The Universe

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Hopefully one day we'll master that warp drive theory and surf through galaxies in an instant as we're going to need it, even if we master the speed of light it will still take us 25,000 years to travel to the nearest galaxy ... Fuckin...
We're a fucking race of monkeys and some of us are so stupid, they've legalized theft, like in Kookfornia

We won't make it outside of the solar system. I think the farthest we'll go in terms of space exploration is building stations where the elite class will go to live eventually, after earth has gone entirely to shit

Shoplifting is still a crime in most of California. It's one city, with less than a million residents, where anything worth less than $950 that's stolen is not charged. I think it's a terrible idea. I don't support this anywhere.

However, the other 38+ million Californians aren't subject to this policy.
thats the craziest thing i ever heard, how does a society even function like that?

does it apply 2 private property or just shop lifters?

I think it's only for shoplifting. I can see the bean counter's logic. It costs the local government a lot of money to charge petty crimes. Police, prosecutors, public defenders, judges, county jail, etc. The problem is that people that are thieves know what they can get away with, so the unintended consequence is more petty crime. I think they should divert people into heavy duty community service as a first change, restitution and probation.

I don't know that it will solve the problem, but it might deter some petty crime in the future. I think the real problem is probably homeless people, but I'm sure they're not the only ones shoplifiting.
$950 isnt exactly 'petty' lol. if i had a mom & pop shop there id shut down and relocate just outside city limits

It is compared to the cost of all those things I listed in my previous post.
well crime is an industry and thats y they let repeat offenders out. pfft they r worth millions

but being too lenient leads 2 vigilantism and local politicians getting their houses burned down. i just dont get y voters keep voting for these ppl

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This is a Pro Trump Group, we don't need no stinkin' science.

Why did you smear yourself with shit and then scream that you are pretty? Everyone just sees a deranged man who smeared himself with his own shit.
Why do you have to constantly sexually harass me, are you competing for my affections like lil Stubbs?

Everyone is making fun of how stupid you are. Sadly. You are so stupid you think everyone is flirting with you. You are as dumb as they come, aidsman. Also stop smearing your own feces on yourself. It doesn't attract anyone and everyone just sees that you are covered in shit.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hopefully one day we'll master that warp drive theory and surf through galaxies in an instant as we're going to need it, even if we master the speed of light it will still take us 25,000 years to travel to the nearest galaxy ... Fuckin...
We're a fucking race of monkeys and some of us are so stupid, they've legalized theft, like in Kookfornia

We won't make it outside of the solar system. I think the farthest we'll go in terms of space exploration is building stations where the elite class will go to live eventually, after earth has gone entirely to shit

Shoplifting is still a crime in most of California. It's one city, with less than a million residents, where anything worth less than $950 that's stolen is not charged. I think it's a terrible idea. I don't support this anywhere.

However, the other 38+ million Californians aren't subject to this policy.
thats the craziest thing i ever heard, how does a society even function like that?

does it apply 2 private property or just shop lifters?

I think it's only for shoplifting. I can see the bean counter's logic. It costs the local government a lot of money to charge petty crimes. Police, prosecutors, public defenders, judges, county jail, etc. The problem is that people that are thieves know what they can get away with, so the unintended consequence is more petty crime. I think they should divert people into heavy duty community service as a first change, restitution and probation.

I don't know that it will solve the problem, but it might deter some petty crime in the future. I think the real problem is probably homeless people, but I'm sure they're not the only ones shoplifiting.
$950 isnt exactly 'petty' lol. if i had a mom & pop shop there id shut down and relocate just outside city limits

Sadly, the law is a state law.

I honestly thought that it was on for SF. I didn't realize that it was state law. I guess it was changed in 2020

2019. I, sadly, live here.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
This is a Pro Trump Group, we don't need no stinkin' science.

Why did you smear yourself with shit and then scream that you are pretty? Everyone just sees a deranged man who smeared himself with his own shit.
Why do you have to constantly sexually harass me, are you competing for my affections like lil Stubbs?

Everyone is making fun of how stupid you are. Sadly. You are so stupid you think everyone is flirting with you. You are as dumb as they come, aidsman.
No no.. he thinks getting wedgied and kicked down a flight of stairs with his tongue tied around his ankles is pwning you and everyone else doing the kicking

seriously

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Soon that policy will spread to other cities, as it's the case with liberal insanity.

I particularly like the "Defund police" crap. After he cops are gone, there'll be NOBODY left to protect the retards.

Last edited:

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
In all fairness to Oak “bean counter” is a term used in business to refer to the person in charge of accounts payable/receivable

and in the context she used the term I’d wager she was talking about the city comptroller

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
In all fairness to Oak “bean counter” is a term used in business to refer to the person in charge of accounts payable/receivable

and in the context she used the term I’d wager she was talking about the city comptroller
My bad
So what’s up Brutha? You don’t come around much. How are the filthy vermin liberal scum down by you?

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Nothing like staying on topic people...:facepalm:
Anyway...
Even if we took the most pessimistic view after there only being us which is the Drake equation (N=R* x fp x ne x fi x fi x fc x L) that works out at 10,000 Earth like planets WITH intelligent life in our milky way and 100 million throughout the known universe so that means according to math and science there's 100 million civilisations like ours but I think it's much higher because we don't know the answer to "L" which means longevity of civilisations i.e after a species becomes to a certain advanced state it tends to destroy itself like with nuclear explosions etc and that could also be the answer as to why we haven't officially heard or been visited by any aliens...

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Stay on topic folks.. Its about the Universe not the people or problems in it.. This is @SHAMPAIN s thread so ultimatley he gets the last say to the content in it but am pretty confident this wasnt the direction he was taking this topic
You just beat me to it... lols
Confine the drooling liberals to sweatshop and watch how no threads upstairs get hijacked from that point forward

you know what I’m saying here is true

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Stay on topic folks.. Its about the Universe not the people or problems in it.. This is @SHAMPAIN s thread so ultimatley he gets the last say to the content in it but am pretty confident this wasnt the direction he was taking this topic
Confine the drooling liberals to sweatshop and watch how no threads upstairs get hijacked from that point forward

We don't like killing conversations but the tit for tat shit is everyones doing, shit happens but I'll be trying to keep other peoples threads clean to a certain point... =)

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

We don't like killing conversations but the tit for tat shit is everyones doing, shit happens but I'll be trying to keep other peoples threads clean to a certain point... =)
you have to examine who it is that starts it in non sweatshop threads and take action if you want it to stop

just sayin, you handle the situation as you see fit, but i've observed the little tricks and snide tactics these geriatric shitrags pull

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

you have to examine who it is that starts it in non sweatshop threads and take action if you want it to stop

just sayin, you handle the situation as you see fit, but i've observed the little tricks and snide tactics these geriatric shitrags pull

Already in play and like observations are being monitored in the mod panel..

Gearing up..

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

My bad
So what’s up Brutha? You don’t come around much. How are the filthy vermin liberal scum down by you?
I was going to respond, but people are already bitching about thread hijacking

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
C64 was all the rage when I was a kid. Constantly swapping out all those 5.25" floppy disks was a chore though.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
C64 was all the rage when I was a kid. Constantly swapping out all those 5.25" floppy disks was a chore though.

In my city there was a small store that sold Atari computers. It was a place that enthusiasts could hang out together. There wasn't a Commodore store like it around here, so Atari computers had a bigger user base of "geeky" people. I started with an 8-bit 130XE, which was much like a C64 (maybe more like a C128). Then upgraded to a 16-bit 520ST a few years later.

I still boot up the ST every once in a while and play a few games.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Anyway...
Even if we took the most pessimistic view after there only being us which is the Drake equation (N=R* x fp x ne x fi x fi x fc x L) that works out at 10,000 Earth like planets WITH intelligent life in our milky way and 100 million throughout the known universe so that means according to math and science there's 100 million civilisations like ours but I think it's much higher because we don't know the answer to "L" which means longevity of civilisations i.e after a species becomes to a certain advanced state it tends to destroy itself like with nuclear explosions etc and that could also be the answer as to why we haven't officially heard or been visited by any aliens...

The "L" factor is a big one, though.

As usual, we can never know what we don't know.

On a side note, I played Arkane Studios' Prey last year and it took me quite a while before I noticed that one of the decorative banners hanging in my "apartment" (no spoilers here) was not, as I'd at first thought, just some random Asian-inspired calligraphy but actually a vertical representation of Drake's Equation. The realization blew my mind. It hangs over the computer.

You can see it (partly cut off) on the right of the image below.

prey-morgan-s-apartment-screenshot.jpg

x0aai52jlwg51.jpg

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Anyway...

The "L" factor is a big one, though.

As usual, we can never know what we don't know.

On a side note, I played Arkane Studios' Prey last year and it took me quite a while before I noticed that one of the decorative banners hanging in my "apartment" (no spoilers here) was not, as I'd at first thought, just some random Asian-inspired calligraphy but actually a vertical representation of Drake's Equation. The realization blew my mind. It hangs over the computer.

You can see it (partly cut off) on the right of the image below.

prey-morgan-s-apartment-screenshot.jpg

x0aai52jlwg51.jpg
Equations are quite easy to grasp once you know the basics but the great minds that came up with these fundimental laws are something else...

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
call it divine intervention or a freak accident but i think were alone in this universe

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
well someone put the universe here

how do we go from a lump of dirt 2 making smartphones?

*obviously i go with divine intervention

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
well someone put the universe here

how do we go from a lump of dirt 2 making smartphones?

*obviously i go with divine intervention
Well who put god here and so on? Logic says it was a coming together of certain elements that over time binded into life... The phrase that came into my mind as a kid still freaks me out a bit "There can never really be nothing because nothing still has to be something" haha think about that...

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
best not to, our brains just cant comprehend things like infinity

when i was really young after sunday school i thought about living in heaven forever. and ever, and ever and ever.....and ever.

the thought suddenly disturbed me