So if the vaccine works and all...

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
Why is Sleepy Slow Joe still wearing a mask?
To show people that we still need to use one? "Leading by example"?

He wants an answer as to why we still need to wear them if the vaccine works.

A very reasonable question.
I guess you did not understand my answer. I'll try to explain :)

I would expect him to keep wearing one, to show to others they should also wear one. Thats what I just answered.
He should provide the correct example. And currently that would be to wear a mask. Also if you are vaccinated.
Vaccinations also do not protect 100%, so he can still be infected. Especially since so many people are infected and are NOT wearing their masks.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I would expect him to keep wearing one, to show to others they should also wear one. Thats what I just answered.
He should provide the correct example. And currently that would be to wear a mask. Also if you are vaccinated.
Vaccinations also do not protect 100%, so he can still be infected. Especially since so many people are infected and are NOT wearing their masks.

I understood it. I'm saying he wants to know why.....not just mindless do what Biden does just because Biden is doing it.

Q

Banned

I understood it. I'm saying he wants to know why.....not just mindless do what Biden does just because Biden is doing it.
Actually that's a valid explanation. "Lead by example".

But also because he can still be infected. No vaccine provides 100% protection

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

You gotta have a large amount of the population vaccinated before herd immunity begins.

And no one really knows what that is yet. I think 80% is the safest.

I know it seems nonsensical but there is a valid reason.

But people will still have to wear a mask and social distancing will still be in effect even if herd immunity kicks in and the vaccine works.

For most, it won't be goin back to the Roaring 20s Free and easy lifestyle anymore.

Anyways I fully expect another pandemic to come out of China in 10 years or so when another Trump type politician comes along, declares a trade war with them, and they get even again by launching the next deadly bioweapon out of one of their labs. First it was SARS, then it was H1N1, and now it's COVID. Hopefully their next one won't be as bad. I suppose it depends how mad they are the rest of the world. COVID was their temper tantrum because of Trump

Any event, the most contagious pandemics always come out of fucking China with its same bullshit excuses and lies that they originate out of illegal wet markets which their government allows anyways.

China found it's niche, and bio warfare is their weapon of choice.

That's how they'll control other nations in the future, especially those who get too close to their iron grip like Iran and Brazil.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I would totally disagree that we should do something simply because someone else is doing it, Q. That's not good enough of a reason for a lot of people. Especially when there is pretty much zero trust.

And yeah, you can still get infected with anything you've been vaccinated for. But you will not get as sick as you would have gotten if you didnt get the shot(I'm speaking generally and about vaccines that are doing what they are supposed to do....sometimes if the vaccine is messed up the opposite happens).

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

You gotta have a large amount of the population vaccinated before herd immunity begins.

And no one really knows what that is yet. I think 80% is the safest.

I know it seems nonsensical but there is a valid reason.

But people will still have to wear a mask and social distancing will still be in effect even if herd immunity kicks in and the vaccine works.

For most, it won't be goin back to the Roaring 20s Free and easy lifestyle anymore.

Anyways I fully expect another pandemic to come out of China in 10 years or so when another Trump type politician comes along, declares a trade war with them, and they get even again by launching the next deadly bioweapon out of one of their labs. First it was SARS, then it was H1N1, and now it's COVID. Hopefully their next one won't be as bad. I suppose it depends how mad they are the rest of the world. COVID was their temper tantrum because of Trump

Any event, the most contagious pandemics always come out of fucking China with its same bullshit excuses and lies that they originate out of illegal wet markets which their government allows anyways.

China found it's niche, and bio warfare is their weapon of choice.

That's how they'll control other nations in the future, especially those who get too close to their iron grip like Iran and Brazil.

Clearly they do this regardless of what kind of president we have and what trade deals we have or dont have, Joe.

The Chinese government is fucking evil.

OP
OP

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned
And we here in Turkey get a vaccine made in China too, just like the virus. Godless scum who would poison their own children's milk for an extra yuan.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I would totally disagree that we should do something simply because someone else is doing it, Q. That's not good enough of a reason for a lot of people. Especially when there is pretty much zero trust.

And yeah, you can still get infected with anything you've been vaccinated for. But you will not get as sick as you would have gotten if you didnt get the shot(I'm speaking generally and about vaccines that are doing what they are supposed to do....sometimes if the vaccine is messed up the opposite happens).

If I may, I don't think that's what he meant. He just meant Biden is modeling appropriate behavior, as any president should do. There are lots of dumbasses out there in the wilderness.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
And we here in Turkey get a vaccine made in China too, just like the virus. Godless scum who would poison their own children's milk for an extra yuan.

I think I'd rather get the one made in China than the one made by Pfizer. That vaccine killed 29 old people, so far, in Norway.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Highlighter Samurai

変な外人
"Leaky" vaccines are a thing - vaccines that protect the vaccinated, while the vaccinated remain somewhat contagious. That's one possible explanation anyhow. If that's the case it only makes sense to continue wearing a mask, because the whole point of masks was to reduce your ability to spread the virus, not reduce your chances of catching it. Right? :Confused3:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You are in Turkey? Really?
Yes...almost 10 years now.
Are you fluent in Turkish yet?
Evet.

Tebrikler. Very cool.

Ainda não sou fluente em português. Mas estou trabalhando nisso.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Q

Banned
I am actually more scared of the opposite: if people see Biden is not wearing a mask, they might start refusing to wear one too. Using the argument "Biden is not wearing one either", completely ignoring the fact that he has been vaccinated.

A leader must lead by example, because no matter what he will BE an example.

Q

Banned

If I may, I don't think that's what he meant. He just meant Biden is modeling appropriate behavior, as any president should do. There are lots of dumbasses out there in the wilderness.
Thanks! That's indeed what I tried to say

Q

Banned

I think I'd rather get the one made in China than the one made by Pfizer. That vaccine killed 29 old people, so far, in Norway.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
LOL! COVID is less lethal!
No it is not. US only: almost 400.000 dead due to COVID-19. A lot more people have long lasting issues due to their infection

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Thanks! That's indeed what I tried to say
Dumb fucking creep!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I am actually more scared of the opposite: if people see Biden is not wearing a mask, they might start refusing to wear one too. Using the argument "Biden is not wearing one either", completely ignoring the fact that he has been vaccinated.

A leader must lead by example, because no matter what he will BE an example.

I understand the modeling behavoir thing.

But the question was still valid.....he was asking why its nessesary to begin with if the vaccine is effective. So you would want to answer that as to why it's even nessesary for him to be encouraging masks if the vaccine is effective.

It's a deeper question. He wanted to know why a mask is still nessesary after being vaccinated.

Honestly at this point I doubt it even matters what politicains do regarding masks or lock downs. They all kinda blew it with getting busted violating the measures themselves, the bias support of protests(saying the BLM protests were not spreading it after throwing fits that the Lansing protest had spread it) and the choices of what was essential and allowed to operate.

I know the Trump supporters who refuse the masks do not change their minds when Trump wears his, or even creates MAGA masks and encouraging people to wear them.

Many of our politicains really screwed the pooch on this and created a lot of doubt and mistrust that has done a lot of damage. People are pretty wore out on it.

Q

Banned
He wanted to know why a mask is still nessesary after being vaccinated.
Because with all those people who are able to spread the virus around, even having 80% protection still leaves 20% risk of being infected.

The more people are vaccinated, the less the risk of being infected will become with the same 80% protection. For now wearing a mask still helps in reducing the risk of being infected, even after being vaccinated. In some time -hopefully- the risk is low enough and we can stop wearing the masks.