, at least someonewith a clue seems to be punching him in the right direction when needs must. The latters still trying to work out what a woman is.

On second thoughts we are probably well and truelly fucked either way.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
UN is claiming at least 49 million people are facing famine this year in Africa. It is likely to get much worse.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
After reading thru this thread, I have to say it’s opened my eyes to a few things. I live in a warm climate, so things related to food storage are different. I do have two large water tanks. I also have a 10,000 watt generator that I can easily connect my house to via a manual 3 position
switch really fast. It’s gas driven, which is a negative. Out side of that, I’ve done my best to make all of the structures extra earthquake supported. Edibles could be a prob?

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
After reading thru this thread, I have to say it’s opened my eyes to a few things. I live in a warm climate, so things related to food storage are different. I do have two large water tanks. I also have a 10,000 watt generator that I can easily connect my house to via a manual 3 position
switch really fast. It’s gas driven, which is a negative. Out side of that, I’ve done my best to make all of the structures extra earthquake supported. Edibles could be a prob?

Get non perishable food anda flip top freezer for meats etc. I'm stocked on the former and live on a forest so can hunt.:)

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Get non perishable food anda flip top freezer for meats etc. I'm stocked on the former and live on a forest so can hunt.:)

A medium sized rocket stove, some portable solar panels, 35-55 litre fridge, and a lithium battery over 120 amps too.... then there's the Need for Seeds 2!

There are so many things one can do but it can't be done quickly because of a sudden revelation.

It's a mindset.

...and leftists haven't had it until they elected leftists into office.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I didn't want to do it after working only three days in a new job a few miles away, but I filled up my 160 litre fuel tank because it's peace of mind.

If I were to only drive to work and back, I wouldn't have to refuel for 5-6 months.

But I'd need my 160 litres to get close to my wife and daughter if shit goes down..

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BJ's is a bulk sales store which competes with Costco and Sam's Club. So bulk sales are their business model. Chicken shortages have gotten so bad you can no longer buy those large family packs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
BJ's is a bulk sales store which competes with Costco and Sam's Club. So bulk sales are their business model. Chicken shortages have gotten so bad you can no longer buy those large family packs.

I am tracking prices from the beginning of the year and in UK roughly.

Pasta 25% up
Rice 15% up
Chicken 30% up

You seem to be nearer double for chicken.