Tesla worker violently attacked by robot

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
The Nipponese were the existential threat of the 80's

I wasn't much of a Styx fan but they definitely captured a piece of the zeitgeist with this song.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The Nipponese were the existential threat of the 80's

I wasn't much of a Styx fan but they definitely captured a piece of the zeitgeist with this song.

Everything in the Name of Greed, their Shareholders & Profit, None for the Pubic Good.

Oh well.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Did anyone note where they said the worker was programming the robot.
Sound like he fucked up……no?

“At Giga Texas, an engineer had started to work on three robots sometime in 2021 but didn’t realize that only two had been shut off,”

@Admin wants to come up with another excuse for his inadequacies being powerless in modern society…….yeah…….its the robots.

LOTO and Try boys and girls so you don’t end up taking a dirt nap.

One has to contemplate why an occurrence in 2021 is suddenly news.

Last edited:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

“At Giga Texas, an engineer had started to work on three robots sometime in 2021 but didn’t realize that only two had been shut off,”

@Admin wants to come up with another excuse for his inadequacies being powerless in modern society…….yeah…….its the robots.

Did you get addicted to powerful sedatives when you were hooring Bigly for a car? Which TBH, is understandable.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Did you get addicted to powerful sedatives when you were hooring Bigly for a car? Which TBH, is understandable.
No, not exactly….

Did you figure out why there is suddenly a hit job piece on a workplace injury incident at a Tesla factory that occurred two years ago?

Lets hope OSHA came in and rightfully sided with Tesla in light of the workers incompetence.
Again….. he fucked up……ooooooh did I just assume their gender?

Do you have any experience on a plant floor?
Are you familiar with the safety precautions required when working with machinery.
No, you probably struggle with the microwave in your kitchen.

Its a place for people with training and common sense.
This AI thing might change things a bit…….but those robots are programmed to do specific tasks.
Like you…….programmed to believe and act in a certain way…….we know you can’t help it.

Its OK…..

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

One has to contemplate why an occurrence in 2021 is suddenly news.
Did you ever stop to think that it doesn't really matter whether a worker fucked up or not? Clearly the machine was not to be trusted to shut itself down and not kill someone.

Let's hope OSHA did not side with Tesla, and workers do not have to fear for their lives when they work with robots and make a simple mistake. Humans will always make mistakes. The robots need to have failsafes.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Did you ever stop to think that it doesn't really matter whether a worker fucked up or not? Clearly the machine was not to be trusted to shut itself down and not kill someone.

Let's hope OSHA did not side with Tesla, and workers do not have to fear for their lives when they work with robots and make a simple mistake. Humans will always make mistakes. The robots need to have failsafes.
Spoken out of ignorance for personal responsibility requirements.

Would you go in a lion cage?
Most likely not....but would you go into a setion next to the locked up lion if you were safe?

Lock out Tag out is how to ensure you are safe if you are any type of mechanic or technician. As this worker found out......dusregard the rules and you sometimes suffer the consequences. OSHA rules already specify safety requirements as does NFPA 70, NFPA 79, CE and UL

Each worker has the option to power down equipment to work on it and lock that power off. Robot areas are caged off with interlock to secure the area. But if you bypass safety and go in the cage with a powered up robot.......beware of the consequences.

And that is the answer that any OSHA investigator will tell you.....regardless of what you wish to be true

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Spoken out of ignorance for personal responsibility requirements.

Would you go in a lion cage?
Most likely not....but would you go into a setion next to the locked up lion if you were safe?

Lock out Tag out is how to ensure you are safe if you are any type of mechanic or technician. As this worker found out......dusregard the rules and you sometimes suffer the consequences. OSHA rules already specify safety requirements as does NFPA 70, NFPA 79, CE and UL

Each worker has the option to power down equipment to work on it and lock that power off. Robot areas are caged off with interlock to secure the area. But if you bypass safety and go in the cage with a powered up robot.......beware of the consequences.

And that is the answer that any OSHA investigator will tell you.....regardless of what you wish to be true
Yeah. And the worker who was killed didn't fucking know it was powered up. He wasn't purposely bypassing safety.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Yeah. And the worker who was killed didn't fucking know it was powered up. He wasn't purposely bypassing safety.
Wow......when did he die?
Did you read the article?

From your reference:
"but didn’t realize that only two had been shut off"

His mistake could have cost him his life.

You should take a class in reading comprehension......again......I joined this site to help.

Perhaps its time to unsertand what is going on......ratger thannwhat you wishbto be true

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

From your reference:

You should take a class in reading comprehension......again......I joined this site to help.

Perhaps its time to unsertand what is going on......ratger thannwhat you wishbto be true
Yeah. You're a BIG help. Thanks so much for learnin me, Jethro.

Sorry I misspoke about that worker dying. Nothing else I said is negated by that human error, though.

BTW, they are reporting on it now because, though it happened in 2021, the information is new to them, Jethro.

From the article:

Tesla’s Austin factory appeared to be much more dangerous for workers than other auto plants, according to The Information’s analysis of federal data. Nearly one out of every 21 workers at the Austin factory was injured on the job last year—substantially higher than the one in 30 median injury rate at similar factories. (That group includes auto manufacturing plants with 250 or more employees.) The Fremont factory’s injury rate was even higher, with one in 12 workers being hurt on the job last year.

The 2021 incident offers a stark warning for workers of the future by breaking the first of
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, a set of principles laid out by science-fiction writer Isaac Asimov that states a robot must not hurt a human. More chillingly, a study published earlier this year by a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention researcher found that
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
were killed in robot-related workplace incidents over a 15-year period. The vast majority of these deaths took place while a person was performing maintenance on a robot.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, JETHRO!!!!

Last edited:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

From your reference:

You will be assimilated.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
If you care for Sci-Fi at all watch the movie Extinction. It has a moment almost as good as the first Matrix film.

Very much in tune with this thread and the contemplation of robots becoming sentient.

Dont read a review first as to not spoil the plot

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
If you care for Sci-Fi at all watch the movie Extinction. It has a moment almost as good as the first Matrix film.

Very much in tune with this thread and the contemplation of robots becoming sentient.

Dont read a review first as to not spoil the plot
I wasn't exavtly contemplating the idea of robots becoming sentient. I was concerned about them fucking up. That doesn't necessarily imply sentience.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
I wasn't exavtly contemplating the idea of robots becoming sentient. I was concerned about them fucking up. That doesn't necessarily imply sentience.
Got it.....the movie came to mind tho.
Give the auto robots AI capability.....I would not doubt things could get weird. Have to turn it off like the HAL9000.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I swear, when LettuceBrain reads "robot" she thinks it is something like this:

_92935560_robot976.jpg

She is so fuckin' stupid.

Clearly the machine was not to be trusted to shut itself down and not kill someone.

Yeah, idiot, machines that make cars do shit like bend metal. No machine has been designed to shut itself down when its "human flesh" detector goes off. A person stupid enough to crawl into the machine is going to get hurt. This is nothing new.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Apparently @Admin. and @Joe are that fuckin' stupid too.

You people need to get out more.
I plan to avoid AI as much as possible @The Prowler

That stuff'll turn a person's mind inta mush.

If the 1st generation/wave of computing has done that to many people, just think what AI will do.

"Oh AI, can you please tie my shoe or tell me how?"

"Oh AI, can you count the change for me? I gave the cashier $20 for an item that costs $10 but she gave me 5 cents back. Is that correct?"

We're gonna have one mighty dumb generation in the near future Prowler.

A generation so dumb they won't be able to defend themselves.

....but maybe that's the intent, eh?

Ya heard it first from the Joe....Pwowlah!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I plan to avoid AI as much as possible @The Prowler

The robot did not use AI, Senile @Joe.

You people are conflating robotic automation in a factory and AI.

"Oh AI, can you please tie my shoe or tell me how?"

"Oh AI, can you count the change for me? I gave the cashier $20 for an item that costs $10 but she gave me 5 cents back. Is that correct?"

The term "AI" is misused. It has become synonymous with anything using speech-to-text as an input method to access a computerized task such as a database lookup or a arithmetic calculation.

We're gonna have one mighty dumb generation in the near future Prowler.

Every generation has mostly stupid people, Senile @Joe.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
All we kin do is enjoy our pre-AI existence 'til the machines take ovah Pwowlah!

At least I'm gonna.

Then disappear inta the woods before they buy up the remaining land there's nowhere else ta run to @The Prowler.

I'tll be a fuckin' mess after AI gets entrenched into everything.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
All we kin do is enjoy our pre-AI existence

Says the guy who has less fun in life than an average vegetable.

"Do not buy that Corvette! It will only depreciate in value!"

"I only buy things that I can resell for a profit!"

Consistency is not your strong suit, eh Liar @Joe?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I swear, when LettuceBrain reads "robot" she thinks it is something like this:

She is so fuckin' stupid.

Yeah, idiot, machines that make cars do shit like bend metal. No machine has been designed to shut itself down when its "human flesh" detector goes off. A person stupid enough to crawl into the machine is going to get hurt. This is nothing new.

Yes. the robots of tomorrow will be seamlessly integrated so we won't notice them.

And I look forward to the proliferation of driverless cars @The Prowler:

Undoubtably, they will be flawless and solve our problems of bad human drivers Prowler.

Make us all happy.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Says the guy who has less fun in life than an average vegetable.

"Do not buy that Corvette! It will only depreciate in value!"

"I only buy things that I can resell for a profit!"

Consistency is not your strong suit, eh Liar @Joe?

...and I still wouldn't buy your car(s) @The Prowler.

They're terribly overpriced & even from an automobile afficionado's POV they are a bad investment.

If I was after a desirable car for the money you paid, I still woulda chosen a 57 Corvette because it'll likely appreciate or at least hold its value:

Plus its eligible for collector plates, driving down the cost of car insurance. considerably.

But I suppose in yer case you need those cars to relieve your anger and stress Prowler.

61y+8D9SyuL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Quite an expensive stress cushion you bought tho.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Joe is a bot.

The Age of Artless Insipidity is upon us.

His posts will one day become collectors' items.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Joe is a bot.

The Age of Artless Insipidity is upon us.

His posts will one day become collectors' items.

I'm gonna buy s'more French Art soon @Blurt!

That way i will 'out-French' you and be more French than you, eh?

You know what they say about a person who caint afford his own culture.

Touche I say! If ya know what I mean, eh Blurt?