Should i go full blown Karen on this or nah?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So yesterday there was an injured possum wandering around the street by my house. And it had died in the street in front of my house.

The garbage men show up and stop to take my garbage. I'm sitting on my deck with coffee and my 4 year old is eating her breakfast next to me at her tot table. My 15 year old was also out.

So Squish got up to watch the garbage men. She loves the truck.

Well they saw the dead possum(I was going to put on outside gloves and move it into the woods across the street so it could decompose without us seeing/smelling it. It had babies in its pouch.... so sad) and I guess they decided to clean it up.

But before picking it up, the guy came around with a metal baseball bat and began beating this possums corpse, and it was getting flung around by the impact and my poor Squish just turned away and started SOBBING. I immediately took her in the house and she was really upset for a while.

I mean was that shit really fucking nessesary?! They couldnt just poke it? They HAD to beat it and smear its guts on the street right in front of 4 year old?

Should I call and bitch or just drop it and not spend Wensday mornings outside until after the sociopath garbage men are gone?

My kid is STILL disturbed by that. She is now afraid of the garbage men. Trying to tell her they wanted to make sure it was dead just makes the whole thing WORSE. Uhg.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Here is the possum about an hour before it just died. I didnt want to get too close because I wasnt sure if it had been hit by a car or if it was rabid.

When I saw the babies I thought about trying to trap it to take it somewhere. She was pretty large.

20210610-121757.jpg
[/url]

RIP possum.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
That's really sad
.. DEF would have told the garbage 'men' to go fuck themselves
and the babies would most DEF have been saved had I been there.
as for rabies, it's very very rare in Possums .. they carry no disease

I was SHOCKED. Totally caught me off guard. All I could do was run in the house with her(she was clung to me bawling)

Yeah I know rabies is rare in possums.....so I wasnt sure on that. Its body movements and the blood vomit said "rabies" .....but I think it's more likely the poor thing got hit by a car.

I was planning on trying to get the babies and move the momma to the woods :( I was just getting my Squish finished up eating. I didnt want her following me when I went to check it out. I would have tried to get my nursing momma cat to feed them(baby possums can feed off momma cats) and tried to find somewhere to take them.

Salem will nurse anything lol. Shes nursing a scraggly kitten we found outside a week ago that had no momma or littermates around.

Maybe they beat it to kill the babies :(

I really hate people sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I mean one of my cats, General Meow, is a door darter and he ran out this morning....he doesnt get far. He just eats grass. We just grab him and bring him in....no biggie.

Squish was screaming when he ran out because she was afraid he was going to get killed. She screamed bloody murder when he ran out. Which almost made him take off further.

I think I'm gonna just drop but it fucking BOTHERS me and it's not okay at all what they did. It was awful and disturbing and it terrified my child.

There is no way they didnt see us on the deck. They could have at least warned me.

Fucking savages.

I really make a very strong effort to teach my kids to respect and look after nature. To appreciate all different kinds of animals and value and respect life. Shes never seen anything cruel before and that was out of nowhere during an otherwise peaceful morning. FUCK those assholes.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
No it wasn't necessary, sounds like the binmen in your neighbourhood have issues to be honest Lulz.

Also, why the hell are they carrying baseball bats?

*Edit General Meow, LOLOLOLOL love it...

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
No it wasn't necessary, sounds like the binmen in your neighbourhood have issues to be honest Lulz.

Also, why the hell are they carrying baseball bats?

*Edit General Meow, LOLOLOLOL love it...

Right? I thought that was bizarre as well. Why are they carrying a baseball bat?

I'm gonna call.

Yeah everyone loves his name lol. We rescued him from a hoarder house that we call Meowschizt. We have had him for 5 years now...he is a total asshole. We love him.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Report the animal as your pet.. say it was a relatives dementia support possum.. you could spin this alot of ways.. get the last laugh.. sadist probs jacked off over the beaten corpse.. deviants getting their rocks off to animal cruelty are lower then dirt

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
It's to bad your daughter had to see that but reporting it will be a waste of time and the Bat is for loose dogs and crazy people like you - - - - - - :Beatdown2: :Beatdown2: :Beatdown2:

PS - How many Possums does it take to make babys?
3 - two to fuck and 1 to watch out for cars - - - - - - -

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It's to bad your daughter had to see that but reporting it will be a waste of time and the Bat is for loose dogs and crazy people like you - - - - - - :Beatdown2: :Beatdown2: :Beatdown2:

PS - How many Possums does it take to make babys?
3 - two to fuck and 1 to watch out for cars - - - - - - -

Sir.....I have more than one gun.

Some punk with a bat wouldnt even get a chance lol. But I see the logic with loose dogs.

I'm glad too see I'm not the only one finding that horrifying.

So after i told A i was gonna call i did. I got connected through some chain of command and the person i ended up talking to actually sounded like she gave a shit and also found it inappropriate. So she took my number and said she was gonna find out who was on my route and they would "talk to them".

I just want them to know they destroyed a bit of a sweet little girls innocence and she is now afraid of them. Who knows if they will give a shit.

Fuckers.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Get General Meow on the case, he'll sort out those weird fuckers.

I watched Wrong Turn the other night and I keep getting the image of one of them dressed in a garbage man uniform Lol

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Get General Meow on the case, he'll sort out those weird fuckers.

I watched Wrong Turn the other night and I keep getting the image of one of them dressed in a garbage man uniform Lol

I never let General Meow outside. He bolts but we grab him and he grumbles and growls and cusses us out in kittah lol.

He is strait black. Black cats are crazy cats lol.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Is it not safe outside for him? I could never live on a main road and own a cat which ventures outside constantly, I'd be anxious about the lil guy getting squished.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Is it not safe outside for him? I could never live on a main road and own a cat which ventures outside constantly, I'd be anxious about the lil guy getting squished.

Oh no it's not that. We are in a large camp ground on rented land.

I dont let my cats out because it's generally unsafe and some prick....no one knows who it is....is setting poison out to kill cats.

We are going to build a catio so they can be outside safetly.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Bastards, some folks just automatically deserve to be curb stomped.

I heard some local story about how they caught a guy in here setting out poison to poison the cats(there is a feral colony here) and this woman apparently beat the shit out of the fucker and she went to jail lol. Both people were evicted on out. Even though she was the hero lol.

We now have someone doing it again. And even if that wasnt an issue....we have coyotes and shit.

There are factions amongst the small population. People that hate the cats and blame the cats for bullshit.....and then people who love the cats and understand why it's good to have the colony to keep out nastier pests.

Guess which side I'm on. :D

I also dont want my spoiled house cats mingling with ferals. I brought in a stray momma and her litter.....kept her and her tuxedo sisters. Salem is a bad ass.....but she stays in now and doesnt even try to go out. Shes retired lol.

Last edited:

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Some people are just horrible to cats and have a grudge against them for whatever reason.

At my old job there was this older fella who was the nicest guy ever who everyone liked and then one time he randomly said he had beaten a cat to death in his backyard with a plank of wood for daring to sneak in and scare some young rabbits he had. He also gloated that it belonged to an old woman in the neighbourhood who he didn't like.

I swear, it took everything I had to restrain myself from gripping the guy by the throat and throwing him head first into a wall.

Fucking unbelievable how someone who came across as so nice and likeable could be so callous.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
UPDATE

So they actually called me back and the lady I spoke to told me the man who was there would like to speak with me if I'm cool with that. So I said "uh....sure"

Well the guy said he was very very sorry. That he didnt realize there was a child until he heard the hysterical crying and that they felt bad and thought about coming to the door (SO FUCKING GLAD THEY DIDNT!!!).....but that he is really glad he gets to apologize and then ask if they could send a package to my daughter.

Apparently an apology card and some crayons and activity books about garbage men.....no I'm not joking lol

I was stunned so I just accepted the apology and they are sending coloring books about garbage men to my kid.

I did tell them she is so disturbed and upset that she cries over the thought of them coming back. Squish seriously wants us to take garbage to the dump ourselves because she wants nothing to do with the garbage men.

I guess we will see. I'm not giving her a book about garbage men while shes so disturbed and opposed to them now.

Their reasoning was that they've picked up animals that turned out to be still alive but dying and they dont want to get bit. I STILL think it was revolting, horrible and unessesary.

I definately wasnt expecting to hear from these people and end up on a 3 way phone call with him and his boss.

Turns out our local garbage disposal service is full of big fucking surprises.

I think the most bizzare part of this entire thing is.....they actually have garbage man themed coloring books stashed. The fuck? Lolololol. They must be so excited to unload some of that finally hahahaha! Oh and a voucher for an ice cream cone at the local ice cream shop.

So basically they just want me to STFU and go away so no one gets in real trouble.

I'm not really buying it.....but I'm good. At least my daughters heart break seeing it was recognized and validated. They COULD have been dicks about it.

I guess I'll hold off on that bomb I was thinking about putting in next weeks trash for now. (Kidding.......sorta)

As soon as this coloring book gets here I'm posting it in this thread lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Some people are just horrible to cats and have a grudge against them for whatever reason.

At my old job there was this older fella who was the nicest guy ever who everyone liked and then one time he randomly said he had beaten a cat to death in his backyard with a plank of wood for daring to sneak in and scare some young rabbits he had. He also gloated that it belonged to an old woman in the neighbourhood who he didn't like.

I swear, it took everything I had to restrain myself from gripping the guy by the throat and throwing him head first into a wall.

Fucking unbelievable how someone who came across as so nice and likeable could be so callous.

Fucking hell......I HATE animal abusers.

You ever run into people who seem to take pride in their utter lack of empathy towards animals? They legit brag "I don't put animals on the level of humans!" and then joke about being cruel to them. I hate those fuckers too.

Of course I dont elevate animals to the level of humans. And I value hunting. But that's no reason to view animals as nothing and be cruel or abusive. They are still living beings who feel pain and fear.

And I may not put them on the same level as people.....but I would fucking murder someone if they were hurting one of MY cats. Especially Prudey. I would fucking slaughter someone if they hurt or killed my Prudey. I'm VERY attached to my tuxies.

There is an established connection between people who abuse animals and the abuse of humans. If someone is sick and evil enough to torture an animal.....they WILL abuse humans, if they havent already.

Last edited:

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Animals are innocent and vulnerable, only predatory individuals target them just for kicks and as you say that kind of behaviour normally indicates that the person will move onto humans next.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Animals are innocent and vulnerable, only predatory individuals target them just for kicks and as you say that kind of behaviour normally indicates that the person will move onto humans next.

Not much worse than a scum bag who takes advantage of a sweet animal to torture or kill it.

They are sociopaths.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
UPDATE

So they actually called me back and the lady I spoke to told me the man who was there would like to speak with me if I'm cool with that. So I said "uh....sure"

Well the guy said he was very very sorry. That he didnt realize there was a child until he heard the hysterical crying and that they felt bad and thought about coming to the door (SO FUCKING GLAD THEY DIDNT!!!).....but that he is really glad he gets to apologize and then ask if they could send a package to my daughter.

Apparently an apology card and some crayons and activity books about garbage men.....no I'm not joking lol

I was stunned so I just accepted the apology and they are sending coloring books about garbage men to my kid.

I did tell them she is so disturbed and upset that she cries over the thought of them coming back. Squish seriously wants us to take garbage to the dump ourselves because she wants nothing to do with the garbage men.

I guess we will see. I'm not giving her a book about garbage men while shes so disturbed and opposed to them now.

Their reasoning was that they've picked up animals that turned out to be still alive but dying and they dont want to get bit. I STILL think it was revolting, horrible and unessesary.

I definately wasnt expecting to hear from these people and end up on a 3 way phone call with him and his boss.

I think the most bizzare part of this entire thing is.....they actually have garbage man themed coloring books stashed. The fuck? Lolololol. They must be so excited to unload some of that finally hahahaha! Oh and a voucher for an ice cream cone at the local ice cream shop.

So basically they just want me to STFU and go away so no one gets in real trouble.

I'm not really buying it.....but I'm good. At least my daughters heart break seeing it was recognized and validated. They COULD have been dicks about it.

I guess I'll hold off on that bomb I was thinking about putting in next weeks trash for now. (Kidding.......sorta)

you should have told them to stick the coloring book up their asses .. it's not okay to beat hurt animals whether someone is watching or not ... now your kid thinks hey I can kill things and say sorry with coloring books ..

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
UPDATE

you should have told them to stick the coloring book up their asses .. it's not okay to beat hurt animals whether someone is watching or not ... now your kid thinks hey I can kill things and say sorry with coloring books ..

I'm not giving her the coloring book.

I'll take her for the ice cream but I'm not telling her it was from the garbage people that beat the dead possum with a bat.

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I would drop it. People will not change sadly.

that’s awful I’m sorry for Squish

The more I think about.....the more mad and disgusted I am.

Thank God Squish didnt know about the babies.
I get it. About hating people. Ummm I really hope I don’t have to ever go back to the office. I have no tolerance for cruel/nasty people. And sadly they are everywhere.